Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of trophies/achievements turn off gamers from games ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I do enjoy getting some trophies that have catchy names.

For instance i spent a considerable about of time getting almost all of the Ghostbusters video game trophies because most of them were quotes from the movie :D

I remember another trophy i got in Borderlands was named "There are some who call me...Tim"

I shouldn't have to tell you where its from.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

http://twitter.com/XboxLIVErewards/status/215097955890380800
    We've hit 50,000 followers, which means it's time for an announcement! Coming Fall: a new way to earn Rewards based on your Achievements!

/Crosses fingers and hopes its retro active and there's quite the windfall for me ........ unlikely.

Most likely it will get tied to earn x achievement within x time of launch and get MS 20 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I like trophies. They give me different things to do in a game.

Would I base my decision to buy a game on it's having/not having trophies? No.

The only game I have a platinum on is Assassins Creed 2. Freaking loved that game. Spent ages after I finished it just running about the rooftops so figured I may as well collect all the feathers.

What I do find hilarious though is how pretentious people who don't like trophies act towards people who do. So someone else wants to just play games that they can log their progress and notable achievements in. So what? If you don't like them you can just ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

For instance i spent a considerable about of time getting almost all of the Ghostbusters video game trophies because most of them were quotes from the movie :D

I remember another trophy i got in Borderlands was named "There are some who call me...Tim"

I shouldn't have to tell you where its from.:pac:

I liked the "My brother is an Italian Plumber" trophy in borderlands. You get an enemies health really low and then jump on his head to get the trophy.

sarumite wrote: »
    I liked the "My brother is an Italian Plumber" trophy in borderlands. You get an enemies health really low and then jump on his head to get the trophy.

I was trying to figure that out for days, its a good one though

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »

The only game I have a platinum on is Assassins Creed 2. Freaking loved that game. Spent ages after I finished it just running about the rooftops so figured I may as well collect all the feathers.

i found the feather collecting quite satisfying actually

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

War for Cybertron is like that as well. Loads of the trophies are named after lines from the 1986 animated Transformers movie. I'm far more inclined to go after them than random trophies in another game.

I'm going for my first platinum at the moment. In Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? :D

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm going for my first platinum at the moment. In Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? :D

All the best in your endeavour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Do I get to keep the cash if I get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

i found the feather collecting quite satisfying actually

Collectables are something that alway did my head in. Even more so in sandbox games, because it can be so hard to keep track of where you've already searched, and where you haven't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement