Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Less than 6 months to go until the world ends...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

I can't wait for the most spectacular fireworks display ever seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

nbar12 wrote: »
    I have scientific proof that it will end! Di jong wi meow wong the leader of North Korea plans to send 6 nuclear missiles across the world. He has not yet chosen what countries will be hit. It is rumoured that he will do a raffle of the countries of the world to see who are the lucky ones.

Thats why we have Jack Bauer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Thats why we have Jack Bauer

Relevant. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

nbar12 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has any major plans before the world ends?
    Hope to have the house painted by then. Maybe do the garden up a bit also. So much to do, so little time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Sindri wrote: »
    It (the Mayan calendar) doesn't take into account Leap years, no, but the current baktun (cycle in the Mayan calendar) does indeed actually end on the 21st of December 2012. The Mayan date on the 20th of this year will be 12.19.19.17.19 and the next day, the 21st it will be 13.0.0.0.0.

They don't actually say the world will end, rather it's the beginning of a new baktun, a new era and this Mayan calendar (the Long Count) is a linear calendar so could continue on indefinitely. :)

Look my way is far easier to understand so we will just go with that ok and assume the world isnt going to end. If it does end I will come straight back here and declare to everyone that I was wrong and you were right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

donalg1 wrote: »
    Look my way is far easier to understand so we will just go with that ok and assume the world isnt going to end. If it does end I will come straight back here and declare to everyone that I was wrong and you were right.
    It (the Mayan calendar) doesn't take into account Leap years, no, but the current baktun (cycle in the Mayan calendar) does indeed actually end on the 21st of December 2012. The Mayan date on the 20th of this year will be 12.19.19.17.19 and the next day, the 21st it will be 13.0.0.0.0.

They don't actually say the world will end, rather it's the beginning of a new baktun, a new era and this Mayan calendar (the Long Count) is a linear calendar so could continue on indefinitely. :)

:confused: I never said the world would end I said the baktun ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

:confused: I never said the world would end I said the baktun ends.

My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

planning to be putting in my new hedge around then hope i get it finished in time..

Last one was killed by the 2 bad winters we had and I still haven't gotten round to digging the old one out. winter is the best time to plant trees as they are dormant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I'd so laugh at you guys if a load of shít from the film 2012 starts happening.

Well.. laugh and cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Abi wrote: »
    I'd so laugh at you guys if a load of shít from the film 2012 starts happening.

Well.. laugh and cry.

Hahaha from the film 2012:::::

"You'd have to keep a thing like this
    under wraps. I mean, just think about it, okay?

First, the stock market would go.
    Then the economy, boom!
    The dollar, boom!
    And then pandemonium in the streets.
    War, genocide, boom, boom, boom!"

Makes you wonder...... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

y2.012k bug results in an indian calling you to tell you, that you have a virus on your pc

no they are trying to save us from it and all we do is laugh and mock them. we're doomed ;)

Why the hell did I give up smoking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I hate to imagine how traumatised people who truly believe it's gonna end will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Mayan calendar didn't take into account Leap years...

well if they can predict the end of the world, i'm sure they'll have predicted that we'd be using leap years and factored accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Mayan calendar didn't take into account Leap years...

True. Technically the world should've ended August 2011.

Advertisement