Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on FX 4: Maynard v Guida **Spoilers** Broadcast info in post #1

Options
  • 22-06-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭

Main Card:

Gray Maynard vs. Clay Guida
    Sam Stout vs. Spencer Fisher
    Brian Ebersole vs. T.J. Waldburger
    Ross Pearson vs. Cub Swanson

Preliminary Card:

Hatsu Hioki vs. Ricardo Lamas
    Ramsey Nijem vs. C.J. Keith
    Rick Story vs. Brock Jardine
    Steven Siler vs. Joey Gambino
    Nick Catone vs. Chris Camozzi
    Matt Brown vs. Luis Ramos

Preliminary Card:

Dan Miller vs. Ricardo Funch
    Ken Stone vs. Dustin Pague

**BROADCAST INFO:**

Main card is on ESPN at 2am
    Prelims should be in the usual places Facebook & UFC.tv Starting from 11pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Should be some decent fights here tonight. (Much better than tomorrow nights card anyway on paper)
    Maynard v Guida should be a war. I'd expect Guida to take it though.
    Ebersole is always fun to watch. He's probably the only man I always look forward to seeing his chest hair! :pac:
    And I'd say the Pearson v Swanson fight will be a good one too. Looking forward to this card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

hatsus and maynard are the only 2 really worth watching on that card . Actually scratch that cub swansons fighting awesome :D

Really good performance from Matt Brown there. Ramos has some chin though. Dunno how he stayed standing for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

ugh, that was a horrible looking cut on catone

Roar wrote: »
    ugh, that was a horrible looking cut on catone

Yeah it was leaking blood everywhere. That'll need a fair few stitches I'd say!
    Pity it ended with a doctors stoppage though.

• Advertisement

Great win for Siler there. Very impressive.
    It's certainly shaping up to be a blood-filled night! :D

Cub Swanson keeps getting better with each fight. Nice ko there. Looking forward to seeing whats next for him.

Kinda quiet round these parts tonight..............

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I'm a better listener....ebersole fight wasn't great I thought although I hadn't my full attention on it

I hate when a crowd start booing

• Advertisement

Delighted Maynard won that after guida's performance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Main event was really bad. Maynard was so frustrated and it's easy to see why. I don't like Guidas fighting style. There's more bouncing around than fighting.
    Dana White wasn't too happy with it either judging by his twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

disgraceful fight. guida is an embarrassment. hope he gets dumped back to the undercards for the rest of his career after that tripe. I've said it many a time, Greg Jackson is ruining MMA.

insanity50 wrote: »
    Greg Jackson is ruining MMA.

I hate that statement.

darced wrote: »

I'm sure he was advised by his coaches that the gameplan should be a lot of movement and implement a "stick and move" sort of fight. But I doubt the plan was to practically just bounce around the cage doing nothing else. I think Mirgliotta should've warned him sooner than he did.
    I'd say the gamplan should've went more like Condit v Diaz, where Condit executed the plan to perfection. He managed to land crisp strikes and get out of the way before taking any damage. But he was constantly engaging. Guida had the movement down to a "T" but he seemed to have forgotten to fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'm a better listener....ebersole fight wasn't great I thought although I hadn't my full attention on it
    i thought it was good. great submission attempts and ebersole was great enduring/escaping them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've said it many a time, Greg Jackson is ruining MMA.

I actually like this statement because it shows to me which posters are ignorant and whose opinions should be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

I've said it many a time, Greg Jackson is ruining MMA.

I agree, J.Jones needs to get out of that gym.
    Jackson doesn't seem to want his fighters to finish fights or get out of the safety of Jab and run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

preddy wrote: »
    I agree, J.Jones needs to get out of that gym.
    Jackson doesn't seem to want his fighters to finish fights or get out of the safety of Jab and run.

If you look at the records of the prominent fighters from Jacksons MMA, on average they've finished 2 of their last 3 fights they've won each. There are some who haven't, but the majority of the fighters have.

If you look at the records of the prominent fighters from Jacksons MMA, on average they've finished 2 of their last 3 fights they've won each. There are some who haven't, but the majority of the fighters have.

Look at the fighters in his camp they are all top of course they will finish alot of there fights being the best at there weight but i just dont like his safety first and the way he is changing fighters.

Just look what he has done to Guida, and Cerone who was afraid to throw against Diaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

preddy wrote: »
    Look at the fighters in his camp they are all top of course they will finish alot of there fights being the best at there weight but i just dont like his safety first and the way he is changing fighters.

Just look what he has done to Guida, and Cerone who was afraid to throw against Diaz.

Personally I don't think Cerrones problem against Diaz was because of any plan or training of Jacksons. And I certainly don't think he was afraid to throw. He was just too worked up and angry to fight smart. He just kept trying to stand right in front of Diaz and trade strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah, Cerrone is a terrible example. Diaz had just wound him up badly in the pre-fight build-up, then picked him off on the night. And if you look at the fighters you're criticising from Jackson, they're some of the best in the world. Therefore, when they fight there's much higher stakes. So do you really blame them for fighting smart and racking up points instead of going for spectacular, fan friendly finishes? What would you do yourself in that situation?

That's every sport these days, like it or not: done by the numbers. The difference between winning and losing can be millions these days, so it's time to start appreciating the skill and strategy that goes into winning the high stakes battles. They're like chess matches.

leggo wrote: »
    Yeah, Cerrone is a terrible example. Diaz had just wound him up badly in the pre-fight build-up, then picked him off on the night. And if you look at the fighters you're criticising from Jackson, they're some of the best in the world. Therefore, when they fight there's much higher stakes. So do you really blame them for fighting smart and racking up points instead of going for spectacular, fan friendly finishes? What would you do yourself in that situation?

That's every sport these days, like it or not: done by the numbers. The difference between winning and losing can be millions these days, so it's time to start appreciating the skill and strategy that goes into winning the high stakes battles. They're like chess matches.

Ok about Cerone but even Dana has issues with his Jackson coaching style.
    Prob affects his non title holding fighters trying to move up to a shot rather than the ones holding the belts. Esp if they are loosing a fight they cant seem to cut loose.

Popularty has alot more to do with making the big $$$ in MMA.
    Do you think someone like with 6 boring decisions in a row is what the fans want - and will pay PPV to see?

Anyway its only my opinion, I watch the fights to be entertained, I'd watch boxing to see Jabathons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

But the internets told me that Miletich ruined MMA years ago. Has it been fixed in the meantime?

Chael Sonnen fixed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Using Donald Cerrone as an example of how Jackson fighters are boring and "safety first" really takes the biscuit!

NExt people will be complaining that Leonard Garcia is a lay & pray merchant!

Advertisement