Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spanish HL...Before/After**

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

What do people think. If you've never done the Section C Q1b letter before and your terrible at the dialogue construction, would it be good to do it instead? I just looked at 2011 and it seems a lot easier. It has a broad area that you can write on, and it gives you guidelines. Depending if the Dialogue construction is bad tomorow, i want to do the letter. Is it wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭EDmon

Reventon93 wrote: »
    What do people think. If you've never done the Section C Q1b letter before and your terrible at the dialogue construction, would it be good to do it instead? I just looked at 2011 and it seems a lot easier. It has a broad area that you can write on, and it gives you guidelines. Depending if the Dialogue construction is bad tomorow, i want to do the letter. Is it wise?

I'm in the same boat, but I've been practicing the letter and its a fairly good choice in that you can prepare opening and closing. Decide tomorrow,whichever one you have the vocab. for do!
    Buenas suerte.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

EDmon wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, but I've been practicing the letter and its a fairly good choice in that you can prepare opening and closing. Decide tomorrow,whichever one you have the vocab. for do!
    Buenas suerte.

Thats exacty what i was thinking. DC is a total B**ch in general i think! The only thing i really have to do is figure out openings and closings and look over verb endings and hopefully it'll be grand :D
    Y tu.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JailB8 xoxo

general paper was grand enough but what the **** was that listening

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mani09

Comprehensions were tricky.... The dc and op were grand.... The listening wasn't too bad... But Jesus them Comprehensions :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Aced the Written I think. Listening was dreadful. Weather...blanks everywhere.

Bye bye A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

The listening was impossible. I thought the written was nice enough, the opinions weren't on any abstract things. The dialogue was tricky enough as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

The comprehensions were nice enough and vocabulary wasn't too testing, but the two small texts weren't as easy as previous years though.
    I did the opinion piece about emigration being an opportunity, it was straight-forward but I only had 15 mins to do it, so it was very rushed!! :(
    I was so shocked with the letter about royalty, I didn't know the spanish for the word so I was forced to do the dialogue, which I had agreed with my teacher I was NOT going to do! It was really easy though, and I added loads of extra things onto the sentences to look good!

The aural was soooo difficult, and the time between each of the sections was so fast, so I didn't have enough time to even read the questions properly!

Overall though it was a nice paper, and hopefully I did much better than in the mock!!

How did it go for everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

I thought that was quite a nice paper!
    The DC and note were fine, as was the opinion piece en mi juicio. :)
    Comprehensions were easier than other years too but the listening was bastante dificîl.
    Hopefully got A2/B1

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

Written paper was a peach :)

Listening wasn't so nice but I wouldn't worry about that, nearly everyone found it much harder than previous years so the bell curve is sure to sort us out B) that's what I'm hoping at least!

The weirdest thing happened today... Just before we went in to the exam my friend said she had a dream that the royal family came up, but she had a feeling we'd get emigration for the opinion :O

The examiner was a tad confused as to why we all laughed once we'd seen the papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭anBoMor

I found it all really easy! Only struggled with translating "medidas", caught me for a good ten minutes. But seeing as the only two in my year who do Spainish are native and lived there (me), we were finished at 11 and started the aural at half. Might be biased, but I really thought it was easy.

On the listening, what two points did people get for the "other than temperature" question?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 scmc

anBoMor wrote: »

On the listening, what two points did people get for the "other than temperature" question?

Sunny and pleasent in the morning.

Im probably wrong though. Found that listening awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

written grand... weather in the aural was hard.. from someone who speaks fluent spanish she sounded like she had a rather significant speech impediment

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭EDmon

Did anyone notice that during the first listening, there was no pause ?

I found the listening far harder than any of the past papers, also wasn't too please with the vocab. needed to do the letter regarding royalty etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I thought the paper was grand, the essays were alright, but yeah, that listening was really difficult :S

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

EDmon wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that during the first listening, [COLOR="Red"]there was no pause [/COLOR]?

Yes!!!!!!!? Not happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Juxtaposition

Did anyone notice that during the first listening, there was no pause

I noticed that too, but after the exam my friend pointed out to me that in the instructions that it said the Anuncio will be played 3 times through with a long pause at the end of the second hearing. Therefore the *PAUSE was a typo error on the paper. Upsetting, I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MaevelovesNY

Such a nice paper!Delighted!Although, the listening was a bit of a pain. Otherwise it was a lovely paper and the opinion pieces were so nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭anBoMor

scmc wrote: »
    Sunny and pleasent in the morning.

Im probably wrong though. Found that listening awful!

I wrote warms winds and sunny in the morning, and a drop in temperature after, thinking maybe by "aside from temperature" they meant the degrees..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shannen94

The actual paper was grand :) listening was hard enough, I couldnt make out what anyone was saying :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement