Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charges Over Ennis Primary School Incident Struck Out

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

Yes indeed. There must have been a communications breakdown when he wasn't in court. But why would he need to be in court if they were going to look for an adjournment while preparing the case, taking statements etc.
    I think the Judge is just as much to blame as he seems to be a little Hitler and full of himself. I'm sure getting evidential statements and preparing the case takes time and then you have the DPP sitting on it as there seems to be a backlog there going by other threads.
    I know a garda and i will ask him if he knows the reasons why this case was thrown out.
    If you do happen to ask your Garda friend,ask him about Judge Durkan,i will bet you he will say he is very fair,and he is,he greets anyone before him,asking if they are well? or a polite good morning Mr ....etc
    Yesterday,he dealt with some speeding offences,and when the cases were done,he wished 1 driver a safe drive back to donegal,thanked him for coming t court and respecting the judical system and finally reminded him that the forces were out on the road,so be carefull on the way home,similar to a cork lad. but from what i see of the judge he is a very pleasant man. btw i have seen the now retired judge mangan in action:rolleyes: i have nothing to say about him:cool:

the question you ask in the post"why would he need to be in court if they were going to look for an adjournment while preparing the case, taking statements" my answer to this is,if his solicitor objects to a postpoment then it is for a judge to decide if it should happen. a solicitor will often do this,rather than have a host of charges read out at 1 sitting,therefore a better chance of getting bail rather than waiting on remand. just an opinion of course.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Nice to see Godwin's Law is alive and well

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

Clareman wrote: »
    Nice to see Godwin's Law is alive and well
    :confused: is it? will you explain goodwins law to me/us,thanks

Advertisement