Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Tusky wrote: »
    Want to get a tablet as a present. Was looking at the Kindle Fire bit it's slightly out of my price range. Can someone recommend a decent cheaper option? (preferably not from US as I don't want hassle with customs)

Have read through thread but there's so many discussed it's confusing me.

Haha yeah it started as a discussion for the OP tablet then moved onto any cheap tablet we can find from around 15 pages back :)

If you want to avoid customs I look at futeko as they ship from UK. Few options from there but depends on your price range and what your looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Futeko would be my prefered choice,based in Uk,12 months warranty,very good specs vs price .

Other that Futeko only Amazon.uk come close .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Cheers for the help. Anything decent for about €80ish on Futeko/Amazon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Tusky wrote: »
    Want to get a tablet as a present. Was looking at the Kindle Fire bit it's slightly out of my price range. Can someone recommend a decent cheaper option? (preferably not from US as I don't want hassle with customs)

Have read through thread but there's so many discussed it's confusing me.

I have this on order from amazon, double the ram and memory than the original one i was about to order.......costing about €120 delivered.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007X3TRVA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

will post a review when I get it, but other net reviews look good....and it gets tested prior to dispatch, hopefully it'll be a good un'

5 quid over your budget

http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB029.php

You can use parcel motel for the free delivery.

• Advertisement

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I have this on order from amazon, double the ram and memory than the original one i was about to order.......costing about €120 delivered.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007X3TRVA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

will post a review when I get it, but other net reviews look good....and it gets tested prior to dispatch, hopefully it'll be a good un'

Perhaps you will find this one better

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ployer-Momo7-IPS-Tablet-Pre-Installed/dp/B009AYP60G/ref=pd_cp_computers_3

Again,you could use the parcel motel for the free delivery

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Jarren wrote: »
    Perhaps you will find this one better

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ployer-Momo7-IPS-Tablet-Pre-Installed/dp/B009AYP60G/ref=pd_cp_computers_3

Again,you could use the parcel motel for the free delivery

ohhh man.....

man_head_spinning_lg_nwm.gif?1323951519

off goes me head spinning again! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

MidlandsM wrote: »
    ohhh man.....

man_head_spinning_lg_nwm.gif?1323951519

off goes me head spinning again! :pac:

My head is like that too.

Put off getting the Nova 7 Mars but actually think this is better deal than the Crystal and may pay the extra.

Do Amazon not offer free delivery to anything over a certain amount to Ireland?

Only chosen Amazon retailers I'm afraid

Tick FREE Super Saver Delivery box to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Jarren wrote: »
    5 quid over your budget

http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB029.php

You can use parcel motel for the free delivery.

think Im going to go with this for our 5 year old... any downsides? says it can run xbmc, anyone tested this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Probably perfect for kids (Shame), but has to be mentioned..

Creative Ziio is down in price..

The 10" models were snapped up in minutes at €119

There are still 7" models left. 8GB (They do take SD) version €69.99. They may drop more, the resolution is 480 x 800 which isn't the best, but is great for kids. The sound (I know kinda obvious, it's creative, but it is still amazing) on these, is amazing. Unreal. My friend bought one, and plonks it down when we're in the house with his music streaming from it. He says movies are amazing to watch on it, with the sound effects.
    They did sell reasonably well, and are a well built, lovely tablet, just unfortunately for them, they were caught up like others, in high prices in production, and low cost competition on the market. Not sure how much damage tablets did to Creative, but they did do damage.

LINK TO 7" FOR €69.99
    LINK TO 10" FOR €119 (Cureently out of Stock, but more coming soon)

There are a few people working on roms for this, i haven't heard anything in a while, so i don't know how far they got.
    Also here is ROM manager for Ziio - Must Have

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Ordered the Ainol Novo 7 Mars last Friday, it arrived this afternoon, talk about quick delivery! Everything seems good so far so happy out :) Paid 100.50 eur in total on Paypal. Forgot about that free delivery parcel motel thing :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Just in case anyone is wondering I got 12518 on the antutu benchmark with my cube mini

• Registered Users Posts: 16,487 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just in case anyone is wondering I got 12518 on the antutu benchmark with my cube mini

When FedEX finally pull their finger out and get round to delivering mine I hope to get a similar score ;)
    What ROM are you using for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

camz09 wrote: »
    Ordered the Ainol Novo 7 Mars last Friday, it arrived this afternoon, talk about quick delivery! Everything seems good so far so happy out :) Paid 100.50 eur in total on Paypal. Forgot about that free delivery parcel motel thing :/

Where did you order?

banie01 wrote: »

When FedEX finally pull their finger out and get round to delivering mine I hope to get a similar score ;)
    What ROM are you using for it?

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?2116-NEW-900-Supersport-1-1-Jelly-Bean-rooted-ROM-for-Cube-U30GT-Mini

When/who did you order from

Thanks for that!
    Ordered on the 11/11 shipped on the 12th and My Tabs have been in Shannon since the 16th November.
    FedEX are a bunch of twats to deal with!
    Worst customer service and ineptness I've ever encountered.
    I've had to follow up myself with customs, forwarded the SAD clearence authorisation number to FedEX, yet as far FedEX are concerned its still with customs in Dublin....When the package is actually in shannon :confused:
    This is despite the scan history showing it as being on a van for delivery since the 16th.
    Hopefully I'll have them tomorrow....
    Or it shall be another day on the phone with FedEX :mad:

banie01 wrote: »

Thanks for that!
    Ordered on the 11/11 shipped on the 12th and My Tabs have been in Shannon since the 16th November.
    FedEX are a bunch of twats to deal with!
    Worst customer service and ineptness I've ever encountered.
    I've had to follow up myself with customs, forwarded the SAD clearence authorisation number to FedEX, yet as far FedEX are concerned its still with customs in Dublin....When the package is actually in shannon :confused:
    This is despite the scan history showing it as being on a van for delivery since the 16th.
    Hopefully I'll have them tomorrow....
    Or it shall be another day on the phone with FedEX :mad:

It'll be worth the wait, if you have any problems flashing PM me. Also I wouldn't use the USB cable that came with the tablet when flashing as these can vary in quality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Nice score, my Ainol Novo Crystal gets around 5500.

