Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palette deliveries

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Excellent, will take a photo when I get home :)

From memory, mine looks identical to that diagram one anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Excellent, will take a photo when I get home :)

From memory, mine looks identical to that diagram one anyway.

If for whatever reason you decided to get some yen coins off Stv but don't want to pay for the 50 piece set then give me a shout and I'll take some of them and lighten the cost. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

You know it's not that hard to adjust the coin mech to accept other coins , right ?

I did my Cute for Y100 to € 0,20 and the adjustment took 5 minutes .

Just two screws , first one adjust clockwise until the coin falls trough :

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/maxio098ui/coinmech001.jpg

Second one turn loose and adjust the vertical plate in the direction of the Blue arrow until the coin comes out the right side below and tighten again , done !

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/maxio098ui/coinmech003.jpg

I had to use a dremel to to slightly widen the coin entry gap .

Master of the Universe

Now that's just too straightforward not to do. Thanks for that! Will have a look at my mech and see if it's possible with it.

Oh wait , and then you need these :D

DSCF3187.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I somehow get the impression you like Capcom? :pac:

Nah , just an overstock on stickers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I've no idea what mech is in my New Astro City. If it's not ¥ then I'm buying a ¥ mechanism for sure. Playing with a roll of ¥100 coins or SEGA/Taito tokens just adds to the authentic experience I think. :D

my-mr-man-book.jpg?w=450&h=382

I adjusted my ¥100 mechanism, now it even accepts ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
    Its awesome !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Right can anyone link me a nice coin tray for purchase? :D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Well, managed to banjax the coin mech! Had it accepting 20c coins fine - then it stopped for some reason and started rejecting them all again.

Tried to fix it but a little plastic piece attached to a screw snapped.

Then another little triangular piece of plastic fell out from the bottom and I've no idea where it goes. :pac:

Probably easier just to buy one already set for 20c at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Well, managed to banjax the coin mech! Had it accepting 20c coins fine - then it stopped for some reason and started rejecting them all again.

Tried to fix it but a little plastic piece attached to a screw snapped.

Then another little triangular piece of plastic fell out from the bottom and I've no idea where it goes. :pac:

Probably easier just to buy one already set for 20c at this point!

Pity that :(

That's the reason I just bought a 20 cent one, didn't want to balls up the original 100 yen mech. Not that pricey for them either really.
    Remember, if you do go for the 1 euro mech you'll probably have to widen the coin entry slot a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭ondafly

bit late to the thread here - but huge congrats to you O1s1n. Welcome back to the candy club at long last. The cabinet looks fantastic also, Ronnie didn't let you down one little bit.

Could the coinmech be converted into just a chute for coins ?

Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    Pity that :(

That's the reason I just bought a 20 cent one, didn't want to balls up the original 100 yen mech. Not that pricey for them either really.
    Remember, if you do go for the 1 euro mech you'll probably have to widen the coin entry slot a bit.

It should be a very easy adjustment - the photos Casey120 provided were a great help. I got the coin dropping in perfectly as per the first photo, just the second part was giving me grief.

No matter what point I adjusted the slider at the bottom to, the 20c either fell out the wrong side or else gets jammed. I have a feeling that little plastic bit that fell out has some say in the direction the coin falls. Where it sits in the bottom part though I just can't figure out!

I was trying to think of the best way to widen the coin slot by a couple of mm. A really thin file maybe? Dremel sounds a bit too aggressive - I really don't want any modifications like that to be noticeable.
    ondafly wrote: »
    bit late to the thread here - but huge congrats to you O1s1n. Welcome back to the candy club at long last. The cabinet looks fantastic also, Ronnie didn't let you down one little bit.

Could the coinmech be converted into just a chute for coins ?

Thanks man! :)

That's not a bad idea actually. All I want the coin mech to do is to let a coin drop and trigger that little lever which registers a credit. I couldn't really care less what denomination of coin does it. (in fact if it accepted every single coin possible in my pocket at any time that'd be better for me)

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you man :mad:

I need to find one for my Aero sometime as there is none now and I like the idea of everything working as it should .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Shame about the mech dude. I was also planning on modding mine using a guide on AO, but decided against it in the end and bought some Yen coins rather than a new mech. Swings and roundabouts really. As long as it works who cares whether it's Yen or Euros you're popping in.

