Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 7 - July 7th - "Whatdaya mean 5 months?"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Is SF4 single or double elimination?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The Hound wrote: »
    Is SF4 single or double elimination?

Double!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

I fancy showing me face at this, should probably knock some rust off my SC5 first tho, my poor soldier of an Xbox has been brown bread for quite some time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Right, times!

We'll be opening doors at 10, with the aim to start tourneys at 10.45-11.
    If you're bringing kit, please be there for 10. If you're not, you can show up anyway and help out.

Also, Doyler, in response to the 3/5 request, if we have time for it (ie; if the UMvC3 Winner's/Loser's/Grand all take place before, say, 1.30, we should be well able to do 3/5).

Does anyone have the last 3 inferno rankings or any seeding info? I only have DoC stuff, and none of it pertains to SF.

Also, still looking for volunteers, especially PS3 compatible (ie; HD) monitors. Remember, it's 5 off for consoles, 8 for monitors and free in with both.

Hey guys.
    We're coming up a little short on consoles, could those people I've PM'd please re-contact me if you've not already done so? So far, I have 3 confirmed xboxes, and two more confirmed monitors. If anyone else is able to bring kit that I have not PM'd, please PM me with information, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Ill bring a system for MK DLC/Costumes/Alternate Colours.

Pity about no VF5 at this.

Regardless Iv got SG and SC5 too.

Love hearing that word "discount" y'no lol

rain.png

All the best,
    RAZER

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just leaving Galway now, and heading towards Drogheda, which means I'll be just down the road on saturday. Count me in for some MK.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Voa wrote: »
    Hey guys.
    We're coming up a little short on consoles, could those people I've PM'd please re-contact me if you've not already done so? So far, I have 3 confirmed xboxes, and two more confirmed monitors. If anyone else is able to bring kit that I have not PM'd, please PM me with information, thanks.
    PM'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Double!

LOL Instantly thought of Skull Girls.

'IMPOSSIBLE TO GAGE!!!!!!"

All the best,
    RAZER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

LOL Instantly thought of Skull Girls.

'IMPOSSIBLE TO GAGE!!!!!!"

and i instantly thought of this...

2an4ew.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Phoenixstopdoylerandnut.png

So...it turns out that the exchange was under about an inch and a half of water the other week.

Good news is, your TO has eeeeeeeeveeeeeerything kinda sorta a little sorted.

Just be there with your kit if you're bringing it, and your hype if not.

lolwhut?

I have so much gear I can't really carry it far... so if we're in an alternative location plz pm me :)

Nah, we're still in the exchange, and the times are still the same. The place just looks a little....different is all.

Also, quite seriously though, if no one has a seeding list on hand, the SF4 is gonna be random seeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

@voa

i know MK9 is normally near the end of the day so time is always more strict then but IF time does allow it on the day would it be possible for us to have the 3/5 for the just the grand finals??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Lythero wrote: »
    Phoenixstopdoylerandnut.png

I've never won a DOC:pac:

Nutrient wrote: »
    I've never won a DOC:pac:
    Really?

Woooooow, you suuuuuuuuuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Hey, I'll be there tomorrow though I might be running a little late as my bus from Cork doesn't get in till 11. Could someone sign me up for AE and I'll pay when I arrive?

Forget it, not gonna make up to Dublin till 1:30pm at the earliest ( blame some poxy concert in phoenix park completely booking out the 8am aircoach and creating so much chaos, I just walked off! )

I'm held up a bit, should be there by 10.20 anyway.

• Advertisement

I'm held up a bit, should be there by 10.20 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Voa rang me shortly before ten with an alarm blaring. Hopefully it's sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

AE Results:

1. Ladnopoka
    2. Cobelcog
    3. Jun
    4. Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

ggs everybody, it was a bumpy tournament but nice one voa and aj for running the two so well.

Nice to see so many people for a tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

We need aircon.
    It feels like Vanilla Inferno all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs all, great tournament. Really enjoyed the day. Congratulations to all the tournament winners and cheers to everyone who brought setups or helped out in any way.

A few points I want to make:

1. Make UMVC3 3/5 instead of 2/3. It's the tournament standard for the game now and with the amount of setups we can guarantee now, we're not tight on time. The game runs really fast anyway whether it's 2/3 or 3/5.

I beat a couple of people 2/3 today that I feel like would have had a much better chance or beaten me were it 3/5, and I think that players who devote time to the game shouldn't be playing in tournaments where they get randomed out in 2 games by someone like me who barely plays it (which is a much bigger problem in Marvel than any other current game).

2. Don't put the new Dell monitors as the stream setup for the moment. Doom's current setup adds a lot of lag to them (the native resolution of the monitor is 1080p, but the Hauppage can only take 720p input, so the console has to be set to that and then the monitor has to upscale the image which adds processing lag).

We should use one of the monitors with a lower resolution for the moment, it's a waste buying two great lagless monitors and then having one of them on a setup that introduces a lot of lag. Doom said to me he was considering upgrading his setup soon which should fix this problem, and obviously no offence Doom, I really appreciate all the work you put in with regard to recording, and I know the new monitors make life easier on you, but I think the players having a lagless setup for the tournament should come first.

Congrats to DarkTalent for taking the win this time! (Ultimate Marvel)

I know for a fact that watching myself choke while attempting a level 3 twice in the replays will make me feel ill, but regardless I had a blast. Casuals afterwards were fun.

Looking forward to the next tourney!

Also, the 3/5 thing would've been cool if it weren't just for the grand finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

GGs to everyone I played today. Pity I missed out on AE, blame the fecking Swedish House Mafia having a concert in Dublin today for that ( which in turn caused bus chaos in Cork. )

Congrats to the Witch for taking Soul Calibur, pleasure to play you. Gutted I did so badly when I went on stream. Guess that is stream nerves for ya. :pac:

Thanks everyone who came out, despite it being Evo weekend :D
    I think 31 is a pretty strong number for DoC, so I'm happy that not only did things get pretty hype, but that they ran real smoothly too.

Congrats to all those who placed! Here are the top 4 for each game.
    SF4
    Champion: Ladnopoka
    1st Runner Up: Cobelcog
    2nd Runner Up: JunDP
    3rd Runner Up: Doom

MVC
    Champion: DT
    1st Runner Up: Nutrient
    2nd Runner Up: Doyler
    3rd Runner Up: Lythero

MK
    Champion: 1man3letters
    1st Runner Up: Slickmeister
    2nd Runner Up: Lar
    3rd Runner Up: Nutrient

Soul Cal
    Champion: Witch
    1st Runner Up: DT
    2nd Runner Up: Melfice
    3rd Runner Up: Misty Chaos

Shoutouts to 10am alarm bells and bumpy floors.
    Also, singing on commentary.
    Like this this, like that...

• Advertisement

Oh, and also, a huge thanks to everyone who helped with the setup and running of tournaments, much appreciated :)
    And a huge thanks as always to The Exchange.

Also, while on this topic, the flood in the exchange damaged all the cardboard boxes we held our equipment in...so now they're kinda loose and free. We should probably put some community money towards somekinda storage box or something for them. Loose monitors floating around is probably not a good thing.:pac:

Advertisement