Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.apple.ie.totalfreegiveaway.com

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Christ. I got mine this morning. I'm 086 but with Vodafone.

No one should care. Just ignore them and delete them. They're just like email spam and no one gets upset about that. There's absolutely nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

cookie1977 wrote: »
    No one should care. Just ignore them and delete them. They're just like email spam and no one gets upset about that. There's absolutely nothing to worry about.

Oh I know theres nothing to worry about. I'm just not looking forward to getting more. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Oh I know theres nothing to worry about. I'm just not looking forward to getting more. :(

Well my wif got six one day in the space of a few minutes but has got none since then. Ye never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

got one earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

I got mine this evening, with a www adress to applegiveaway but there is the number they texted from +16312295738 and message centre +14044550011
    Not sure what to make out of this. Will have to contact these numbers to find out more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭guil

pirelli wrote: »
    I got mine this evening, with a www adress to applegiveaway but there is the number they texted from +16312295738 and message centre +14044550011
    Not sure what to make out of this. Will have to contact these numbers to find out more
    Why bother it's a scam/hoax

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

pirelli wrote: »
    Look have you not been reading and following this thread, DO NOT REPLY, RESPOND OR CONTACT THOSE NUMBERS, and save yourself a lot of grief, in a week's time you'll be starting a new thread, why do I have a big bill or phone credit being stolen, just, Ignore, delete and get on with life, have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MockingMantra

Just received a very similar text from an apple.ie/brcontest address.

I'd normally delete this stuff without a thought but "apple.ie" gives it an air of legitimacy making it all the more insidious. Curiously Apple's Irish site is www.apple.com/ie which only increases the likelihood of success for this particular con.

Beware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

I also got one from +1312975255

"You are a winner. you have been chosen to recieve a free gift. Go to www.apple.iefcgiveway.info and tell us where to ship your gift."

i have done some searching and it turns out +131 is australian

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

i recieved one of these !
    with a link to www.sony.ie.jrgiveaway.info
    it turns out to be zinga .com !!!
    WTF !?!?!?!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭forfcksake

Got one of these a couple of weeks ago & I know why, "Vodafone" were ringing day & night (7-8 times a day) to get my mam to switch over to a new cheaper package but she had to give 3 numbers which she could call for free & mine was one of them, my aunts was another & she also received the txt, f**kers! Now just to find out what other data she may have give them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

forfcksake wrote: »
    Got one of these a couple of weeks ago & I know why, "Vodafone" were ringing day & night (7-8 times a day) to get my mam to switch over to a new cheaper package but she had to give 3 numbers which she could call for free & mine was one of them, my aunts was another & she also received the txt, f**kers! Now just to find out what other data she may have give them!

I would say the voda call/change over had nothing to do with this text... have you rang coda to confirm the call was from them?

Advertisement