Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If there was one rapper you could sit down and have a pint with.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Actually changed my mind. Azealia Banks all the way. Sexy bad girl.

She's no longer a rapper supposedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

I'm a Stan since like 8 years old but a pint with Em wouldn't work for many reasons, one bring that he wouldn't drink it and another being that I'd faint and s*** myself the second he'd arrive.

I'm thinking Snoop Dogg just because I think you could have a cool conversation with him.

Would love to have a conversation with Nas or Kendrick.

If you were guaranteed they'd talk to you and it wouldn't just be awkward though I'd pick Jay or Dre just because of how much they have achieved and what they've experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Will Smith or LL Cool J. Both are smart, funny and engaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Number 1 for me would definitely be RZA

From a guy up for a murder charge, to act as his own lawyer, and beat the case, to producing some of the finest hip hop tracks and albums in existence, to now directing a movie with assistance from Quentin Tarantino and Russel Crowe as the leading actor, he's one of the most interesting people in music to me.

I'd love to hear some of his stories, get an insight into why he thinks the Wu started to turns their backs on him, how much music was lost in the flood incident, etc

Ghostface Killah would be next for me, always comes across as a cool dude, and I'm sure he'd have some crazy stuff to say

G Rap, Kool Kieth, Jay-Z and a couple of others would be high up on my list too

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Thelonious

For the sake of mentioning somebody not yet discussed, I'd say Pimp C would have been worth getting to know.
    He never minced words.
    He was in prison for longer than most rappers.
    He had a good time all the time.
    He had a really interesting outlook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Tech N9ne. Having listened to a lot of his interviews he comes across as very cool and it would prob be good craic. Wouldn't be pints though, Caribou Lou's all the way haha

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭acorn1702

I'd like to hear Snoop's lifestory, from the horses mouth.

Also Immortal technique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Nas, simply because he's one of my all-time favourite artists and I'd love to just sit and chat and ask him about the Illmatic days.

Snoop Dogg, because he's the coolest. End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

MF Doom. Chap´s a boozehound and plenty of questions to ask.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MF Doom. Chap´s a boozehound and plenty of questions to ask.

You'll never get a sit down with him if you dont spell his name with ALL CAPS :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    You'll never get a sit down with him if you dont spell his name with ALL CAPS :D

Plus a good chance he'll just send a body double and pass him off as himself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Would go for Cube, predator was the first album i bought and still listen to his stuff on a daily basis, plus like the OP his fro is cool.

On a side note. I did have drinks with Crazy T & Lady sovereign at the d12 gig in dublin when they were supporting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I'd like to hang out with Danny Brown for a bit cos I've chatted to him on Twitter a bit and he seems sound.

Riff Raff would probably be good craic as well. Could probably blag a verse off him as well cos he seems to do 50 bajillion guest verses. I could bring him to that streetwear shop in the Ilac center if he needs some bizarre clothes.

MF Doom might be fun or might not be. Probably depends on what mood he's in. He likes a drink so could be a laugh.

Went for pints with Stig of the Dump in London a few years ago and he was excellent craic. Really friendly guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

I'd automatically say Jay, but like others said I don't think he'd be very chatty/open. Would still be pretty awesome to be having a drink with the man though! Would love to chat to him about Aaliyah...I'm a huge fan of hers still and anyone I've met who knew her always had amazing things to say about her, so that'd be great

I don't think a lot of them would be willing to chat the way you'd love them too though...they'd prob get pissy if you asked certain things.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

It's a tough one all right :P I'd say maybe Q Tip for ATCQ because of all the years he's been in music and his music is generally fun sounding, nothing too serious usually. Either him or for some crazy reason.. Speakz. Love that dude's beard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Reevaluated my decision, I'd have to go with RZA, he's a proper G, a brilliant rapper, an amazing producer and he's extremely intelligent. He'd certainly have a few stories to tell be it about his murder trial, the work he lost in the flood, ODB's death, saving meths life, the feuds within the clan etc.

Advertisement