Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

It's basically 3 missions where you have to follow car to download data from them and final mission where there is a bit of shooting and car chase. It's not 60 minutes but more 30 minutes. It should appear on map as blue icon saying exclusive contract somewhere in the loop I think. If you can't find it unlock all ctos Towers in the area to uncover all activities.

not to start ps4 v xb1 debate. But is that seriously all the exclusive content you get??

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

It's basically 3 missions where you have to follow car to download data from them and final mission where there is a bit of shooting and car chase. It's not 60 minutes but more 30 minutes. It should appear on map as blue icon saying exclusive contract somewhere in the loop I think. If you can't find it unlock all ctos Towers in the area to uncover all activities.

Cheers man, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The last mission in the Weapons Trade investigation was a battle I was not expecting at all, barely made it through. If you're doing it, make sure you fill your ammo before going there and use your explosives wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

miju wrote: »
    not to start ps4 v xb1 debate. But is that seriously all the exclusive content you get??

The exclusive content for ACIV was pretty minimal too. Might be a Ubisoft thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

DarkJager wrote: »
    The last mission in the Weapons Trade investigation was a battle I was not expecting at all, barely made it through. If you're doing it, make sure you fill your ammo before going there and use your explosives wisely.

So you are telling me to use bombs wisely?

Peppy_Hare.png

Sure thing Peppy! :P

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    So you are telling me to use bombs wisely?

Peppy_Hare.png

Sure thing Peppy! :P

Not just for bombs but the grenade launcher too ;) That is of course unless you'd prefer to fight multiple Enforcers and 3 waves of reinforcements in an enclosed area with just guns. I spent 10 minutes running around crates and up stairs getting shot to bits by them. Only thing missing was the Benny Hill theme tune :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Use the pump action grenade launcher for that mission, very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Some guys on the Ubi forums has created a config tool to easily edit the XML files containing some of the hidden options to make this game either look prettier, or run better... whichever takes your fancy. :)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/887551-Tool-Watch-Dogs-Configuration-Utility-Official-Release

Someone used it and it appears this lets you make the game look a lot closer to that beautiful watch_dogs demo from 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

Finished it there. Good game. If the dlc puts you in the shoes of Jordi, I'll be getting it.

Not much variety to the mission structure. By Act 2 everything had been done already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Nothing particularly groundbreaking but some new stuff and I am personally having great craic shutting down car chases using the hacking opportunities.
    That and all the side stuff to do and being invaded and invading others, I am glad I decided to pick this up.
    Just unlocked the Batcave and got its power up and running, but is there anyway to save it there, cannot find a bed anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

For those who finished it, how long did it take you?

Nothing particularly groundbreaking but some new stuff and I am personally having great craic shutting down car chases using the hacking opportunities.
    That and all the side stuff to do and being invaded and invading others, I am glad I decided to pick this up.
    Just unlocked the Batcave and got its power up and running, but is there anyway to save it there, cannot find a bed anywhere?
    Its upstairs. When you come in to the bunker from the entrance take a left and follow the walkway around, the bed is on the far side of the walkway to the left of the screenwall

lertsnim wrote: »
    The exclusive content for ACIV was pretty minimal too. Might be a Ubisoft thing.

cheers, was more a curiosity thing really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

has anyone had any issue joining free roam. it wont let me join free roam due to my nat type. its saying to check it. its 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

has anyone had any issue joining free roam. it wont let me join free roam due to my nat type. its saying to check it. its 1

Nah it's not your nat type, their servers are down. Happened to me a few times now. Their servers are terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Finished the story tonight, have to say from around the mid point of chapter 4 it really came alive and was one of the better end sections to a sandbox game I've played.

The
    death of quinn was quite well done but my god that driving section to plant the virus was a pain.

I don't think Aidan really took responsibility for his part in events the whole thing was his fault, even though he said the words I really don't think he saw himself as being just as bad the people he was up against in many ways, and agree with others that he was not a likeable guy at all , not just is voice. I put a bullet in Maurice at end for that reason as I felt if not given a choice thats what would have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Finished the main story just now and thought it was great. Some absolutely fantastic sections in the game.
    calex71 wrote: »
    my god that driving section to plant the virus was a pain.

Christ almighty I almost lost a controller because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

The
    death of quinn was quite well done but my god that driving section to plant the virus was a pain.
    I got so fed up with that mission that I took the cheap route of using the water for transport and picked the CTOS stations that were near it. Helicopter was the most annoying part for me but as I managed not to kill any cops I kept my rating low enough that it didn't shoot me all the time.

Still took me around 10 attempts and thankfully it saved my progress after I completed 2 and died at the third one. If it hadn't I was going to turn it off!

