Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The TA

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭KickstartHeart

Commietommy I'd remind you that I said I wouldn't join the British military. How would I not see a foreign countries army as foreign?

Your logic on this issue is running parallel to trying to fit a golf ball into a hose pipe.

Put asside your personally contradicting political ideals for a second, and realise that someone can join the British military if they want to.

You should really get over yourself. You were an FCA Corporal. Hardly something of military/historical/political prestige. Your'e nothing to give people hastle for making their own decisions about what force they join.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

Its a moot point, some English regiments fought each other in the English civil war on opposite sides, the British army trains with armies it has fought world wars against and now heavily trains with the French a foe for hundreds of yrs.

History moves on.
    Totally pointless post. They are English regiments in the British army, the Irish army is the army of the ROI if you didn't know. The poor boy seems to think the Irish War of Independence was some sort of internal British civil war or something, obviously 'Eire' to him is some sort of wayward child who needs Mummy to keep an eye on :D Freudian slip there matey.
    Morphéus wrote: »
    and irish soldiers complete english courses before returning here as instructors and vice versa.
    A few Irish soldiers complete courses with the UK AND many others such as the USA, Scandinavian forces in the Nordic battlegroup, the many UN forces they have been on missions with around the world.

Worn with pride by Irishmen and women -
    241px-Oglaigh_na_heireann.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

And what Irishman wants to serve in a British force when he can serve in an Irish one - like I did in my time.
    A former Nco in my company is over in Rmas at the moment, I'll be sure to let him know what some gob****e on the Internet thinks of him. Similarly another guy, a private out of the same company is now serving with the irish guards.
    They didn't have the opportunity to join the PDF due to the recruitment embargo so now they are across the water taking the queens shilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

If anybody else apart from me and the one tearing the ass out of it for his own political wet-dreams is still reading this thread -

The British Army has within it not a single 'English' regiment. What it DOES have are a lot of regiments that proudly proclaim their heritage by being called -

Regular -
    The Scots Guards
    The Irish Guards
    The Welsh Guards
    The Royal Irish Regiment
    The Royal Scottish Borderers
    The Black Watch
    The Highlanders
    The Royal Welsh
    The Royal Gibraltar Regiment
    the Royal Gurkha Rifles

TA -

The Royal Regiment of Scotland [TA]
    The Royal Irish Rgiment [TA]
    The Royal Welsh [TA]

There IS, if you want to make a point, the Royal Anglian Regiment, but that is regional rather than ethnically titled. The nickname of one battalion - The Vikings - is no more than a nod to the ancient ancestry of much of the eastern part of England from which the RAR gets its recruits.

As noted, there is not a single 'Royal English Regiment', nor has there ever been in the history of the BA.

TBH, I'm not certain sure why I'm doing this - all this information is as easy for commietommy to find as it is for me.

I therefore name him - TROLL OF THE YEAR.

tac

Had to give up training due to a bad motorbike accident. Anything else.

Ah, that so?

Well, I'm glad to hear it was nothing trivial. :D

tac

• Advertisement

tac foley wrote: »
    If anybody else apart from me and the one tearing the ass out of it for his own political wet-dreams is still reading this thread -

The British Army has within it not a single 'English' regiment. What it DOES have are a lot of regiments that proudly proclaim their heritage by being called -

Regular -
    The Scots Guards
    The Irish Guards
    The Welsh Guards
    The Royal Irish Regiment
    The Royal Scottish Borderers
    The Black Watch
    The Highlanders
    The Royal Welsh
    The Royal Gibraltar Regiment
    the Royal Gurkha Rifles

TA -

The Royal Regiment of Scotland [TA]
    The Royal Irish Rgiment [TA]
    The Royal Welsh [TA]

There IS, if you want to make a point, the Royal Anglian Regiment, but that is regional rather than ethnically titled. The nickname of one battalion - The Vikings - is no more than a nod to the ancient ancestry of much of the eastern part of England from which the RAR gets its recruits.

As noted, there is not a single 'Royal English Regiment', nor has there ever been in the history of the BA.

TBH, I'm not certain sure why I'm doing this - all this information is as easy for commietommy to find as it is for me.

I therefore name him - TROLL OF THE YEAR.

tac
    Oh deary me, I'm supposed to get hung up about silly little pedantic nonsense about regimental traditions etc :D As for the ' The Irish Guards ', the vast majority of them are fellas from England with names like Mulligan, Kelly etc with great grand daddy's or whatever from Ireland. But then again, so are the Parachute regiment, Royal Marines etc are essentially English.

Regardless, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sir - you are writing a load of Boolocks.

Please carry on without me.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

There used to be a guy called Patsy the Nazi who came out with the dame sort of Walter mitty crap as our friend commie the tommy, or is it the commie tommy.

Patsy got site banned I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dublinhill16

Have my PDF psychometric test tomorrow, wish me luck, anyone tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Have my PDF psychometric test tomorrow, wish me luck, anyone tips?

Don't answer the way you think they want you to answer, answer honestly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

And best of luck Dublinhill16

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Read the question, read the question..then read the question. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

iceage wrote: »
    Read the question, read the question..then read the question. Best of luck.

Don't forget to actually answer the question!!

tac foley wrote: »
    Sir - you are writing a load of Boolocks.

Please carry on without me.

tac
    Yes I will Fred :)
    There used to be a guy called Patsy the Nazi who came out with the dame sort of Walter mitty crap as our friend commie the tommy, or is it the commie tommy.

Patsy got site banned I believe.
    Sure thing Tac, don't see Getz around these days much ;) As for the Walter Mitty crap, I'm not the one claiming to be looking for information on the TA so he can drive up to the six counties a few times a week when he could join the Reserve in Dublin.

( Well since you asked, as for Patsy, he's probably too busy with unionist friends of yours on politics.ie ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Well this thread went well...

Tommy is taking two weeks off. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement