Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you find these billboards offensive?

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Zulu wrote: »
    Yeah, it was just about when you resorted to insults that you completly lost the argument. Good for you - better luck next time'

Do tell us more about democracy, won't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

GOCathail wrote: »
    I think it's time to close this thread. It's an inflammatory topic, and it's best just to accept that everyone has their own opinion when it comes to abortion, its availability, and the right of groups to but Anti-abortion propaganda on a poster.

I disagree, I think now moreso than ever people are taking a real interest in pushing for some sort of abortion legislation to be passed and so it's an incredibly topical discussion. Chances are we'll have to vote on it in the near future so it's best that people have an exposure to both sides of the argument to be fully informed of how important and complex this whole issue is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Piste wrote: »
    I disagree, I think now moreso than ever people are taking a real interest in pushing for some sort of abortion legislation to be passed and so it's an incredibly topical discussion. Chances are we'll have to vote on it in the near future so it's best that people have an exposure to both sides of the argument to be fully informed of how important and complex this whole issue is.

It's a discussion worth having because it has to do with good and evil. Any discussion on an ethical issue is worth having, and it is important that people have a constructive dialogue. That's irrespective of whether or not this discussion would lead people to adopt ones personal aims.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Everytime i see this, first word i read is TEARS as its red and reads as the noun Tears (crying). They should of left it black.
    Other than that it doesn't offend me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

philologos wrote: »
    It's a discussion worth having because it has to do with good and evil. Any discussion on an ethical issue is worth having, and it is important that people have a constructive dialogue. That's irrespective of whether or not this discussion would lead people to adopt ones personal aims.

I agree, whether people read this thread and change their personal opinion or not doesn't really matter, as long as they can have an appreciation of the situation as a whole and the various arguments surrounding it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

philologos wrote: »

Good and evil is a subjective concept. It belongs in morality tales and suchlike, it does not enhance any real discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lauren1993

I personally find them very offensive.
    Imagine how it is for a woman who has had, and does not regret her abortion to feel as if she should on a daily basis?
    It's disgusting...

Advertisement