Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor mobile bband - 10 euro a month - 20gb

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

whyulittle wrote: »
    Got it the other day and specifically asked was it €10/month for the year and was told it was.

Had been in CPW the day before, but they knew nothing of it. They rang Meteor but all they could offer was a tenner off the first month for registering.
    the manager in blanch told me 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

the manager in blanch told me 3 months.

Signed up for mine on Wednesday in Meteor Blanch and was told its €10 for 12 months, also by the Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭upaho

I signed up for the deal and they overcharged me 2 months in a row and withdrew the DD from my account. Check your allowance very carefully because you don't want to have to deal with Meteor support, they're an absolute nightmare!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Went in today and was told i needed a promotional code texted to me?? Can anyone shed some light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

The story so far (should I write it in capitals?) so everybody understands it. Went into the shop in Kilkenny, asked for this deal, I was looked at like I'm a fool. She rang CC, after it I looked more foolish! Been told THE DEAL APPLIES 12 MTHS 10 GB CONTRACT ONLY FOR 3 MTHS! You get €10 off from €20.32, so your first 3 is €10.32, full price for remaining 9 mnths!
    Sorry for shouting, it's a shame now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

I was told my the manager at a Meteor store that is was 10.32 for 12 months.

Plus it's a 30 day rolling contract so you can cancel at any time.

Could someone kindly provide us with a scanned or written proof? Or should I go a different store? Only problem I've been up at standard price if I can't get it sorted gonna cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Didn't someone say it's printed in their in-store mag?

Yes, someone did but which magazine was it: May or June? I was searching for it in June issue while she was one the phone but couldn't find. Aargh, it's not that important I can just cancel it if doesn't work out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Got this deal and it's brilliant I can't get over the speed compared to 3. My only question is how much does it cost if you go over your 20 GB allowance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

JAMM222 wrote: »
    Got this deal and it's brilliant I can't get over the speed compared to 3. My only question is how much does it cost if you go over your 20 GB allowance?

3cent a MB IIRC so DO NOT GO OVER THE ALLOWANCE.

Hit the '€ balance' button on the dialog box and it will send you a text on what is left of your balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Someone should sign up to the Metor forum and ask hoe long it lasts for.
    http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Mobile-Broadband/bd-p/Mobile_broadband

I tried but you need a meteor number and pin and I have neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

source meteor.ie
    Bill Pay Smart Lite 30 - €10 off monthly commitment for 12 months offer

1. The following terms and conditions of the Meteor “€10 off Bill Pay Smart Lite 30” offer (the “Offer") are in addition to Meteor’s Bill Pay Smart Lite 30 terms and conditions and Meteor’s general terms and conditions of service. In the event of any conflict relating to the operation of the Offer, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
    2. The Offer is available to all customers (except for customers moving from an equal or higher bill pay plan or those on a Smart Lite 30 tariff plan in the preceding three (3) months) that sign up to Smart Lite 30 (“Eligible Customers”) during the period 19th August 2011 to the 30th September 2011 inclusive (or such other deadline as Meteor may, in its' sole and absolute discretion, decide to apply) (the “Promotional Period”).
    3. Where Eligible Customers subscribe to the Offer during the Promotional Period, the Eligible Customer will be entitled to receive a monthly discount of €10 off their Meteor Bill Pay Smart Lite 30 bill, down to a rate of €20 per month for a period of 12 months from the date of sign up to the Offer.
    4. The customer acknowledges that only one (1) discount can be applied to a bill pay customer’s account. Therefore, participating customers acknowledge and agree that they, by registering for the Offer, shall not be entitled to avail of any other monthly discount on their post-pay account for the duration of the Offer. Meteor reserves the right to remove the discount where combined in any manner with another promotion.
    5. Meteor reserves the right to vary or amend these terms and conditions or withdraw the Offer in whole or in part at any time.
    6. Meteor shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising from any ineligible or unsuccessful applications, any delay in the imposition of the Offer, or the termination of the Offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I was told 12 months in the shop. But I had to return it. It struggled to get any signal on Meteor travelling around Ireland whereas we had no problem with O2. So I had to return it. Pity it was a good offer if you can get a signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Thinking of ditching UPC broadband (which is excellent but expensive since you have to take the tv too) and switching to this.

Is the speed reasonable? (We're in Dublin so hopefully the signal is ok.)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thinking of ditching UPC broadband (which is excellent but expensive since you have to take the tv too) and switching to this.

Just so as you know, you don't need to avail of UPC tv services to get their BB, I used to be on a package which had all three services for 73e per month, Ive since switched back to their €40.50 30mb BB and phone service.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Are you not being charged a fee for not receiving tv? That's what they used to quote. It could be built into your price?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Nope, it's a standalone package, €40.50 p/m going up to €42 from August

http://www.upc.ie/deals/broadbandandphone/fibrepower25Mb/

Also, my BB was increased to 30mb in the last few weeks too.

I find the speed pretty reasonable. I get average 3mb / sec in Dublin but I don't have the most modern dongle, you might get better with that. I find it reasonable for downloading some video stuff and for streaming youtube. It's fine once you don't expect a movie to download in 5mins but more like 50 mins...

Advertisement