Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen Roche on Cycling Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭C3PO

Fiasco is going a bit far. I had the fiasco of applying to renew my licence online and it arriving in the post with my back numbers before the first open race of the season. I then had the fiasco of sending them an e-mail when I got the points to upgrade and them sending out my new licence and numbers in the same week. Most recently I had the fiasco of them ringing me to ensure I had 'VET' on my licence so that I wouldn't have trouble at sign on for the national championships (they would have done a quick reprint if not).

I also got my licence, without issue, as did most of my club mates so I apologise for using the word "fiasco" which is probably too strong a word but I also know a number of people who have had problems getting their licence issued! All of these problems stemmed from them having small issues with the application process and then not being able to contact anybody in the organisation to help sort them out! CI actually stopped answering their phone while they were processing applications for a number of weeks! As I said above I think the issue is simply one of understaffing not of any failings on an individual level!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

How do you propose we pay for these extra staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

C3PO wrote: »
    I also got my licence, without issue, as did most of my club mates so I apologise for using the word "fiasco" which is probably too strong a word but I also know a number of people who have had problems getting their licence issued! All of these problems stemmed from them having small issues with the application process and then not being able to contact anybody in the organisation to help sort them out! CI actually stopped answering their phone while they were processing applications for a number of weeks! As I said above I think the issue is simply one of understaffing not of any failings on a personal level!

dont apologise we can take it!:)

It is understaffing. The busiest time of the year is the licence season which we have took a really good look at to try and sort. The process for club sec's will be changed and will hopefully mean that whole licence fretting will not occur again! We would like you to have your licence in your hand before the end of Jan. All I can say to you is to apply early. The licence application period will be open the week after the agm and if you apply early you will get your licence early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭C3PO

How do you propose we pay for these extra staff?

I have no idea how the finances of Cycling Ireland break down but I do know that they have had a major increase in member numbers and I would have thought that there should be a corresponding increase in admin staff to process membership issues such as licencing etc, phone and e-mail answering etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭D20903

The licence applications should be processed by a 3rd party who are able to:

A) Fully automate it and therefore handle the volume and
    B) Have an operational website (that doesn't cost the members c.€80k - to date)

for a %age of the renewal fee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheFredJ

I guess I *was* being a litle bit optimistic in expecting a reply to an email by now. The question is, will CI manage to reply in a couple of days or will they just try and pretend it never happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

D20903 wrote: »
    The licence applications should be processed by a 3rd party who are able to:

A) Fully automate it and therefore handle the volume and
    B) Have an operational website (that doesn't cost the members c.€80k - to date)

for a %age of the renewal fee.

we actually looked at doing this. I cant recall exactly why we didnt go that way but its certainly an option. the website is operational...you mightnt like the way it operates but it does.
    TheFredJ wrote: »
    I guess I *was* being a litle bit optimistic in expecting a reply to an email by now. The question is, will CI manage to reply in a couple of days or will they just try and pretend it never happened?

I will make sure it is ;) when did you send it? you got good service yesterday no????

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭witty username

http://cyclismas.com/2012/06/stephen-roche-the-interview-part-2/

Just read part 2...some hard questions asked there alright. Usual Roche ducking and diving of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭TheFredJ

morana wrote: »
    we actually looked at doing this. I cant recall exactly why we didnt go that way but its certainly an option. the website is operational...you mightnt like the way it operates but it does.

I will make sure it is ;) when did you send it? you got good service yesterday no????

Sent Thu, not even an acknowledgement that it'll be looked at and someone might get back to me.

Good service? Some off the record comments yes, but good service would be a reply to an email, even to say they're not replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

I suggested last year making the license application internet-only. A chorus of 'what about those that don't have internet' was the response. I honestly think this is not valid. Everyone knows someone who has a computer. In this day and age having to handle internet, post and walk-ins is a waste of resources.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

dave2pvd wrote: »
    I suggested last year making the license application internet-only. A chorus of 'what about those that don't have internet' was the response. I honestly think this is not valid. Everyone knows someone who has a computer. In this day and age having to handle internet, post and walk-ins is a waste of resources.

Is the objective to stop people seeing what a kip it is? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

dave2pvd wrote: »

Those who replied to your suggestion on here must have the net so what's their problem?!?

Advertisement