Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watts and average speed from your last race

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

P given similar weight i would have been expecting to see a higher avg pace for that sort of power, was it hilly or flat?

Roth 2012 pukefest
    1) 160w NP, 137w ZAP (ZAP 70w off race pace)
    2) 29.9 (km/h)
    3) 178.46 (km)
    4) 66.7 (kg)
    5) P2, zipp 404 front/back with disc cover
    6) VI 1.17, elev gain 1156mtrs, no hrm. It was a life experience not worth repeating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Galway 70.3
    1) Forgot to push button!
    2) 32.23 (km/h)
    3) 90 (km)
    4) 86 (kg)
    5) Trek Equinox 7, standard Bontrager wheels.
    6) No excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

P given similar weight i would have been expecting to see a higher avg pace for that sort of power, was it hilly or flat?

Hillyish and windy. There were some fast sections but I was stuck on the 42 for a while on those. It would have been nice to have had the 54 for them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Hardman Killarney:

1) avg 187 np210 died after 40min
    2) 30.6 (km/h)
    3) 175 (km)
    4) 75 (kg)
    5) Ceepo, shamal on front, bontrager on rear

• Advertisement

Challenge Barcelona

1) 173w NP, 162w ZAP

2) 33.6 (km/h)

3) 179 (km) 5.19 bike split

4) 67.1 (kg)

5) P2, zipp 404 front/back with disc cover

6) Pw:HR:-1.79%, VI:1.07, no decoupling and possibly could/should have pushed harder on the bike but did not have that bit of ummphh required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

1) Average watts (AP, NP)
    2) Average speed (km/h)
    3) Distance (km)
    4) Rider weight (kg)
    5) Describe bike and wheels
    6) Misc notes, excuses
    7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

Miami 70.3 - first race with Power.

1) 240 AP, 244 NP
    2) 38.5 km/h
    3) 90.37 km - 2hrs:20mins:55 according to Garmin
    4) 66 kg
    5) SWorks Shiv, DI2, 808fr, 808re with disc cover, Quarq Spider
    6) First race using powermeter, good pacing. Head wind on way out. Started bike with around 2,000 in front, passed a lot on the way and got held up a bit on first half.
    VI - 1.02

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Fazz wrote: »
    1) Average watts (AP, NP)
    2) Average speed (km/h)
    3) Distance (km)
    4) Rider weight (kg)
    5) Describe bike and wheels
    6) Misc notes, excuses
    7) Optional: a picture (or link to a picture) of you in your aero position.

Miami 70.3 - first race with Power.

1) 240 AP, 244 NP
    2) 38.5 km/h
    3) 90.37 km - 2hrs:20mins:55 according to Garmin
    4) 66 kg
    5) SWorks Shiv, DI2, 808fr, 808re with disc cover, Quarq Spider
    6) First race using powermeter, good pacing. Head wind on way out. Started bike with around 2,000 in front, passed a lot on the way and got held up a bit on first half.
    VI - 1.02

Hi Ian,

Impressive numbers above. Is this your PM. I am going Quarq PM myself, how do you find it? Can you swap between bike easily? Does the 910xt drop the signal or have trouble pairing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Hi Ian,

Impressive numbers above. Is this your PM. I am going Quarq PM myself, how do you find it? Can you swap between bike easily? Does the 910xt drop the signal or have trouble pairing?

Hi Eld,

Yep that's my power meter.
    It also counts cadence so got rid of that god awful Garmin sensor arm on side of rear stay.
    I find it great but admittedly have only used it for 5 rides.
    Not sure if it can swap, it's marketed as made for the Specialized crank but perhaps the spider is interchangeable if fittings are the same. Not an issue for me as only want it on TT bike and not moving it as I do most of my biking on TT bike and all of my power sessions on it.
    No issues of signal or anything with 910xt. All seems to be working well so far so long may that continue.
    Worked perfectly for race also in multi sport mode and picked up all info straight away etc.
    the power balance is interesting also and has indicated a slight variation for me to tweak cleat or work on over winter. Very slight though at 2% and I wouldn't exactly be taking it as gospel.

You will like it alright and let the pain sessions begin!

More about the sessions you do than the numbers imo as I'm sure you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Fazz wrote: »
    Hi Eld,

Yep that's my power meter.
    It also counts cadence so got rid of that god awful Garmin sensor arm on side of rear stay.
    I find it great but admittedly have only used it for 5 rides.
    Not sure if it can swap, it's marketed as made for the Specialized crank but perhaps the spider is interchangeable if fittings are the same. Not an issue for me as only want it on TT bike and not moving it as I do most of my biking on TT bike and all of my power sessions on it.
    No issues of signal or anything with 910xt. All seems to be working well so far so long may that continue.
    Worked perfectly for race also in multi sport mode and picked up all info straight away etc.
    the power balance is interesting also and has indicated a slight variation for me to tweak cleat or work on over winter. Very slight though at 2% and I wouldn't exactly be taking it as gospel.

You will like it alright and let the pain sessions begin!

More about the sessions you do than the numbers imo as I'm sure you know.

Cheers dude. Ya, you said it re the pain sessions, I welcome them as I really want my bike splits to improve notably for next year. Regarding the l/r balance it isn't really true l/r balance as i am sure you are aware (explained clearly here under "A Look At PowerBalance") so as you say I wouldn't take the variation as gospel. Although not true l/r balance I still think it is worth having.

I'm delighted to hear that there were no issues with the 910, fingers crossed I experience the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Cheers dude. Ya, you said it re the pain sessions, I welcome them as I really want my bike splits to improve notably for next year. Regarding the l/r balance it isn't really true l/r balance as i am sure you are aware (explained clearly here under "A Look At PowerBalance") so as you say I wouldn't take the variation as gospel. Although not true l/r balance I still think it is worth having.

I'm delighted to hear that there were no issues with the 910, fingers crossed I experience the same :)

The issues with my third 910xt never pairing are not replicated with my fourth 910xt. However it does drop when worn on my left wrist IF I have a large light (Exposure Strada) between it and the PM. Alot of EM interference from the lights with integrated batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

Missed this thread originally.

I'm removing the last 'lap' from my Garmin Connect file here, as this takes into account dismount etc.

Athy Olympic
    1) Average watts = 272W
    2) Average speed = 37.8 km/h
    3) Distance = 40 km
    4) Weight = 84 (kg)
    5) Felt B series, 80mm front, disk rear
    6) Surprised over this power now that I look at it, thought it was much lower at the time. Was exchanging position with another cyclist for some of the time, legally, so got some draft.

Kilkee
    1) Average watts = 263W
    2) Average speed = 37.0 km/h
    3) 44 (km)
    4) 84 (kg)
    6) Hilly, windy, full course spent out on my own (apart from passing people)

Athlone Sprint
    1) Average watts = 287W
    2) Average speed = 38.3 km/h
    3) 20 (km)
    4) 84 (kg)
    6) Mainly out on my own (apart from passing people)

40km TT
    1) Average watts = 328W
    2) Average speed = 39.7 km/h
    3) 40 (km)
    4) 84 (kg)
    6) Paced this really badly, averaged 355W for the first 7k because I didn't believe my PT as it just felt too easy. Also felt very uncomfortable as my trisuit chamois was falling apart, so was shifting around a lot, actually unzipped the front on my trisuit to try and get my hand down and rearrange things, then couldn't zip the bloody thing back up again.

Basically I'm not very aero.

Advertisement