Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 7 - July 7th - "Whatdaya mean 5 months?"

Options
  • 26-06-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

DoC; Holy hells, did this ever get delayed! I will be putting up the seeding list here for people in all three seeded games (MK9, UMvC3 and SF4[once I receive it]), and we'll be using Tournament Maker 2.1 for creating the brackets. Since this will be a DoC running SF4, it will be double elim only. I understand this might irk some people, but I'm afraid that, unless if we have 8+ setups, casuals will be simply too hard to run.

On the other hand, if you want to bring some kit (PM me what you can bring, and we'll talk it out), we could get a causal setup running the whole entire day.
    The venue will be open from XXxm till XXpm, with tournaments starting as close to XX as we can manage (times to be added in once I chat with Chopper about what times the bookings are for...but I believe we can open doors at 9.30-10.), in the Exchange. Entry price will be as follows; 5 euro to go towards the exchange, with one entry to a single tournament costing 7 quid, entry to all tournaments costing 10.
    Prizes will be paid out with ratio to the total number of entrants based off the total prize pot. Thus, the bigger the tournament, the bigger the money. Tournament running order will be;
    SF run to losers finals, then closing sign ups for UMvC3. Once UMvC3 hits the same place, we close up on SC5 and MK9. Then we're done. As always, this running order is provisional and subject to change (thread will be edited if it does, and edited with approximate start times).
    While some may complain that BB or SG deserves a spot more than SC5, I believe that SC5 needs at least a chance to shine and pull some of the 3D fighting game crowd. If it proves unpopular, we will swap it with SG for the next DoC, or BB if that scene does wind up coming back to life.
    We'll be running these brackets military; we'll be placing our main desk front and center for people to request their brackets, as well as having them put up behind the main desk. This also means, that, if you are called for a match, and fail to turn up in 1 to 2 minutes, you WILL be disqualified. We're being strict as all hell about this. If you are leaving the venue, inform a tournament admin (any of the team doomy crew behind the desk) or myself about it, so we can play other matches ahead of yours, before yours becomes a problem. If you are absent for longer than 5 minutes, you will be disqualified regardless.
    If you have been PM'd about bringing kit in on the day, PLEASE ensure you turn up at XX, if not a little before. Anyone else who wants to turn up early is very welcome to, but keep in mind, you will be made help move heavy things around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds, except for UMvC3, which will be best of 3 games. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs or Infernos (where applicable) will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly seeded.

1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist types may not.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No white track suits please. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can I run VF5 casuals? I'll bring the setup for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

I'll be away unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I'll run SF if you want. Let me know if you need me to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'll be there, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Perhaps marvel should be 3/5. Seems to be the norm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I'll bring an Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I suspect that might be problematic for timing for everything. We should defo have finals of both sf and Marvel to 3/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

ages since I've been to a tournament. Will definitely be there. I'll bring a xbox as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'll be there.

Depending on how much gear I end up storing, I'll also need at least one person to help me lift things from my place to the Exchange in the morning, and back again after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You should put an easy-to-read list of the important info at the top of the OP, it's a pain looking through it to figure out pricing structure/location/what games are on etc.

edit: and put the location and games in thread title too

If someone does that up I will pop it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

ayjayirl wrote: »
    We should defo have finals of both sf and Marvel to 3/5.

true if time allows this would be great,
    be very nice to see MK9 get the same 3/5 if goes that way for SF and marvel (grand finals)

good to see SC5 in there also

ill go make a thread about this on TYM in a bit,drum up some hype and what not,
    there should be a few new comers to mk from talking to some different people which pretty nice

shame this is on same time mk9 evo pools will be on, i need to see glue/foxy/the twins beast on america! will def be making this though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'll hopefully pop in for a bit on the day. I have a meeting in the Japanese Embassy so I won't be able to stay for long unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ayjayirl wrote: »
    I suspect that might be problematic for timing for everything. We should defo have finals of both sf and Marvel to 3/5.
    Marvel yes.
    SF no.

I say this because even just watching Marvel matches, they are MUCH faster.

This is also why I would honestly prefer KoF tourneys to be best-of-1 :pac:

Made a facebook event thing. Trying to do my bit promotion wise :)

http://www.facebook.com/events/328375113914836/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Xanfel

I'm probably not going to be able to attend. Much like Sairus, Japan calls and the preparations required blah blah blah.

That being said. I'll glady share any Facebook events you guys throw up, and hopefully spread the word!

But y'know, now that I'm a big Marvel champ I can afford to miss tournaments... (Yeah, right.)

Also, if you're coming and can bring kit, please PM me what you are/can bring.

Voa I think we need a call on whether TAC infinites are banned or not, just fyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Oh how I wish this wasn't on during EVO weekend. Then I wouldn't feel so conflicted about whether to stay or to go!

• Advertisement

Voa I think we need a call on whether TAC infinites are banned or not, just fyi.
    Evo's letting them slide. I guess I'll follow suit; if you can do 'em, you're free to.
    But expect to be called a scumbag and other hurtful things on mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

Voa wrote: »
    But expect to be called a scumbag and other hurtful things on mike.

Awww poor Micheal.
    I am gonna try head to this for my first tourney EVAR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Nevflinn wrote: »
    Oh how I wish this wasn't on during EVO weekend. Then I wouldn't feel so conflicted about whether to stay or to go!

This basically, especially if we're going to be doing the all nighter for the finals on Sunday like last year. I do want to travel for SC5 but I've also got a night out at the dogs next Friday. Next week is gonna be expensive for me one way or another! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just win your money back at the dogs, easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Would like to go but can't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Gutted I can't make this - I'm going to France that morning. :/

Da Bounca: we're gonna need to get more Soulcalibur sessions going and try run another tournament at some point - I don't see this one making a splash if no one's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

As I said in the other thread I'll be there for sc5.

Voa, can we quickly clarify that sc5 will be run under the standard ruleset, ie random stage selection and the loser can choose to randomly select another stage if they want?

Also is there anybody attending that can bring the unlockable characters?

I was about to ask about the ruleset...

Though let it be known now, if there's simply not the numbers for a SC5 tournament, it may warp into an SG tournament.

And can people I PM'd please PM me back? Is it so much to ask? :pac:

Also, Kiki, I'm afraid if you bring a setup, we're using it for the tournaments. Not to knock VF5 flat on its face, but we need the space and machines right now, as I've no idea how many machines/screens we'll have.

Remember, the cash discount is still available for people who bring kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Here's the evo rules for SC5:
    • Game version: US Playstation 3
    • Game Settings: 3/5 Rounds, 2/3 Games, 60 Seconds
    • If loser chooses a new character, the stage will be random select.
    • Loser may also choose to random select the stage again after a loss.
    • There will be no customizing colors, names or items at any time before or during a tournament match. Any player that does so will be given a loss.
    • Create a Soul is not allowed in tournament play.
    About numbers, yeah seems perfectly fair.. It wouldnt make sense to run a tournament for a game that no one turned up to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Xanfel wrote: »

But y'know, now that I'm a big Marvel champ I can afford to miss tournaments... (Yeah, right.)

Is this Doyler?

Advertisement