Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB Stations - New Trials

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Christmas FM has been added.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Markbrie

Just been given a DAB radio, to be honest I can't see the point of it at all. There are very few stations compared to FM band. Don't get me wrong there are some good stations on it. I would be grateful if someone could tell me more about it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭decies

It's a chockate tea pot if its only going to carry Irish stations anyways . People want more choice .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

decies wrote: »
    It's a chockate tea pot if its only going to carry Irish stations anyways . People want more choice .

"Chockate tea pot" or not its no different than FM in the sense that it carries only Irish stations, the main advantage is (at least in my part of dublin) that the signal and sound quality is way better than FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Markbrie wrote: »
    Just been given a DAB radio, to be honest I can't see the point of it at all. There are very few stations compared to FM band. Don't get me wrong there are some good stations on it. I would be grateful if someone could tell me more about it. Thanks

The quality is significantly better than FM, think of it as HD compared to Standard Definition if it was TV broadcasts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Markbrie

To be honest guys I have listened to it on 3 different radios and don't see any difference in sound but in regards to signal it seems to keep breaking up where FM doesn't. Are there any plans to improve this service reception wise and also with the addition of new stations. Thanks

Advertisement