Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 pairs Ray Bans €200 in B T

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Fishy1 wrote: »
    That's right! The €240 ones were Wayfarers - they didn't suit me. Very happy with the ones I got :)

Jesus H.

Normal price for Wayfarers in the 'expensive' Optik shop in Germany is 124 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

rubadub wrote: »

It is odd to expect ray ban to sell cheaply here just because they might make some here, imagine the marketing people or accountants suggesting they do.

I was thinking a few might fall into worker's bags beside the production line, and end up on adverts.ie etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Jesus can there not be one thread where it's not dragged off topic with bitter unhelpful comments... It's a bargain. Not for everybody but if you like Raybans it's the business. What's the point of posting bitter rip off comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I have a pair of sunglasses that say Ray Ban on them.
    They may have been €5, they may not be legit, but they sit on your face as sunglasses do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Eathrin wrote: »
    They may have been €5, they may not be legit, but they sit on your face as sunglasses do.
    If I was in the market for raybans, it's a bloody great deal. I'm with gpf101 on this, it's a legit bargain alert, if you don't like it, then why post??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

dodzy wrote: »
    If I was in the market for raybans, it's a bloody great deal. I'm with gpf101 on this, it's a legit bargain alert, if you don't like it, then why post??

I agree, if you're intent on buying something and you can get it cheaper than you usually would, then it is a bargain.
    I never said "waste of money!":)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Eathrin wrote: »

Seriously, throw those things in the bin. Whatever about the benefits of sunglasses priced either 5 or 300 euro, I wouldn't touch a pair of knock-off sunglasses because I wouldn't trust the manufacturer to use lenses that protect my eyes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Exactly. People may not be able to understand why some people buy expensive sunglasses, but if you do get a proper decent pair, the difference in the optical quality is amazing. That and the fact that cheapo sunglasses will not do anything to protect your eyes either is something you should really think about. It's only your retinas after all. This is a very good deal - I don't understand why people bitch and moan because it's a premium high quality product and it's being sold in BT's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I agree that quality does need to be factored in when purchasing sunglasses...however I am not very good in holding onto them and that is why I don't think I'd ever shell out on a designer pair again. I've bought Ralph Lauren and Ray Bans before and ended up losing them.

Having said that, it is possible to get good quality sun glasses without paying premium prices, I got a great pair of mantarays in Debenhams for €40 and I really liked them....(lost them at a stag in Madrid! :mad:)

I love Ray Bans but they don't really suit me (small head syndrome)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Having said that, it is possible to get good quality sun glasses without paying premium prices, I got a great pair of mantarays in Debenhams for €40 and I really liked them
    This is what I want to hear more of, comparable products or equivalent quality & protection without the added cost of marketing which was added onto the ray bans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭PressTheButton

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Dam. Should have looked at the finishing date.

Advertisement