Enjoyed the ending and ended up killing everyone as it felt like a fitting conclusion.

Overall glad I didn't listen to all the early negative talk as I would have missed out a really enjoyable game,
    also sets it up for a possible sequel in a different city with version 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

I got so fed up with that mission that I took the cheap route of using the water for transport and picked the CTOS stations that were near it. Helicopter was the most annoying part for me but as I managed not to kill any cops I kept my rating low enough that it didn't shoot me all the time.

Still took me around 10 attempts and thankfully it saved my progress after I completed 2 and died at the third one. If it hadn't I was going to turn it off!
    I used the water too, but I thought nothing of it, its a sandbox devs should have put cops on boats.

Overall though I thought the game was just good. Like Kratos in GOW, Aiden Pearce brings the game down, that and repetitive mission structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Good to hear the story gets better as the game progresses because as of now (End of Act 2) it is terrible imo.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Good to hear the story gets better as the game progresses because as of now (End of Act 2) it is terrible imo.

I felt that section was overly drawn out for the sake of one objective

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Although it started out slowly, the more I've play the more I've enjoyed it. I just finished Act 3. My only gripe is that you should be allowed to turn off online invasions without penalty when you want to concentrate on doing the single player story. Having it clear all your MP score to date seems a bit harsh.

The online hacking element is very good. I've had some epic encounters. One of which I was trying to hack a guy near a yard that had three trucks parked just inside it's entrance. I was hiding in one, and the guy must have ran around 7 or 8 times. I had actually turned on the truck at one point as I was sure he was about to catch me, but quickly turned it off again when he didn't.

He ran around the entire place, and then at about 95% he seemed completely clueless, so of course he just started firing the rocket launcher towards the three trucks. He blew up the one beside me, and I thought I was done for. Aiden even shouted "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeet". Then he tried to hit the truck I was hiding in, but it didn't blow up (had a bunch of steam coming from the engine). I couldn't believe I was still alive and got the job done a few seconds later.

I've hidden in cars before and gotten caught, but it seems you are up so high in a truck and so low when you are hiding that they can't see you. I'm not sure if that's entirely correct, but he was literally right beside the truck trying to profile me and didn't. It's the only explanation I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,387 ✭✭✭✭Penn

v3ttel wrote: »
    Although it started out slowly, the more I've play the more I've enjoyed it. I just finished Act 3. My only gripe is that you should be allowed to turn off online invasions without penalty when you want to concentrate on doing the single player story. Having it clear all your MP score to date seems a bit harsh.

Here's something I was wondering (I don't have the game); does it clear your MP score/stats completely, or are they just reset while you're offline but then are restored when you choose to allow online again?

v3ttel wrote: »

I've hidden in cars before and gotten caught, but it seems you are up so high in a truck and so low when you are hiding that they can't see you. I'm not sure if that's entirely correct, but he was literally right beside the truck trying to profile me and didn't. It's the only explanation I can think of.

You can be profiled in a truck but they never think of looking there. Amount of times Ive sat in a fire truck in middle of the road with sirens blaring and they dont check it, plain sight can sometimes be great, then when they profile you make the slowest get away possible as they ram off you in the car and you just beep at them. Done this to a guy yesterday for 20 solid minutes before he finally killed me, he raged HARD lol.

There's also a really easy spot for online hacking to hide if your near a train station and get onto the roof of it using a combination of the scaffholding at end of the platform and the roof of the trains.

From the roof of the station you start firing off your gun, grenades, ieds and watch them run around. Out of 30 odd times ive gone onto the roof ive been caught once and only then because i was firing my Golden Tommy Gun at his feet :):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was running around like a headless chicken last night looking for a hacker,he was probably hiding in a car now I bet :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭brady12

For those of ye who played Wolfenstein and this which is better?

brady12 wrote: »
    For those of ye who played Wolfenstein and this which is better?

Two completely different games, that said watch dogs will last longer but I enjoyed Wolfenstein more personally and I'm not generally a FPS fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭brady12

Two completely different games, that said watch dogs will last longer but I enjoyed Wolfenstein more personally and I'm not generally a FPS fan.

I bought and enjoyed watch dogs despite some negativity.. So I think I will get Wolfenstein

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Penn wrote: »
    Here's something I was wondering (I don't have the game); does it clear your MP score/stats completely, or are they just reset while you're offline but then are restored when you choose to allow online again?

I haven't tried this, but if I remember correctly, the message you get when you try to turn off Online Invasions definitely implies that resetting your score is not temporary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

When I don't want to be hacked I just untick the connect to Internet option on the ps4.its rare I do it but it has come in handy.

Advertisement