Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could change how our bodies worked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

mine would be to shít marsbars.

fúck i love marsbars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

neil_hosey wrote: »
    mine would be to shít marsbars.

fúck i love marsbars

Fook it, make it a snickers and I'm with you on that one...

ALthough I don't digest nuts very well so I think I'm pretty much halfway there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A tap for the urethra (especially the female one) for those occasions when you leave it too long before going to the toilet, and you have to waddle to the toilet for fear of spilling anything. A tap would negate the necessity for the waddle, very handy for avoiding public ridicule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I wouldn't ****e myself stupid every time I drank an energy drink....

sounds like it's too much caffeine. you may have a sensitivity to it. i'd be the same.

I'd make it as easy for women to orgasm as it is for men.
    I'd get my intestines to calm the **** down, instead of spasming for all the normal things that people do. (IBS)
    I'd make my hair extendable by just pulling on it, so I don't have to wait so long for it to grow.
    I'd add valves to the urethra so it's impossible to get a UTI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

if i could i'd change it so women were only fertile during one 2 week period every year. the rest of the time they would be not be fertile.... this would result in a more manageable population and make life alot easier for men not having to deal with pmt women every month lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Fook it, make it a snickers and I'm with you on that one...

I left a nice big snickers in Trap 1 this morn ;) King size one too :p

I'd be safer putting a battery up my hole

can we watch? :eek:

maybe ya haven't been putting the right nuts in your mouth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

I'd second the one about our bodies using up all of the excess fat that we have before making us hungry for more food.
    Also, no periods. Or, if they were absolutely necessary, just to get one when you go to the loo, like peeing, rather than some random, unpredictable, varying blood flow running out of you as you walk around doing your daily chores.
    Genuinely the most inefficient reproductive system I can conceive of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd change the way a hangover manifests itself.

Gone would be the headaches, the wretching stomach, sore teeth, exhaustion etc

I'd replace them with a constant feeling like you've just had a great yawn, goosebumps, sneezes and that feeling when one ball decides to move ever so slightly of it's own accord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I would make it easier to get to sleep and make sleeping time more efficient and way more intense.
    Make the body more immune to cancer and disease.
    A more efficient system for dealing with excess.
    Drug glands to produce whatever kind of hit I want.
    Stop the body aging at a certain point and let us choose when we're ready to go.

I just want to join the Culture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭SScope

I'd change it so as that you could never bite the inside of your cheek/mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

How about the power to kill a yak from two hundred yards, with mind bullets?

That's telekinesis, Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Definitely do something about sleep. why the hell are our bodies so ineffecient that we can't go 2 days without recharging our batteries. Even if it was a case of you couldn't really move or put your heartbeat over a certain amount which would allow you to recharge which meant you could watch nonsense on the telly or just listen to music for a few hours a day and boom, back into action.

Kinda horrible to think we spend maybe a third of our lives as unconscious lumps, I want that third back!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Shryke wrote: »
    I would make it easier to get to sleep and make sleeping time more efficient and way more intense.
    Make the body more immune to cancer and disease.
    A more efficient system for dealing with excess.
    Drug glands to produce whatever kind of hit I want.
    Stop the body aging at a certain point and let us choose when we're ready to go.

I just want to join the Culture.

Forget sleep. Would love to be able to go weeks without sleep and only require a few hours sleep to recharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No bodily smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

IvySlayer wrote: »
    No bodily smell.

Shower everyday and deodorant.

Sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Reduce the bodys need for sleep. Which would give us more time on our hands to do the things we liked, then again employers would probably just up the amount of hours we had to work!

Another one would be reduce the bodys need for food. Would solve alot of world hunger problems thats for sure

IvySlayer wrote: »
    No bodily smell.

if it bothers ya that much stick a red hot metal bar up your nose to burn the smell receptors off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Not have the waste pipelines run so close to the recreational area.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Going to agree with what a lot of people here are saying in regards to sleep, such a waste of time.

Also some way of controlling how much we grow height wise, not a reversible whenever you feel like it thing though. 5,11 wanting to be 6,2 =( lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Eliminate sleep. Effectively increase lifespan (by being conscious) by about 30%!

Eliminate self-destructive cravings for sugar and fat. It ain't scarce anymore you stupid human bodies

Reduce sex drive. I think it was the ancient Greeks who said something like "To lose one's libido is to be unchained from a lunatic". Now, the Greeks were into some pretty messed up stuff by any ones standards (still are, some might say) but there's an element of truth in there somewhere I think. I mean, who hasn't got a pesky boner at the most inconvenient of times for no God damn reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Given the people who want to be taller, and thinner, excess fat should turn into bone in your legs so instead of getting fat you just grow taller.

Of course, I'd have to get a place with 19' high ceilings, but it would be worth it, I'm sure.

Thoie wrote: »
    Given the people who want to be taller, and thinner, excess fat should turn into bone in your legs so instead of getting fat you just grow taller.

or longer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Reduced need for sleep and reproductive choice are two good ones.

The increased metabolism isn't a bad idea but there's an evolutionary advantage in having some level of fat storage, so as a minor tweak, the body should know to just get rid of it when body-fat hits a 10/15% level. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Reduce sex drive. I think it was the ancient Greeks who said something like "To lose one's libido is to be unchained from a lunatic".

A lot of people like to humour that lunatic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

All farts should be accompanied by a neon green cloud over the perpetrators head for 10 seconds. It would prevent the sneaky farter in pubs and offices. I know a fúcker that would walk up beside you, drop one and then walk off leaving others to think it was you who bum burped.

Also that everyone lives to 100 years old exactly. It'd be a great excuse to have Death Birthday Parties.... 5...4...3...2...1.... BAM, keel over dead with a party hat on and noisemaker stuck in your gob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

eat as much tasty food and drink as much alcohol as we want - without getting fat or waking up with hangover or the fear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Sense of taste - imagine how much healthier everyone would be if vegetables tasted like chocolate and vice versa.

Being able to stop hair growing once you're happy with the length instead of constantly having to get it cut

Not having to sleep anymore is a good one, or else having full control of our dreams while we're asleep, that'd be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Be able to control how our hair grows. I hate shaving and getting my haircut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

No depression.
    If people were able to choose to be fat or thin, there would be a huge amount of people who would become grossly fat for fashion.

Advertisement