Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

An hour long train delay. Good old ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just reading the boards thread on the Ulster Bank problem, it's madness! I'm not an Ulster Bank customer so I haven't been paying much attention to it but I can't believe it's still going on for nearly 3 weeks now :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Just reading the boards thread on the Ulster Bank problem, it's madness! I'm not an Ulster Bank customer so I haven't been paying much attention to it but I can't believe it's still going on for nearly 3 weeks now :eek:

yea im starting to wonder do i set up a ptsb account and have my next salary redirected there

I just happened to be on the PTSB website and they have a big welcome on their homepage for UB customers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Polloloca wrote: »
    Yeah my friend does reiki and it's weird. Taking out "negetive energy" by waving her hands over my 3rd eye.

Haha! That 3rd eye. A magnet for negative energy that thing :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I just happened to be on the PTSB website and they have a big welcome on their homepage for UB customers ;)

yea if i were in marketing for another bank, i'd be seriously trying to capitalise on this

HAY UB PEOPLE IT'S REALLY EASY TO SWITCH TO US LOOK LOOK LOOK AT ME
    PICK ME

:pac::pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    yea if i were in marketing for another bank, i'd be seriously trying to capitalise on this

HAY UB PEOPLE IT'S REALLY EASY TO SWITCH TO US LOOK LOOK LOOK AT ME
    PICK ME

:pac::pac:

I was just saying that. I'm with AIB and can't see anything on their website aimed at UB customers. PTSB employees will be getting mad overtime to set up all these new accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Lunch yesterday went great in the end, phew!

Oh I can't look at the deals any more, too tempting! Not that UB will let me have my money to spend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@Stench Blossoms - I didn't see the link yet, I'm on my phone. I appreciate the help, I'm not the bitch people seem to think I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Does anyone know would it take long to do a basic massage course? Bf would love it and it would be something for me to do.. :o

even basic massage courses take 9-10 months to do, and there's a LOT of study involved, you basically have to learn every muscle, bone and system in the body, how it all works together, the endocrine system, reproductive organs, joints, how massage affects the body holistically, diseases and the effects on the body etc etc. I did a course in it and thought it'd be handy, its a cool skill to have but its something you need to put a lot of effort in with. dont expect to do one class a week and know how to do it after a month. you're basically learning the human body inside out. 206 bones, their functions, how they're connected, about 600 muscles, the various tissue they're made of, how they all work, what arteries and veins connect them, and it goes on..thats just holistic massage, then you have sports therapy which is a few years of work and a full blown college course. I've forgotten tons of stuff I had to learn for my course. Then theres the actual tecnhniques, how you work them all together, what kind of massage it is, what oils to use blahdeblahdeblah..

so in short. voucher :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah... Probably a silly idea. :o

@bluewolf, I hope you didn't think I was ignoring you. I'm on my phone and can't load links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

finished The Hunger Games today!

it was actually really good! i couldnt put it down! Have to get the other two books in the trilogy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ok Loungers need some help. I have lots of clothes, too much clothes, and shoes, lots that were never worn and often still have tags on. I want to sell them, but have no idea how to go about it. Can some lovely soul talk me through how to do it? It will probably require quite a few pm's, am willing to pay in cupcakes!

Acoshla wrote: »
    Ok Loungers need some help. I have lots of clothes, too much clothes, and shoes, lots that were never worn and often still have tags on. I want to sell them, but have no idea how to go about it. Can some lovely soul talk me through how to do it? It will probably require quite a few pm's, am willing to pay in cupcakes!

have you tried ebay or adverts maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ebay? Car boot sale?

@Pixie Fairy, isn't The Hunger Games brilliant?? :D I'm on book 3 at the moment, might reread when I'm done. :)

@Acoshla - what about donedeal? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I think every man should learn massage. Go forth and take massage classes asap. If ye need someone to practice, all the better!! I'd b good like that, see.

have you tried ebay or adverts maybe?
    @Pixie Fairy, isn't The Hunger Games brilliant?? :D I'm on book 3 at the moment, might reread when I'm done. :)

@Acoshla - what about donedeal? :)

See what I mean is I have no clue how to do ebay or anything like that, the thoughts of working out postage on stuff fills me with dread because I am very bad with numbers, pretty certain I have dyscalculia so once I see numbers none of it makes sense and I'm afraid I'll mess up on postage calculation and lose money :( I need someone to tell me what are the best ways to do these things and then talk me through it, like I am a 2 year old :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

See what I mean is I have no clue how to do ebay or anything like that, the thoughts of working out postage on stuff fills me with dread because I am very bad with numbers, pretty certain I have dyscalculia so once I see numbers none of it makes sense and I'm afraid I'll mess up on postage calculation and lose money :( I need someone to tell me what are the best ways to do these things and then talk me through it, like I am a 2 year old :o

avoid donedeal anyway, unless you want complete timewasting gobsh1tes ringing you at all hours.

I haven't a clue how to sell stuff on eBay tbh. :o

Have a look at donedeal.ie and they should have some sort of tutorial. Sorry I can't be of more help. :)

Edit: Yeah... Don't try donedeal... :o

• Advertisement

omg its amazing!! Peeta :D<3 i loves him!!

ahhh im afraid i cant help at the moment! im trying to do something similar i lost weight so i need to get rid of a few items! Ill call my sister later and see what she knows about selling stuff on ebay and ill pm you later if you havent figured it out by then! :)

Thanks people :) Car boot sale not an option, because I have no intention of doing it :p Ebay seems like the best plan so far, but I need serious advice and tips on how to do it. I have so many perfect condition skirts and shoes that really deserve homes where they will be worn!

@Pixie Fairy - I know! The second book is brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/fashion/how-to-make-some-money-out-of-your-bulging-wardrobe-3043760.html

This might tell you a bit about starting on ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

That was one tough day at the office.

Gonna veg for the night and chat to you lovelys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

It's one of those Moods tonight that I feel like partying til the cows come home and then partying with the cows.

Alas, I'm working tomorrow.

Polloloca wrote: »
    It's one of those Moods tonight that I feel like partying til the cows come home and then partying with the cows.

Alas, I'm working tomorrow.

You and your cows :D

I'm gonna call you "moo" from now on :D

had to go feed my dog but he got caught in the ditch and had to try rescue him but i stung my hand on a nettle :(

earlier i burned myself off the oven making pastry pizza :o

i never this bad....usually :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm in crap humour. Something small this morning that I didn't have time to think through and it all started layering on top throughout the day.

So I'm sitting here after pouring it all out to Mike, all the piffley little annoyances. I'm sore from the deep tissue work my osteopath did on my shoulder (which apparently is not making sense and I might need to be referred on).

Then James brought me in his Dad's last love heart and I burst into tears. I love my family.

James has gone hiding under the garden bench away from the crazy lady.

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm in crap humour. Something small this morning that I didn't have time to think through and it all started layering on top throughout the day.

So I'm sitting here after pouring it all out to Mike, all the piffley little annoyances. I'm sore from the deep tissue work my osteopath did on my shoulder (which apparently is not making sense and I might need to be referred on).

Then James brought me in his Dad's last love heart and I burst into tears. I love my family.

James has gone hiding under the garden bench away from the crazy lady.

Awwww, please dont be sad. I period sync with you, in the sense when you're sad, i'm sad :(

Want a non touching hug? Or i'd even let you give me a dead arm/kick in the shin if it made you feel better?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement