Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League: Pre-Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Benimar wrote: »
    Just looking for peoples opinion on the Torres to Rooney transfer in GW2. I notice a lot of people holding back £2m to make this transfer, something I'm seriously considering myself. It does create a bit of an issue that is outside our control though.

Logic would dictate that we wait until Torres and Rooney have played to see how they get on before making the transfer (Torres could be on fire, Rooney could get injured etc). However, to do this we probably need to hold back more than £2m, due to the knee jerk nature of a significant number who play this game.

There is nothing more sure than 'geniuses' will transfer Torres out for Rooney at 11.31am on Saturday which means by the time Rooney plays on Monday, the price gap could be as much as £2.4m.

It makes sense to go with Torres over Rooney in GW1 - an extra game, Rooney not having a great record at Goodison etc, but to do this we have to either hold back €2.5m and take the 'hit' of loss of team value or make the transfer on Saturday and hope.

How are people playing this?

I've no plans to bring in Rooney but I'd imagine that the majority of the 'geniuses' will be transferring in whoever gets a high score on Saturday.

For example, if the Pog has a revelation and scores two, I'm sure he'll be in plenty of teams come Saturday evening (that's if Reading even play Saturday, I haven't checked yet).

My greater worry would be that Tevez has a better first week than Aguero in which case Aguero could lose value. The first City game is certainly going to be noteworthy for transfers.

Already people are transferring Lescott and Aguero out because of what basically amounted to a pre-season friendly yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Man City XI in Community Shield in 2011
    Hart, Richards, Kolarov, Lescott, Kompany, De Jong, Y Toure, Milner , Silva, Dzeko, Balotelli

Man City XI in first game of the season in 2011

Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, DeJong , Barry, Yaya Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Johnson

The three that didn't start the CS (Clichy, Barry, Johnson) all cam on and finished that game.

Make what you want of that, folks. You could say that they "only" made 3 changes for their first PL game, of you could say "wow, they made 3 changes and they all started the next game, that means we should expect the same this time too".

Or... you could ignore this as useless info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I see Dempsey was not on the bench against Charlton in their last pre-season game, is he injured? He has been ever present on my team over the last 2 years. Do people believe that the arrival of Petric will mean that Dempsey will actually play in midfield? I would be interested to hear people opinion as Fulham imo have some nice fixtures starting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I see Dempsey was not on the bench against Charlton in their last pre-season game, is he injured? He has been ever present on my team over the last 2 years. Do people believe that the arrival of Petric will mean that Dempsey will actually play in midfield? I would be interested to hear people opinion as Fulham imo have some nice fixtures starting off.

Rumours about that Liverpool are after him.

Anybody taking a punt on Cazorla? Or is my money better spent on Bale/Yaya/Hazard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Eathrin wrote: »
    Anybody taking a punt on Cazorla? Or is my money better spent on Bale/Yaya/Hazard?

I had him in my team, but Spain are off to Puerto Rico for a pointless friendly on Wednesday. He might not start on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

keano_afc wrote: »
    I had him in my team, but Spain are off to Puerto Rico for a pointless friendly on Wednesday. He might not start on Saturday.

Is he in the squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

dahat wrote: »
    Is he in the squad?

He is, unfortunately.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Surely at this stage Defoe has to be worth considering? It looks like he'll be getting plenty of game time unless Spurs go and sign a striker, which I think is looking less and less likely.

Dawson or Kaboul?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Shane732 wrote: »
    Surely at this stage Defoe has to be worth considering? It looks like he'll be getting plenty of game time unless Spurs go and sign a striker, which I think is looking less and less likely.

Dawson or Kaboul?

Possibly yes, a gamble all the same though!

Kaboul, more of a threat going forward :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Does anybody think Harte will play for Reading?

Does anybody think Harte will play for Reading?

Shorey's there so it's hard to know. But everyone hopes he plays for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

keano_afc wrote: »

Torres in that squad also?
    If he is, could mean he might not start on Saturday as well.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Thanos wrote: »

He is in it but I'm certain he'll start for Chelsea. Their match is on Sunday and the Spanish lads arrive back on Thursday. Also Chelsea have no other strikers, only midfielders, so he has to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I noticed this myself. Its a tough decision between him and Bale tbh.

I'm a bit worried about my back line now.
    Not sure if any of them will start: Rafael, Lescott, Harte, Kaboul, Clarke.

I'm hoping Rafael will be first choice rb this season for utd.
    Lescott didn't play the previous game.
    I think Harte played most f last season.
    I think Kaboul is favoured over Dawson, Vertongen seems to have a place nailed down.
    Clarke seems to be favoured by Lambert at CB, at least until Dunne returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Going with a front 3 of aguero, tevez and torres until this seasons bargain forward shows himself and will then upgrade a defense that already has colocini and hangeland. Mid is fairly strong also with 2 9.5 mids and yaya.

happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Two days to go. It's squeaky bum time now lads! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Dempsey has had virtually no pre-season game time. I'd be surprised if he started at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

But if Adam goes the other way then we HAve another FF possibility as he could be the main man there as he was for Bpool........

Anyone taking a chance on Petric? Bargain forwards are hard to get!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Paully D wrote: »
    Two days to go. It's squeaky bum time now lads! :)

squeaky bam :pac:

**copyright Roberto Mancini-funny-quotes**

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

roryc wrote: »
    He is a must in FF teams, I won't be starting him however while his future remains in doubt. He might not be as influenical re. set pieces if he does transfer to Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

sky sports news reporting Man U have agreed deal to sign RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

My attitude to Van Persie goals is going to change SO much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

BREAKING NEWS:
    Fantasy Premier League have announced a 6th midfielder spot and a 4th striker spot, along with allowing up to 6 players from Manchester United and a 20m transfer fund increase.

Early reports suggest that people still haven't got a f***ing clue who to pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

One thing I'd love to know is if Van Persie will take over from Rooney on penalties (RvP certainly has a much better record) and set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

Thanos wrote: »

chelsea aint playing until sunday

• Advertisement

What do you make of the exchange game?

Advertisement