I should have no issues with flashing (famous last words!)
    As I have plenty of CWM/Recovery and linux experience....
    That said, should it all go FUBAR, I'll be onto ya! haha

• Advertisement

Make sure you know with button is vol+ and which is vol- , for some reason mine are the reverse of what you'd expect them to be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

mcgovern wrote: »
    Nice score, my Ainol Novo Crystal gets around 5500.

Just be aware that there is a new version of Antutu (version 3.01) in the play store and the scores in the new version can be considerably higher than in the older versions so you need to be sure you are comparing like with like.

Just checked my son's Cube U20GT which is still on the stock ICS 1.03 firmware and it scores 11401 (v3.01)

Cube have finally released a Jellybean update for the U20GT so as soon as a cooked Rom appears in the next few days I will flash it.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Guys a cheap sturdy tablet for an 8 year old?

There is no such thing as sturdy tablet ,maybe military specs but they usually cost a few thousand Dollars.

Email/contact them if this would fit your 7 inch tablet

http://www.gumdropcases.com/kindle-fire.html

or

just a simple case/cover would do

http://www.focalcase.com/google-nexus-7-cases-google-nexus-7-leather-case-c-199_201.html

Again,contact them to find out if this is compatible with your purchase

However if you just want to get a case/cover without messing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-inch-Android-Tablet-PC-Leather-Look-Case-Flip-Cover-Free-Fast-Delivery-/170828162857?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet_Cases_Covers_Keyboard_Folios&hash=item27c626e729

As for the tablet for the 8 year old this would be my pick

http://www.ainol-novo.com/ainol-novo-7-venus-tablet-pc-7-inch-android-4-1-jelly-bean-dual-camera-bluetooth-gps.html

Mind you ,you could always order the same item from

http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB030.php

when it becomes available, perfect Christmas prezzie I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Allyall wrote: »
    My friend bought one, and plonks it down when we're in the house with his music streaming from it. He says movies are amazing to watch on it, with the sound effects.

Also here is ROM manager for Ziio - Must Have
    Has your friend rooted his ZiiO so as to install the Play Store ,is it a difficult process ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    Has your friend rooted his ZiiO so as to install the Play Store ,is it a difficult process ?

No he installed them From their store. He doesn't install many, only uses it as a music (ocassional media) player. Google initially didn't allow non phone devices to have google market. That changed with android 3.
    Many people found workarounds anyway
    You could probably use Pandaapp as well..

Ziio, is only really for audio. Or kids, as it's pretty robust. But as a tablet that you want to play with and use on a every day basis. Forget it. It's a good price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 aliise

I didn't use ParcelMotel, they shipped via ParcelForce global priority, I wouldn't start to worry just yet.

A ROM is just a custom firmware that you load instead of the stock factory firmware. Ingadget seem to have localized it for the UK market so it might be unneccesary.

I'd go for the Momo8 over the Crystal, the Crystal is okay for young kids but I've found the Wifi to be so-so i.e sometimes its really fast and other times its like dial up.

I'd imagine the Momo to be better, it has a faster CPU,GPU, higher res screen, better quality screen and 1 inch larger. All together its probably worth the extra cash.

Moo

got my tablet today. took it out switched on , set up a gmail account to start installing some apps. and it froze. that was about 3 hours ago and it is still frozen on the homepage. contacted ingadget by email, still no response and they were always pretty fast replying to any queries i had when about to buy :( ca anybody help me out? nothing is working on it, even holding down the power button isnt doing anything, completely frozen. This was a santa present

aliise wrote: »
    got my tablet today. took it out switched on , set up a gmail account to start installing some apps. and it froze. that was about 3 hours ago and it is still frozen on the homepage. contacted ingadget by email, still no response and they were always pretty fast replying to any queries i had when about to buy :( ca anybody help me out? nothing is working on it, even holding down the power button isnt doing anything, completely frozen. This was a santa present

What tablet did you get?

EDIT.
    Looking over your previous posts, i think you got the Momo8?

ry putting a pin or toothpick in the side. (Small pinhole) That is to reset the tablet.

aliise wrote: »

it looks like you got a lemon ,try ringing them and if there is no reply just fill out this form.

http://ingadget.co.uk/index.php?route=account/return/insert

I picked up something on their returns policy

Certain products need to be returned to our suppliers, for inspection and possible repair, before a credit can be issued.

I only hope that they are not thinking of sending your tablet back to China which in a reality would mean a few months wasted .

08454 636 632 - call them anyway to see what they say .

• Advertisement

It seems there are lots of the momo8's with that problem... :(

Google pulls up tons of results..

Here is a possible solution (For the momo9, but may help you)

http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/iview-760tpc-ployer-momo9/stock-ics-4-03-momo-just-stopped-booting-stuck-2074.html

Further reading seems to point the finger at the firmware. If this is the case, the problem isn't as bad as you may have thought.

You need to upgrade to the newest firmware. So, assuming you can't get it unfrozen, just let the battery die out.
    When it is fully dead, charge it up - DON'T TURN IT ON.

Download the firmware - http://www.ployer-tablet.com/download/

When fully charged, turn it on and update the firmware.

Advertisement