Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down *READ* Mod post #291

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 m.kot

My balance is still overdrawn but I can see credit card balance-still not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

My wages have still not gone through since Thursday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

ellieh1 wrote: »

Same here... wasn't expecting it to be sorted now anyway, pretty surprised to see that some people are seeing things sort themselves at this point.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

J-blk wrote: »
    Same here... wasn't expecting it to be sorted now anyway, pretty surprised to see that some people are seeing things sort themselves at this point.

It's probably based on age of transaction.
    If they are working through the weekend, then don't be surprised to see your account update rightly through the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Ivicia

I'm a HSE worker who should have been paid on Thursday. HSE told us today that non UB account holders would have their money on Saturday, I'm ptsb.

It's now showing in my account but with Monday 25/06 as the date of credit.

I'm happy it's there and can wait until Monday to withdraw cash.

When ppars was introduced in 2004, there was a mistake made with the first transfer and we had to wait until Monday for our money. There was much more panic/outrage. With this one, people were 'once it's in the account on Monday I'll be fine'.

I spoke to the payroll manager today and he said phones were busy but people were generally okay, only a few needed cash now. For those, there was an option to go to banks with a payslip and ID and get €500.

In 2004 it was the week before Christmas, but I do think more people have a little kept over in an easy to access savings account which in 2004 wasn't the case. I did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You can withdraw it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

ellieh1 wrote: »

Me too.

Can't complain too much though.

One of my mates was expecting his wages + his two weeks holiday pay on Thursday, he is in holidays in Portugal since Wednesday.

He is not happy:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

getting really fed up now... still cant access my account , how the hell are you supposed to run a business with this crap... cant even see my account on line since tuesday:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Ivicia wrote: »
    I'm a HSE worker who should have been paid on Thursday. HSE told us today that non UB account holders would have their money on Saturday, I'm ptsb.

It's now showing in my account but with Monday 25/06 as the date of credit.

I'm HSE as well, bank with NIB and nothing showing in my account :( I've got enough to get me through though.

I am a UB customer (of only 6 weeks, having left AIB) and am awaiting both a Family Income Supplement social welfare payment which was due on Thursday, and my salary, which was due on Friday.

I checked account online at just past midnight last night and neither appeared in my account - online banking went off around 2am and is still not available to check my account this morning - phone line is going straight to customer service advisor, (and god knows how long of a queue) - no automated balances.

I will be going straight back to AIB after this fiasco. The fees might be worth it after all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I have plenty of money i just cant get it with broken atm :rolleyes: anyone with savings account transferring to current couldnt either
    Will try atm shortly and see

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Atms are back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

They sent the work to India, and allowed a key product to go out of support by not renewing the licence on time. It's like if computers are cars, and you take away the road network without warning. The main problem as I see it is that the ruthless management got rid of their experienced, efficient Irish staff. made all these staff redundant, and sent the work to a cheaper economy, who don't have the experience or motivation, or product knowledge, to fix the f@cl ups. Well the management who made this decision are to blame

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Hi all, quick questain. My wages were due in my ptsb account yesterday. I get paid the same amount every week. My boss uses Ulster Bank. My account is showing 40 overdrawn for some reason. I have no direct debits on my account. Will an atm give me out cash today?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Ulster bank online is still down so I cant check my balance at all :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

And yet we hear nothing from these people who were made redundant. You'd think they'd be all over joe Duffy and co

That's a good point. I know several of them. Beats me why they don't do that

Hi all, quick questain. My wages were due in my ptsb account yesterday. I get paid the same amount every week. My boss uses Ulster Bank. My account is showing 40 overdrawn for some reason. I have no direct debits on my account. Will an atm give me out cash today?

it might do, give it a go
    failing that, get out the ol payslip and id and hop into a branch and they'll give ya an advance

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

"We have identified the technical issue which has led to customers experiencing delays in payments and out of date account balances. We are working to clear the current backlog of payments and hope to be fully operational by Monday 25th June.

Current update online, update @ 9am today.

Note the use of "hope

ATM giving me nothing.:mad:

• Advertisement

I dont have a payslip. We have to request them when we want one. Some save the tree crap.

Just rang ulsterbank. Got through in under 2 mins :eek:. You can only get money off them if your an ulsterbank customer. PTSB are closed today so up sh**e creek.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ring ptsb and ask for a free 7 day overdraft.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Ring ptsb and ask for a free 7 day overdraft.

Thanks, will do now :D

TSB cant do anything. No overdraft nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

I'm wit ptsb and I got paid today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

So transactions are going through on a Saturday.......
    If I could get on to Ulster Bank Anytime I might see if I got paid.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

For weeks ive been noticing that my ulsterbank account has been acting kinda odd and noone would believe me! they thought it was just me spending too much money!

Firstly, all my SO and DD's are due out of my account around the beginning of the month. So say over the last 2 months that they were due out on a monday or tuesday. well they have been taken from my account as early as the thursday previous to the monday they are due but are being dated for the monday and are reducing my balance so meaning i have no access to that money even though it shouldnt be gone!

Another time I went shopping, paid by laser, checked my account it hadnt been taken out, went to a cash machine and was able to withdraw the full amount i had before paying for the shopping! This made me very happy as I was kinda broke but god it should not have been able to happen at all!! thought those days were gone! obviously i was then charged for being over drawn :rolleyes:

Other times i would notice my account was overdrawn and 4.44 charged since i dont have an overdraft and then it would randomly sort itself out, charge would be gone and account would be back in funds. There were a couple of other incidents that i cant think of now!

I was seriously starting to doubt myself! But thinking back these weird little things have been happening at least 2 to 3 months.

Ive been with UB 16 years and although they do at times bug the crap outta me they are fairly allright. I felt sorry for the tellers yesterday when i went in to get money. they have to use those carbon copy withdrawl slips that must have had about 10 years of dust on them, and everything is taking so long to do as they are as left in the dark as the customers are. Hope things get sorted soon, its a bad old state of affairs.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Just rang ulsterbank. Got through in under 2 mins :eek:. You can only get money off them if your an ulsterbank customer. PTSB are closed today so up sh**e creek.

People can only use Ulster Bank branches if they are UB customers. They would have no facility to give out cash to customers of other banks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wages were due Early Friday morning... Just gone in now.
    Phew!
    (I'm with AIB, work use UB)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement