Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

5eWbQs_thumb.jpg

trainee earns more than the assistant manager

5ZWQrb_thumb.jpg

and NSFW (not story related)
    prostitute plays russain roulette with client

http://omg.wthax.org/6VCjBM.jpg

http://omg.wthax.org/5b3kHF.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

spider tank is great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

spider tank is great fun

That is the only trip I haven't done yet, I am really looking forward to it.
    Can you climb buildings with it?

yes,objective gameplay with a time limit fot each one, i wont say too much to ruin it, its a good laugh

the invasions are annoying me, i can never find the
    last fella appeared as a jogger right beside me
    just got hacked again so i thought i would try it
    roof of a building, watching the guy driving round like a lunatic and then he appeared from nowhere bang, dead, i tried tailing someone, before i even profiled him he stopped the car and shot me, any tips on what im doing wrong would be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

roof of a building, watching the guy driving round like a lunatic and then he appeared from nowhere bang, dead, i tried tailing someone, before i even profiled him he stopped the car and shot me, any tips on what im doing wrong would be great

Don't get shot.

Don't get shot.

Well that was insightful
    Was it really worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hacking someone:

Take your time. Drive an inconspicuous vehicle. Focus on driving like the AI.

Good players will know if you are already in the game with them so maybe use a nearby camera to make the hack for you. Look up along the buildings for some cameras.

Place an IED bomb away from where you are hiding. If the guy gets close to finding you detonate the bomb. It's a great distraction and can send them running in the opposite direction.

Learn to take cover and round corners with precision. If you do this well you can move around a vehicle without being seen when a target is right on top of you.

If the guy being hacked scans a vehicle consider getting into it since the player believes he has already checked it.

If you see their vehicle hide in it. They never check it lol.

Getting hacked:

Anticipate a hack. Every few minutes press the focus button. If the focus isn't slowing down time it means a player is in your game and a hack is coming.

Drive to an area with good camera coverage and make sure you are in a fast car. Use a camera to give a good overview of your area. Watch and wait. If you're lucky you'll get a quick profile of the target and then you can take after him in your car.

Let's say the hack as been initiated. Use cameras to profile the area. Cameras profile much faster than your phone and can scan a larger area faster.

If you are running out of time use a jammer to disrupt the hack to give yourself a few more vital seconds to find the fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

In crime fighting I have found it effective to tax people after I save them. Take this cafe for instance.

I call it a lucky dip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Whats everyone making of this?
    Is it worth the buy? Only thing putting me off is all this hacking and so on is there any shooting at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

This is the first game I've got a platinum trophy, was never bothered with other games but found this game a lot of fun :) Getting the Traced trophy was fun, seeing people's reactions as you jump on their car while they are tailing you is great craic!

When you are tailing people, honestly I've found the best approach is to hop into a fast car. Most players will know you are there due to the focus trick, however they still have to get close to you to profile you. So the best approach I've found is to hop in a fast car and start the observation, if they get close to you, just drive off down the road a bit. They will know it's you, but you will be too far away for them to profile you. I've had people shoot at me and been involved in car chases (just press X/A on straights to look behind you so it increases the observation bar), and still be a success cause they could never get close enough to profile me.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kudros

@Benzino, what's the focus trick again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

tap the focus button - if time doesnt slow down, you're not alone :shifty:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Benzino wrote: »
    This is the first game I've got a platinum trophy, was never bothered with other games but found this game a lot of fun :) Getting the Traced trophy was fun, seeing people's reactions as you jump on their car while they are tailing you is great craic!

I've got the drinking games left to do, what a pain they are. Wouldn't be so bad if the didn't have so many stages.

calex71 wrote: »
    I've got the drinking games left to do, what a pain they are. Wouldn't be so bad if the didn't have so many stages.

Yeah that was a PITA alright, thought it was unnecessary to have to do 30 levels in total alright, very time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

just been hit with the constantly loading screen. The game launches via UPlay. I select continue game and the game starts to load. It loads up until about 70-80% and just stops there. Task manager shows that the game is not responding. Wont load into the actual game at all for me. Already got up until the end of Act 2 so I dont really fancy starting over again. Anyone got any solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

Hi..
    does anyone else have a problem with a missing trophy/mission?
    The game says I unlocked and done the mission but no trophy for it?
    I don't see it on the map either :mad:

Hi..
    does anyone else have a problem with a missing trophy/mission?
    The game says I unlocked and done the mission but no trophy for it?
    I don't see it on the map either :mad:

Whats the name of the trophy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

how do you unlock all the items that are in the lure wheel i cant select any of the other items like drugs,ect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

im about to trade this in, if anyone wants it @trade in price pm me? Not sure if its allowed. Didnt enjoy it at all (PS4)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

naughto wrote: »
    how do you unlock all the items that are in the lure wheel i cant select any of the other items like drugs,ect

The inventory system isnt terribly intuitive, and can get a bit annoying in the midst of a firefight alright

For me, on pc, with an xbox360 controller, I think (sorry am away from pc at the moment), hold down left bumper, and inventory wheel comes up. Point to the category(*), and tap right bumper to cycle through choices. Some, while unlocked, may need to be created, if you've got the parts by pressing 'Y'

*categories are a little odd, in that I think lure (maybe) is available at all 'gadget quick links' but grenades/IEDs are only available at one (bottom right)

Again, all from memory, so could be wrong/backwards at the above. Bottom line is, inventory wheel choices can be scrolled though

Whats the name of the trophy?
    sorry I should of said that, revoking client privileges?

It would be cool if they had a sort of hack cam, so when you finish hacking somebody, you can see what they did during the hack. A lot of the times you can't see them, or even tell if they are trying to find you. Think it'd be a cool feature to have.

sorry I should of said that, revoking client privileges?

Hmm, and it says you have 11/11 completed under the Human Traffic Investigations progress wheel?

Hmm, and it says you have 11/11 completed under the Human Traffic Investigations progress wheel?
    yeah it sure does, highly pissed off about it to be honest cause I wanted to get all the trophies..
    I'm not willing to start all over again over it.

yeah it sure does, highly pissed off about it to be honest cause I wanted to get all the trophies..

That sucks :( Your best bet is to email Ubisoft about it, perhaps even provide screenshots of the 11/11 progression wheel stat and the unlocked trophy. That might be able to help them. Then I guess just wait for a patch.

This guy was a bit of an eejit!

I always wanted to try hiding in that truck, but this was the first time it appeared for me while hacking somebody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How far in the game are you ? you got the
    phone call
    after doing the last one right?

You need have progressed into act 3 for that to trigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

So I finally did the Spider Tank trip. I loved every second of it and the outfit you get for clearing it is the best one so far, in my opinion.

In other news I seem to be getting hacked a lot latley. Got hacked twice yesterday and I don't know if it is because they are getting better or I am getting worse. Maybe I'll be in the next eejit video :pac:

Advertisement