Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor mobile bband - 10 euro a month - 20gb

Options
  • 05-06-2012 1:01pm

went in to sign up for 30 day rolling contract in meteor. thought that it was going to be 20 euro a month but got it at 10 euro as they have a deal currently which would be valid for a year. that's a great deal for 20gb on a rolling contract (i.e. you're not tied in for a year - can cancel at any time - pay to end of that month). need bank statement with address on it or utility bill - within last 3 months and photo id (passport or driving licence).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

We had a thread on this already. Its the Meteor PAYG thread. But thanks for letting people know that it is still going plus it probably deserved its own thread anyway.

kn wrote: »
    We had a thread on this already. Its the Meteor PAYG thread. But thanks for letting people know that it is still going plus it probably deserved its own thread anyway.

no probs - it's a very good deal indeed as PAYG is 20 euro a month for only 7.5gb. but this deal is not PAYG as you know- it's a direct debit on your credit card or bank account. but since it's a rolling contract there is no real committment.

by the way - one other point - it's sim only - i.e. you'll need to have your own dongle or buy one. meteor have various options - around 50 euro I think but maybe even cheaper for second-hand in-store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

glasso wrote: »
    kn wrote: »

no probs - it's a very good deal indeed as PAYG is 20 euro a month for only 7.5gb. but this deal is not PAYG as you know- it's a direct debit on your credit card or bank account. but since it's a rolling contract there is no real committment.

by the way - one other point - it's sim only - i.e. you'll need to have your own dongle or buy one. meteor have various options - around 50 euro I think but maybe even cheaper for second-hand in-store.
    They have refurbished for under a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I've signed up for this 2 weeks ago, but they never mentioned how much was going to be for a month. I had to pay €50 deposit also which will be paid back to me once I cancel the contract or have been with them for 6 months. How would I know that I have this deal? I have to ring them because of direct debit anyway.

padyjoe wrote: »
    I've signed up for this 2 weeks ago, but they never mentioned how much was going to be for a month. I had to pay €50 deposit also which will be paid back to me once I cancel the contract or have been with them for 6 months. How would I know that I have this deal? I have to ring them because of direct debit anyway.

If its the 30 day contract deal its €10.32/month for 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

Can this deal be got online or over the phone as no meteor shop near me?

jamesd wrote: »
    Can this deal be got online or over the phone as no meteor shop near me?

Only in store I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

You signed up to something without knowing how much it;s going to cost you!?!
    padyjoe wrote: »

Has anybody tested if it really is 20Gb a month?
    Was looking at the 3 option but only need data and no contract is a major plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Was in Castlebar store today, was told its 20.66 p/m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Apogee

There's a notice on the front of the Patrick St store in Cork advertising this offer at €10.32 per month.

moodrater wrote: »

Yeah we has this before on the other Meteor thread. The offer is only available instore - not online etc. The shop assistants instore know all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

How confusing of Meteor!

When does the deal end??

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

I got this deal in carphonewarehouse. They took €20 from my bank account though. When I called they were so hard to deal with.
    I'm just going to cancel the one I have and go for a new sim only instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,088 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

So should I cancel my 30 day contract to get this cheaper deal? They should offer existing customers something extra or reduce the current rate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

glasso wrote: »
    went in to sign up for 30 day rolling contract in meteor. thought that it was going to be 20 euro a month but got it at 10 euro as they have a deal currently which would be valid for a year. that's a great deal for 20gb on a rolling contract (i.e. you're not tied in for a year - can cancel at any time - pay to end of that month). need bank statement with address on it or utility bill - within last 3 months and photo id (passport or driving licence).

This is in the Meteor magazine. The deal doesn't expire after a year.

Is this still on? As it turned out they have me signed up for ordinary price, 20.32pm instead of special offer. I bought it on 23rd May. What you think what can I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Just got this today, thanks OP! :)

It's down as 20.32 per month, but the salesperson told me I would be credited 10 euro per month, so it would work out at 10.32 pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Can you get the mifi modem on Prepay?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

Hi BostonB
    I think you can get it on prepay for €79 in store.
    Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Clitlady

Is this deal still ongoing? When does it expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

plu wrote: »
    This is in the Meteor magazine. The deal doesn't expire after a year.

Where did you get the Meteor magazine out of interest? Can you get it posted?

I signed up for this just before the end of May after reading about it here, I rang the Meteor store first to double check and he wasn't sure if the offer would be extended to the end of June, he said possibly as as it was supposed to finish end of April but it had been extended.

It's instore at Meteor stores only, not available in Emobile stores or online.
    Emobile have a different offer.

I got the guy to write out the €10.32 per month for me before I left the store as it doesn't say it on the contract, he said I would have it for a year, would be great if it was longer term.

Someone asked would it really be 20gb? Why wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

loopymum wrote: »
    Where did you get the Meteor magazine out of interest? Can you get it posted?

I signed up for this just before the end of May after reading about it here, I rang the Meteor store first to double check and he wasn't sure if the offer would be extended to the end of June, he said possibly as as it was supposed to finish end of April but it had been extended.

It's instore at Meteor stores only, not available in Emobile stores or online.
    Emobile have a different offer.

I got the guy to write out the €10.32 per month for me before I left the store as it doesn't say it on the contract, he said I would have it for a year, would be great if it was longer term.

In a Meteor store. I will photograph the relevant page tomorrow and attach it here.

loopymum wrote: »

You can check your balance on the dialog box and mine is counting down from 20Gb for the month - no issue there that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Clitlady

When does this offer expire?

I looove your nickname, Clitlady! :-)
    To get the remaining balance either log in to your account or, this is the handy one send a text to 50104 with mmb balance in it. The latter works for both payg and billpay. I must go back to Meteor tomorrow and ask about this deal before it's up!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

Clitlady wrote: »

I got this in store yesterday and one of the girls said it expires end of June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Clitlady wrote: »

I got this in store yesterday and one of the girls said it expires end of June
    am instore now. its their 20e something plan reduced to 10 for 3 months.

So still on but with a different T&C? Is seems like an undercover deal they've put it out but want no one to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Got it the other day and specifically asked was it €10/month for the year and was told it was.

Had been in CPW the day before, but they knew nothing of it. They rang Meteor but all they could offer was a tenner off the first month for registering.

Advertisement