Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Physics...Before/After**

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

sdiff wrote: »
    Eh? Why?

Edit, oh crap. It should be 90-those values, right?

Thankfully I did 3 for q12...

9 marks for saying 90 degrees?

Doubt it.

On the other hand:
    Critical angle formula (3 marks)
    Substitution (3 marks)
    Answer + unit (3 marks)

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

Was a nice exam, left earlier than I should have though : /

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭sdiff

subz3r0 wrote: »
    9 marks for saying 90 degrees?

Doubt it.

On the other hand:
    Critical angle formula (3 marks)
    Substitution (3 marks)
    Answer + unit (3 marks)

I mean "90 subtract those values). Because the angle obtained would be to the normal, whereas theta was to the side of the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Did anyone find this much easier than the Pre? Our teacher gave us 2 pre's and I did very bad in them.Got 54 in one and 60 in another. I found that with the pre's the marks were put into big chunks of 25-30 and if you got the first bit incorrect you'd lose a lot of the marks in the subsequent bits.

But yesterdays paper was very nicely split up so if you got something wrong it wouldn't have an adverse effect on the next part.I'd say I got a B2. I think whoever makes the pre's should have a look at the way they give marks if they want to be compared to 'the real thing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

I thought this was a really nice paper overall. Granted, some of the short questions were abstract at best but I was pretty happy with how I handled them.. Got time for an extra question and everything and that was after checkin all me other ones! Fairly confident of a mid to high B and if I'm lucky *maybe* an A2 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement