Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piseogs

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Growing up on Donegal we had a rowan tree in the backyard, which we were always warned never to touch or interfere with. We were only allowed to touch the berries that had already fallen to the ground and never to pluck them from the tree as it would anger the fairies. I've also heard that it is possible to take a branch from a rowan or hawthorn, but only if you leave a gift in return.

I also heard that you should never call anyone by their name if you're near a fairy tree or fort, as knowing a person's name gives the fairies power over that person.

My partner loves fairies and all those little fairy ornaments, but I can't abide them. Growing up in the city she obviously doesn't have the same associations with them as I do!

Advertisement