Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

GismoBaby wrote: »
    For weeks ive been noticing that my ulsterbank account has been acting kinda odd and noone would believe me! they thought it was just me spending too much money!

Firstly, all my SO and DD's are due out of my account around the beginning of the month. So say over the last 2 months that they were due out on a monday or tuesday. well they have been taken from my account as early as the thursday previous to the monday they are due but are being dated for the monday and are reducing my balance so meaning i have no access to that money even though it shouldnt be gone!...

You know, now that you mention it, I noticed the same very same thing on my account. I was a bit taken aback at how early my Visa card's DD went out this month and I went to check what had happened in May. It came out a bit earlier than I'd expected in May but definitely for this month it was maybe 3 or 4 days early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

The online banking and android app seem to back working now.

Got this message when I logged in.
    Customer Information

Message updated Saturday 23 June 2012, 09:00

We have identified the technical issue that has resulted in account balances not being up to date. We are now working to clear the backlog of payments and to restore services fully on Anytime Banking. Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Still no wages lodged to my account, and no direct debits gone out to pay bills. I was due to be paid on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

After being able to log into online banking the last few days with no problems, I couldn't log in this morning; which led me to think that perhaps my account would be sorted when I managed to log in again.
    I just got logged in and it is still in the same minus figures. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

I can now login to Onlinebanking, saldo and transactions are correct, except my salary hasnt come in yet (due on friday) and my standing order (due on thursday) hasnt been paid yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Quite disappointed in UB,Was kinda giving them the benefit of the doubt saying "ahh sure they are trying to fix it" and "fair play they are open Sat and Sun to help customers".....But i was at two different branches this morning before i realised it was a skeleton service they have put on...Bad form from UB...No respect for customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Quite disappointed in UB,Was kinda giving them the benefit of the doubt saying "ahh sure they are trying to fix it" and "fair play they are open Sat and Sun to help customers".....But i was at two different branches this morning before i realised it was a skeleton service they have put on...Bad form from UB...No respect for customers

Last minute effort so this does not surprise me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 m.kot

After being able to log into online banking the last few days with no problems, I couldn't log in this morning; which led me to think that perhaps my account would be sorted when I managed to log in again.
    I just got logged in and it is still in the same minus figures. :mad:
    Have the same situation. Was at the branch have been told that can't get any money,as they are not able to check my correct balance :-/

Credit card still useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It must be a phenomenal mess up if it's taking this long to resolve. This is far beyond a "glitch" at this stage.
    Systems being off line for a few minutes or hours is a glitch. This is a completely unprecedented systems failure!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Solair wrote: »
    It must be a phenomenal mess up if it's taking this long to resolve. This is far beyond a "glitch" at this stage.
    Systems being off line for a few minutes or hours is a glitch. This is a completely unprecedented systems failure!

Caused by a patch! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Makes you wonder about the whole concept of a cashless society.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Solair wrote: »

Caused by a patch! ;)
    That is bolli* !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

This has really messed up my holiday :(

Left for Spain on Monday and took a bit of cash with the intention of topping up as we needed to with the bank cards and we can´t take anything out of my account which has all our spending money :( we´re leaving on Monday as well when it´s "fixed" so we´ve had a very frugal holiday which is saying something with two kids under 2.

Will def be looking for a proper explanation to this.....as well as checking if there is anything in my travel insurance :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

In fairness it was bound to be a skeleton staff, not all staff were going to be available to come in to work at the drop of a hat, many may have had plans made or childcare issues or any one of many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

phormium wrote: »
    In fairness it was bound to be a skeleton staff, not all staff were going to be available to come in to work at the drop of a hat, many may have had plans made or childcare issues or any one of many reasons.

I'm sure their staff will be well compensated for coming in.

Their customers haven't been so fortunate

Its an absolute disaster for the customers, and for no representatives from the banks to come out and communicate on tv or radio is a disgrace

Worse there will probably be no consequences or real penalties imposed on the bank

The media seem to be taking the matter rather lightly

Will Ulster bank actually make money from this? All that capital remaining in their accounts for the last few days cant harm them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

This will hurt them immensely. They will have to waive their own and pay other banks late fees, they may lose customers and the regulators will haul them over the coals. This stemmed from the UK, not Ireland.

I still cannot access my commercial account and have notified my main supplier their payment may be stuck in cyberspace. My company bank account is inaccessible online AND at the counter.

I am to smart to give crap to the staff. It ain't their fault, heads will roll, but hopefully it will be at the top.

RTE now reports ulster had arranged for other banks to provide free seven day overdrafts for people caught out by their failings. I said all along, they have to sort you out and you cannot be held responsible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

waster81 wrote: »

I'm sure their staff will be well compensated for coming in.

Their customers haven't been so fortunate

Its an absolute disaster for the customers, and for no representatives from the banks to come out and communicate on tv or radio is a disgrace

Worse there will probably be no consequences or real penalties imposed on the bank

The media seem to be taking the matter rather lightly

Will Ulster bank actually make money from this? All that capital remaining in their accounts for the last few days cant harm them.
    Staff will get a day in lieu so no the staff won't be well compensated

This will hurt them immensely. They will have to waive their own and pay other banks late fees, they may lose customers and the regulators will haul them over the coals. This stemmed from the UK, not Ireland.

