Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap ass 3ds games!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Can I paste my reply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I got a response from Gamestop today after I emailed them telling them we had a contract and that I would be expecting them to fill the order posthaste.

the response was as I expected that as per the Ts&Cs they reserve the right to cancel any order for stock reasons which is fair enough legally speaking and that also as per the Ts&Cs no contract is formed until dispatch of the order which is a total nonsense.

Not much point going anywhere after that, I would have been very surprised if they hadn't protected themselves legally like that, it was decent of the customer support to get back to me personally as they did but I can't imagine I will be placing any further orders with them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I was talking back and forth with them over a few emails about it. the usual saying it was bad form, not the first time it has happened and that ill never buy off them again. they offered me a "freebie" that i refused.. ill never buy another thing off gamestop to be honest.

I am very sorry about this, I can appreciate your frustration as I would be the same myself. Unfortunately this was a systems error, this bundle should not shown as available. This will be refunded back onto your original payment method. If there is anything I can do to help further resolve this, please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I am very sorry about this, I can appreciate your frustration as I would be the same myself. Unfortunately this was a systems error, this bundle should not shown as available. This will be refunded back onto your original payment method. If there is anything I can do to help further resolve this, please let me know.

So it wasn't a stock issue, they made a mistake listing the deal & chose to remove the offer & all existing orders, rather than simply running out of stock?

• Advertisement

In the first email it was a stick issue which quickly. Hanged to a system error when I questioned the idea of having no Mario Lart 7 in stock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm getting a freebie....
    I'd like it to be Mario Tennis for the 3ds!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Freebees?!? Excellent! Just sent a complaint email there myself.

- I just mentioned the freebie and got a response. She was asking who the game was for and what consoles they own. Happy enough with that I guess.

how are ye getting freebies?

Master of the Universe

I replied to their cancelation email saying that I was let down, moving my business on etc.

They replied back with a stock email, asking who the item was for (was it a gift or for me)

I told them it was a gift - they asked for who and what consoles do they have - then said they would send out a freebie for that person.

Fingers crossed for a 3DS game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

o1s1n wrote: »
    I replied to their cancelation email saying that I was let down, moving my business on etc.

They replied back with a stock email, asking who the item was for (was it a gift or for me)

I told them it was a gift - they asked for who and what consoles do they have - then said they would send out a freebie for that person.

Fingers crossed for a 3DS game!

tenner says its either My Ponyz or a used copy of elite beat agents:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I made the mistake of mentioning my 360.... that means a copy of Chromehounds for sure!

Master of the Universe

Free stuff arrived. Was told some of the details over the phone, havent seen it myself. Mario and Sonic at the olympics tee, some Mario stickers (possibly 3DS stickers I think), some Power Ranger stuff too.

Just going to give it to the girlfriend to use as prizes or something with her class. No use to me! (well maybe the Mario stickers :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Free stuff arrived. Was told some of the details over the phone, havent seen it myself. Mario and Sonic at the olympics tee, some Mario stickers (possibly 3DS stickers I think), some Power Ranger stuff too.

Just going to give it to the girlfriend to use as prizes or something with her class. No use to me! (well maybe the Mario stickers :pac:)
    So no games?:(

Master of the Universe

Nope! Just tat!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi,

Anyone had their payment for this offer refunded to their credit card yet? Cancellation E-Mail arrived Monday afternoon saying at a refund would be issued. It's Friday afternoon now and no sign of refund. No answer to my E-Mail either:mad:

DC

Master of the Universe

Paid by paypal myself and received a refund on the 20th.

I haven't got mine yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Paypal says my cards been refunded, but I can't check thanks to ulsterbank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

megaten wrote: »
    Paypal says my cards been refunded, but I can't check thanks to ulsterbank.

Ulster Bank iPhone app is working, not sure if they have an Android version or not.

• Advertisement

Just received my 'compensation pack':

Battlefield 3 Xbox360
    Assassins Creed Pen
    Mario 3D Land stickers
    Mario Stylus

Not too shabby

Master of the Universe

You got Battlefield 3 and I got some Power Rangers stickers??? :D

You got Battlefield 3 and I got some Power Rangers stickers??? :D

It's all down to your negotiation skills man :D

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just received my 'compensation pack':

Battlefield 3 Xbox360
    Assassins Creed Pen
    Mario 3D Land stickers
    Mario Stylus

Not too shabby

Thats pretty decent for nothing!

keithgeo wrote: »
    Thats pretty decent for nothing!

Yeah I thought so anyway, dare I say it...fair play to them? :o

haha carefull now..

I shall stand by my post box, not daring to hope too much.....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I shall stand by my post box, not daring to hope too much.....

Once they ask you "what consoles have you got" you know your onto a winner.

Got Battlefield 3 for the 360, already have it so that's a insta-trade in, also the 2012 Sonic/MArio Olympic tee, in medium, so I either lose a lot of weight or give it away, also the stickers and an odd toothy necklace thing from Resistance 3, a bit tatty tbh.
    At least I can get a few euro for BF3 on trade I guess....

Would have preferred a Mario figurine and Mario Tennis 3DS in all honesty, but at least they're saying sorry, and at least I got more stuff than O1s1n, which is comforting.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

When they asked about consoles I had a feeling I'd get a standard run of the mill FPS if I said 360. (I see that guess was correct!)

the package is still out in my parents, so maybe there's a 3DS game hiding in the bottom of the bag. I doubt it though!

Advertisement