Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,662 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pm me an email address and I'll send you an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

I wouldn't mind playing a dynasty startup if one is going. I'm not interested in playing for money though as I play enough leagues for money. Drop me a msg if there's any room

This isn't a money league. I've had no response from Mikedrop so if you pm me an email address I'll send you an invite.

Sent there

We now have 8 folks. I think thats enough to get it going. I'll wait until Saturday to see if we get two more. Seven of the old crew so far.

I've set up a doodle to vote for a draft date. This draft will take time so I'm putting in 6pm, 7pm and 8pm as the times as I'm sure most don't want to be up until one in the morning doing the draft.

If people would like a later time please post here. If a few people want it I'll add later times.

Please everyone vote for you preferred dates and times soon.

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/aQ00n50e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

Sorry, only seeing this now. If a spot opens up let me know

Send me an email address by pm and if I get one more you are in and I'll send you an invite to your email to join. Keep a close eye over the coming days because I'll be making a decision on Sunday. I can't wait any longer than that for another person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭boccy23

@eagle eye Is it a complete redraft or would I inherit a team? What site do ye play on?

Complete redraft. It's a live online draft. We'll return to offline drafts next year.

We play on ESPN.

We do offline drafts because they are rookie drafts. You don't lose any players unless you decide you don't want them or to make space for rookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭boccy23

Sounds good. If you are still looking for someone, then I'm more than happy to join.

• Advertisement

Would be delighted to have you, please pm me an email address and I'll send you an invite.

We have ten which is great.

Please everybody go to the doodle link and pick your favourite dates and times for the draft.

The draft date and time will be posted here on Sunday.

Please go here and vote for your preferred draft date and time.

Still only three people, including me, have voted for a draft date and time.

It's going to be either Monday night or next Saturday as things stand.

Draft will be next Saturday, 3rd September at 8.00pm.

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I assume draft order will be random and not the order it says on the site?

Draft is today, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Yep 8pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Jalen Hurts, trey lance & Justin fields on the trade block.

• Advertisement

Eagle Eye, you may want to look at the scoring for defensive players, no points for tackles or sacks. Can you change it? We did notice before the draft and drafted assuming the points system would be changed as right now defensive players are worthless

I'll sort that at some stage today hopefully. It'll definitely be done tomorrow at the latest.

Congrats to our Champion Arsenal Jets who came through the wildcard round and then just obliterated everybody with scores of 190 in the semi-final and 175 in the final.

I hope everyone enjoyed the league, I certainly did. It seems like we have a very good crew with no messing around which is great. . We can discuss any changes and the draft before next season. I noticed there is a limit on how many QB, RB, WR and TE you have on your roster. If people want to change that we can do it. I think we should do an offline rookie draft and I'll add the players to rosters. We have to decide how many players have to be dropped and I presume that no players can be left on IR.

A reminder to everybody to set your keepers.

Anyway here's hoping everybody is back next season.

So I'm just putting this out there for everybody to think about.

When do you think we should start the rookie draft?

We can do it here and I'll add the picks to your rosters.

Please make sure you have your keepers set and enough space for your new rookies.

I'm open to suggestions about when to start the draft so please suggest your dates.

I also want input about the limits on positions, if you are happy with it then we'll stay as we are, if you don't like it then we'll have a vote on it.

Please make your thoughts known on anything you think should be changed.

So we have to get this rookie draft going. Can people suggest dates to start?

If not I'll have to pick a date and I'll start drafting for people and I'll go strictly by the rankings on ESPN. That means you could get a player who is injured for the season as I won't be looking at the status of any player.

I would suggest sending a message on ESPN will get people moving and also putting up the draft order

Thanks Spongey. I tried to send an email to everybody but theres some sort of issue on espn doing that. So I'm putting up this post here and on ESPN.

I'm contacting everybody to try and arrange a draft date. I think we need to start in mid-August as it's an offline draft. 

I want to do it on boards.ie. Each person picks their player there and I'll update rosters after each round. You need to draft in three rounds, after that it's up to you if you want to keep going or stick with what you have. Please post that you are finished with the draft when you pick in the previous round. If not I'll select a player for you and you'll have to take him. 

The draft order is based off the worst records that didn't make the playoffs and finishing position for those that did make it. 

Just like the NFL the team who did worst last year has the first pick in each round. 

Please make sure you have your keepers saved. 

This is the draft order

1. Sligo Shamrocks

2. Boccys G-Men

3. Darizona Dardinals

4. Mayo 51ers Mayo

5. 1st Place Phinish

6. NYC Ballers

7. DaVegas Crew

8. The Terrible Towels

9. Foxboro Legends

10. Arsenal Jets

Regards, 

eagle eye

Got the email sent. I was looking at last season for the draft order and because I was in last season it wouldn't let me send it. 😶

You mentioned 3 rounds, if we wanted more than 3 rookies do we pick in round 4 or 5 or will it be first come first served after the 3 round draft?

Haha no. 1 pick, welcome to Sligo Bijan :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Looking forward to getting it going. Happy to start the draft as soon as everyone is ready

Advertisement