I still cannot access my commercial account and have notified my main supplier their payment may be stuck in cyberspace. My company bank account is inaccessible online AND at the counter.

I am to smart to give crap to the staff. It ain't their fault, heads will roll, but hopefully it will be at the top.

RTE now reports ulster had arranged for other banks to provide free seven day overdrafts for people caught out by their failings. I said all along, they have to sort you out and you cannot be held responsible.

No evidence that the regulators will take any real actions - most likely a slap

These late fees were caused by themselves

Will they make money on the extra capital that remains in their accounts?

Pa Dee wrote: »
    Staff will get a day in lieu so no the staff won't be well compensated

Fair play to those staff that did give up their day to come in - if all they are getting is a day in lieu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

No evidence that the regulators will take any real actions - most likely a slap

These late fees were caused by themselves

Will they make money on the extra capital that remains in their accounts?

Time will tell, but I think the ramifications of this will be widespread and heads will roll.

• Advertisement

Time will tell, but I think the ramifications of this will be widespread and heads will roll.

Maybe but I don't share your confidence

As already said, day in lieu is the norm, and a lot of these staff work saturdays anyway, it's always the staff in the frontline who get the grief for these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Tweets going up that it could now go beyond Monday!

"RT @sandra_hurley: Ulster Bank now unable to say when accounts will be fully operational but Monday deadline "unlikely". Small no. ATMs + online also hit."

It's actually quite frightening at this stage how much we rely on these systems, imagine if all banks were involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I dont have a payslip. We have to request them when we want one. Some save the tree crap.

its against the law not to provide employees with a playslip.

As already said, day in lieu is the norm, and a lot of these staff work saturdays anyway, it's always the staff in the frontline who get the grief for these things.

Oh how many of the branches open today are normally opened anyway as part of normal business?

It kind of takes the gloss of the banks gesture to open banks on saturdays if they already open normally on saturdays

Most are open on Saturday but not until 3, think they close at 1 or 1.30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Oh how many of the branches open today are normally opened anyway as part of normal business?
    Open Saturday
    We’ve opened selected branches on Saturdays from 10am until 1pm

Athlone
    Ballina
    Blanchardstown
    Bray
    Carlow
    Castlebar
    Cavan
    Clonmel
    Cork, Winthrop Street
    Dooradoyle
    Drogheda
    Dublin, Grafton Street
    Dublin, O’Connell Street
    Dundalk
    Dundrum
    Dun Laoghaire
    Ennis
    Galway
    Kilkenny
    Killarney
    Letterkenny
    Liffey Valley
    Mallow
    Midleton
    Monaghan
    Mullingar
    Naas
    Navan
    Sligo, Stephen Street
    Swords Pavilion
    Tralee
    Tullamore
    Waterford
    Wexford

Special Open for this weekend.
    Here are the Republic of Ireland branches that are open on Saturday 23 June, 10.00 to 3.00pm:

Athlone
    Ballina
    Blanchardstown
    Bray
    Carlow
    Castlebar
    Cavan
    Clonmel
    Cork, Winthrop Street
    Dooradoyle
    Drogheda
    Dublin, Grafton Street
    Dublin, O’Connell Street
    Dundalk
    Dundrum
    Dun Laoghaire
    Ennis
    Galway
    Kilkenny
    Killarney
    Letterkenny
    Liffey Valley
    Mallow
    Midleton
    Monaghan
    Mullingar
    Naas
    Navan
    Sligo, Stephen Street
    Swords Pavilion
    Tralee
    Tullamore
    Waterford
    Wexford

so they extended the opening hours of the branches by 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0623/ulster-bank-extends-hours-due-to-payment-issues.html
    The bank has said it cannot say when the issue will be fully resolved.
    The bank had promised that accounts would be fully operational on Monday but it now says that deadline is unlikely to be reached as the backlog is taking longer than anticipated to clear.
    In a statement this evening, the bank also said a small number of ATMs and online services have also been interrupted.....

In a statement to RTÉ News the Central Bank has said it was working closely with Ulster Bank. The Central Bank has said that they want to ensure the current situation is addressed quickly.
    It also says that it wants to ensure that the bank’s customers and those of other banks, are treated appropriately.
    The statement says that the Central Bank has regular contact with the Ulster Bank incident team to keep appraised of the situation at the bank.
    Ulster Bank has published notices in national newspapers giving details of branches that were open today and tomorrow to deal with customer queries and urgent transactions.
    The bank is also posting updates on its website on the progress being made in correcting the fault and giving details of branches and their opening hours this weekend.

So now it's unlikely to be Monday :mad:

It has taken the Central Bank long enough to come out of the woodwork, it's too little to late for those who are having to endure this catastrophe. They should have issued a statement yesterday morning at the latest.

I lol'd at the notion the bank are posting updates on the website, as of 17.30, the latest update was 9.00 this morning. Not good enough UB.

The fact that this has happened wouldn't necessarily push me to close my accounts with UB, but the way they have handled this is definite encouragement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is only the start of their problems. It's hard to see how they're not going to lose customers (both businesses and consumers) next week. They'll have to come up with a serious incentive to stop people leaving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement