Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 pairs Ray Bans €200 in B T

Options
  • 10-06-2012 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Ok,
    Some might say it's not a bargain, but Brown Thomas selling any 2 pairs of Ray. Bans for €200.

We splashed out today - original price of the ones I picked was €140, person I was with picked a pair marked at €212. We got both for €200 :)

I think the offer ends on the 15th.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What a waste of money.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What a waste of money.

Then why post? Other people may not think it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Fishy1 wrote: »

We splashed out today - original price of the ones I picked was €140, person I was with picked a pair marked at €212. We got both for €200 :)

Why didn't you get a €212 pair? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Heard about this 2 weeks ago, been going on for a while. Good saving if your in the market for some raybans,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭mcko

Davie89 wrote: »
    Heard about this 2 weeks ago, been going on for a while. Good saving if your in the market for some raybans,,,,,,,
    Hi is in all BTs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Hi is in all BTs[/Quote]
    Yes, I got mine in Limerick.

Hi is in all BTs[/Quote]
    Yes, I got mine in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

mcko wrote: »
    Hi is in all BTs

Yeah i think so,,,, I heard about it through a friend who works in the cork store

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

You'd think we'd be able to get lots more bargains on Ray Bans since they're made here.

Aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭mcko

You'd think we'd be able to get lots more bargains on Ray Bans since they're made here.

Aren't they?
    Thanks fir that might pick up some tomorrow

• Advertisement

Aren't they?
    Not any more unfortunately. Factory in Waterford no longer making them. As far as i know they're made in Italy now, but i could be wrong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Not any more unfortunately. Factory in Waterford no longer making them. As far as i know they're made in Italy now, but i could be wrong.

You sure? I thought they were still made in waterford

godtabh wrote: »

You sure? I thought they were still made in waterford
    Absolutely certain. The sunglasses section was closed down when Rayban was bought out by another company. They only make contact lenses in Waterford now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Yes they are now made in Italy. I got a few pairs in an optician's in Italy last year for about €80 each and they were not on sale (as in discounted) either!

latenia wrote: »

Presumably the OP got the pair they wanted, thus making it a bargain ;)
    ... if you don't get what you want it ain't a bargain.

RoverJames wrote: »
    latenia wrote: »

Presumably the OP got the pair they wanted, thus making it a bargain ;)
    ... if you don't get what you want it ain't a bargain.
    That's right! The €240 ones were Wayfarers - they didn't suit me. Very happy with the ones I got :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

made for 5 dolla, sold for 200 dolla

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Bought a pair of Club Masters yesterday in Kildare village for 98.00 euro, which are selling in BTs for 180.00. Think they had the same offer on there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Got myself a few pairs in pennys last summer.

Marked down to €2, bought 5 pairs, won't need to buy a pair for a while.

Now that was a bargain.

Ye are all mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Hank_Jones wrote: »

Now that was a bargain.

Ye are all mad.

Same as that! Have the pennys one for a year now and have another two pairs in the drawer.my ray bans cost €180 and lasted 8 months before breaking. I will never waste money on brand name glasses again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Now that was a bargain.

Ye are all mad.

It's all relative..

I got a pair of Police glasses last Summer on my way to Turkey reduced to €140 (despite already having Ray Bans with me as well) . Love them and they've served me well. A Buddy that we've met on holidays the last few years reckons I'm mad too. Yet as far as I'm concerned - 14 days holidays = €10 per day. Anything after that is a bonus. €140 to him is one days drinking!!

Well worth spending money on IMO and €200 for 2 pairs of Ray Bans IS a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

Now that was a bargain.

Ye are all mad.

It's all relative..

I got a pair of Police glasses last Summer on my way to Turkey reduced to €140 (despite already having Ray Bans with me as well) . Love them and they've served me well. A Buddy that we've met on holidays the last few years reckons I'm mad too. Yet as far as I'm concerned - 14 days holidays = €10 per day. Anything after that is a bonus. €140 to him is one days drinking!!

Well worth spending money on IMO and €200 for 2 pairs of Ray Bans IS a bargain.

Paying €2 for 1 pair in Pennys - 14 days holidays = 0.14c per day. Giving you a bargain of €138 off your holiday or a weeks spending money on meals out.

To be honest I find the majority of Rayban's are ugly and don't suit most people, but that's just my two cents.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Wizzy2011 wrote: »
    Paying €2 for 1 pair in Pennys - 14 days holidays = 0.14c per day. Giving you a bargain of €138 off your holiday or a weeks spending money on meals out.

Whatever about the frames, the lens are the most important thing in glasses. I wouldn't subject my eyes to pennys glasses, and once you do use a really good pair of polarized lenses you really notice it when you put on a cheap pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Wizzy2011 wrote: »

Whatever about the frames, the lens are the most important thing in glasses. I wouldn't subject my eyes to pennys glasses, and once you do use a really good pair of polarized lenses you really notice it when you put on a cheap pair.

Moral of the story, buy a good set of polarised lenses that fit a pair of Pennys finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Aren't they?

Yeh, it's like the way Guinness has to be much cheaper here than Spain as it's made here:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sounds like a great deal in RB's, if RB's are your thing. Unfortunately I'm somebody who can't keep a pair for more than a month without sitting on them, leaving them on a wall, dropping them....

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yeh, it's like the way Guinness has to be much cheaper here than Spain as it's made here:rolleyes:

Government taxes **** you over on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

endacl wrote: »
    leaving them on a wall

???

Where is this wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

endacl wrote: »
    leaving them on a wall

???

Where is this wall?
    If I could only remember.... This is why I don't buy pricey shades.

You're welcome to the next pair I sit on though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Government taxes **** you over on that one.
    Actually it is probably Guinness screwing you a lot more than the government. Manufacturers will charge whatever the market will bear, to maximise profits, they would be fools not to.

The aviva stadium here threatened to source guinness kegs from the UK as it worked out cheaper, this was fully legit with duty etc. Shows how much extra they charge if it is cheaper to ship over & back.
    Diageo has agreed to slash the price of Guinness to the company which runs the bars in Dublin’s new Aviva Stadium at Lansdowne Road, after the company threatened to import supplies from Britain.

Irish publicans pay €131.66 for a 50-litre keg of Guinness. The ex-duty price of the same keg to the on-trade in Britain is half that, at £54.15 (€66). Even after payment of Irish duty, the cost of importing Guinness to Ireland would be only €99.33 per keg, a saving of 33 per cent.
    Guinness have bizarrely successful marketing. I bet there are loads of guinness drinkers out there who have never even tasted another stout, or maybe just one other stout once. Lads in the beer forum did blind tastes on stout and it few could tell the differences. Guinness know they can charge more here, so they do.

It is basic economics and I have seen 7 year old girls with 'shops' in their front gardens who understand it -yet in some threads seemingly grown adults cannot get their head around it.

It is odd to expect ray ban to sell cheaply here just because they might make some here, imagine the marketing people or accountants suggesting they do.

Advertisement