Master of the Universe

Hopefully it should be salvageable. The 20c coins are dropping through, just going into the wrong chute. Just thinking, I may be able to stick a match in at an angle and that would redirect the coins back into the correct chute.

After three hours of tinkering with it last night, I ended up with a pretty decent understanding of how the mechanics of it work, so at least that's something anyway! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hopefully it should be salvageable. The 20c coins are dropping through, just going into the wrong chute. Just thinking, I may be able to stick a match in at an angle and that would redirect the coins back into the correct chute.

After three hours of tinkering with it last night, I ended up with a pretty decent understanding of how the mechanics of it work, so at least that's something anyway! :D

Nothing like a learning session when it comes to fukcing up something important :D

Master of the Universe

Forced learning - the worst kind! :D

Managed to come across some decent scans of the original AVP cab artwork. Going to print it off when I get home and see if I can fit the three of them in the marquee. (posting them here so I remember when I get home!)

avpflyerjap.jpg

avpcabjap.jpg

avpcabjap2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Casey120 wrote: »

I adjusted my ¥100 mechanism, now it even accepts ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
    Its awesome !

HAX!

Whenever i highliht those zig zag lines they dissapear in chrome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Managed to come across some decent scans of the original AVP cab artwork. Going to print it off when I get home and see if I can fit the three of them in the marquee. (posting them here so I remember when I get home!)

avpflyerjap.jpg

avpcabjap.jpg

avpcabjap2.jpg

This one might be usable as well with a little contrast adjustment on it.

Click for the full size ver.
    avpred.jpg

Bit of quick contrast adj in PS(Looks a bit dark/saturated on screen but prints better):
    avpredmod.jpg

Nice picca's

First one is the Arcade Flyer , the other two together should make the Japanese marquee .
    All you need now is the move strip !

Edit , here art sets for most CPS-2 , click right under the name :

http://cps2shock.emu-france.info/gamelist.html

Master of the Universe

Thanks lads! I think I'll send them off to that place I got glossy prints of videogame artwork done before. Was super cheap and the quality was brilliant.

Master of the Universe

Managed to fix the coin mech! Hurrah! It's now accepting 20c coins perfectly. :)

I opened up the bottom section where the two chutes go, placed a match diagonally going towards the credit chute, placed another match through a hole behind it to keep it in place, sandwiched it all closed and it works! Every time.

cbs_macgyver_020_clip1_640x4801.jpg

Master of the Universe

So I've been messing about with that MGCD for the ps1/ps2, trying to get it to work.

Picture fine (a bit too bright, but could adjust that out)

Sound fine

Controls - none!

Found something out - for some stupid reason, a lot of MGCD boards aren't 100% JAMMA compatible. Whoever made it, mapped the ground pins on the JAMMA harness to two buttons. As a result? No controls.

Been trying to find a solution. Everyone seems to think you need to disconnect the two end ground wires on the JAMMA harness. Sorry but I'm not hacking my harness just for one damn adapter!

Turns out there's another solution - (and one which I thought everyone would have been doing :confused:)

Get a JAMMA fingerboard and lift the two pins at the end

http://arcadefever.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/hacking-mgcd-part-1.html

Will give this a go, fingers crossed it works. Was really looking forward to some playstation shmup goodness in 15k.

Edit - ah balls, seems all fingerboards come as is. Cant seem to find one with a JAMMA connector presoldered. If anyone knows where to get one, give me a shout! :)

Edit - how about buying one of these JAMMA extension harnesses and just lifting the end pins?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCADE-MACHINE-JAMMA-EXTENSION-WIRING-HARNESS-LOOM-56PIN-/261034319631?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item3cc6db9f0f

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Just buy the fingerboard & edge connector and solder them, the connections are nice and big, even if you've never soldered before it should be a nice way to learn and spare jamma fingerboards and edge connectors always come in handy

Master of the Universe

One needle file, 2mm of steel filing and it now runs off 20c coins. Huzzah! Time to make some monies!!!

First the pantry and now this

scrooge.jpg

can I be launchpad?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You seem like more of a Flintheart Glomgold to me :P

Advertisement