Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisps sandwiches

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

hula hoop sambo............................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Crisp sandwiches made by someone else and packed in a box? No way. They have to be fresh, otherwise the crisps go soggy.

Batch bread, mountain of butter and Cheese & Onion Hunky Dorys. Yer only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Haven't had one in ages but crisps with any type of onion would be my favourite.

Shish en fipps after a good night out, can't say it buc can eat it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Donny Dub

A bit o' posh those:pac: They should be OK for Ascot!

It's the Chip Buttie for me : Two slices of thick white bread, real butter with proper Maris Piper chips inside. Yummy!

Good luck!

• Advertisement

White bread, real butter, cheese and onion crisps - tayto or king - bread folder over rather than a two sliced sambo cut down the middle - No squashing of crisps. Glass of milk. Yum.

I'm hungry :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Its Tayto sandwich, not Crisp sandwich! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

White bread, real butter, cheese and onion crisps - tayto or king - bread folder over rather than a two sliced sambo cut down the middle - No squashing of crisps. Glass of milk. Yum.

I'm hungry :/

Now I love milk and I'm partial to the odd crisp, sorry Tayto sandwich (don't want to upset The Snipe :p) but I would never dream of having crisps with milk, just doesn't seem right!

Now club orange and a crisp 'rambo'.....oh yes, get in, 1-0 :D

kfallon wrote: »
    Now I love milk and I'm partial to the odd crisp, sorry Tayto sandwich (don't want to upset The Snipe :p) but I would never dream of having crisps with milk, just doesn't seem right!

Now club orange and a crisp 'rambo'.....oh yes, get in, 1-0 :D

Oh god no. Milk or tea. Definitely none of your fizzy stuff.

Also applies to chocolate and biscuits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

fanadman1 wrote: »
    whats your favorite crisp sandwich
    for me eithe rplain cheese and onion or smokey bacon and ham :P

'Plain' cheese and onion?:confused:

• Advertisement

Oh god no. Milk or tea. Definitely none of your fizzy stuff.

Also applies to chocolate and biscuits :D

I am with you 100% on the second part of your post, let there be no doubt about it! I can't thank it enough tbh :p

Still can't see the milk thing working tho with crisps *runs to fridge and press to try it out*

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

ive never tried anything other than cheese and onion but a friend of mine used to eat meanies sandwiches. i didnt like the idea of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I used to only eat cheese and onion, nothing special.. however one of the lads told me in the pub one night that brown sauce (chef, just a little) and salt and vinegar was nice. Tried it, it was.

That was after a few pints though and I haven't tried it since!

Any takers? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

The idea of a crisp sandwich seems disgusting to me. I guess whatever you're conditioned to (up ringing) is normal to you. This certainly isn't to me.

Boskowski wrote: »
    The idea of a crisp sandwich seems disgusting to me. I guess whatever you're conditioned to (up ringing) is normal to you. This certainly isn't to me.

Never had a crisp sandwich til I moved out of home! Had my first curry chip sandwich when I was about 25 - for years I thought the idea it would be vile. Boy was I wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

buffalo Hunky Dorys with some ham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Any crisp, loads of butter, a touch of mayo, but always keep a few extra on the plate to load up the crusts etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Never had a crisp sandwich til I moved out of home! Had my first curry chip sandwich when I was about 25 - for years I thought the idea it would be vile. Boy was I wrong!

Yeah, curry chip sandwiches are great. I confess to putting rice in too as well as chicken - basically a 4-in-1 in a sandwich!

Glad I found this thread having only heard some thick-accented Dubliner say "You can't beat a f***ing crisp sandwich" on the Liffey Bridge the other day.

For my crisp sandwich, Tayto 'Snax', along with chicken slices or similar like soft-boiled chicken pieces. King crisps are great too by themselves in a sandwich. (Flora over other kinds of spread for me). I've tried skips, rancheros and chickatees too, they're all pretty good in their own way.

Chip butty mmmmmm *salivates all over keyboard*

Now THAT's a proper sandwich! ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Only had my first one recent enough, they are great.

It has to be REALLY strong salt and vinegar for me. O donnells are good

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    buffalo Hunky Dorys with some ham

That sounds interesting, love buffalo HD's but they are the kind of crisps you can only eat late at night when you know you won't have to talk to anyone face to face once you've consumed them :p

Either that or scrub your teeth once you are done

It has to be REALLY strong salt and vinegar for me. O donnells are good

I know you're a man and all but have you seen the amount of calories on those O Donnell's crisps. Bloody 'ell. :D

I recently had King Leo Burdocks Salt and Vinegar. Delish. (also calorific)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 KiethM89

Soda bread, with a mix of cheese and onion, salt vinegar and smokey bacon crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sjoyce87

Popcorn on brennans fresh bread , a load of butter , delicious !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

KiethM89 wrote: »
    Soda bread, with a mix of cheese and onion, salt vinegar and smokey bacon crisps.

Are you related to KeithM89?

Are you related to KiethM89?

I am KiethM89

sjoyce87 wrote: »
    Popcorn on brennans fresh bread , no butter , and a lump of rashers. delicious !!

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Hmmmmmm. . . . . . interesting username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I am KiethM89

Oops, meant KeithM89! Damn i before e:rolleyes:

Actually had it right.

• Advertisement

Oops, meant KeithM89! Damn i before e:rolleyes:

I before E except after C .. and when pronounced like ay .. like in Neighbour and Weigh ....

But what about "Jim Naybor is Way cool" ..

Well how often is that gonna come up??

It says it right here on my apron

Advertisement