Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The AH Teetotalers Appreciation Thread

Options
  • 03-06-2012 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

So, who here on AH is a teetotalers? Come on, step forward, don't be ashamed.

Personally, I've been a teetotaler for about 7.23598 months now and I'm enjoying the benefits, such as the moral high ground on nights out; me with my cup of tea in the corner of the pub, scorning yet psychoanalysing all those barbaric alcoholics.

Needless to say, I'm feeling the loneliness and rejection. But still, it feel nice sitting here on my blissful pompous throne with my superiority complex looking down on all those porter-mongerers.

So, fellow teetotalers. Have you felt the isolation and how have you copped?

Are you a teetotaler 100 votes

Yes. I am a teetotaler.
    0% 0 votes
    No. I am not a teetotaler.
    33% 33 votes
    I have tried to become a teetotaler, but I have never succeeded.
    61% 61 votes
    I would like to try becoming a teetotaler sometime.
    6% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

What about the coffeetotalers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

What about the beertotalers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The price of rock shandys would drive me to drink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Fair dues to them, I'll drink to their success with their new attitude - in fact, I am already. Well done.:)Hic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

To the teetotalers. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

I think I will stick to the occasional tipple, to maintain an air of inferiority to you tee totaling uber-human that you are. Alcohol keeps you down to earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I wish I was. I'd love to never drink again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Few naggins.
    Be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Session through the recession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Im sorry, but what in the name of fúck is a teetotaler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

cocoshovel wrote: »

A golfoholic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Pedant wrote: »
    So, who here on AH is a teetotalers? Come on, step forward, don't be ashamed.

Personally, I've been a teetotaler for about 7.23598 months now and I'm enjoying the benefits, such as the moral high ground on nights out; me with my cup of tea in the corner of the pub, scorning yet psychoanalysing at all those barbaric alcoholics.

Needless to say, I'm feeling the loneliness and rejection. But still, it feel nice sitting here on my blissful pompous throne with my superiority complex looking down on all those porter-mongerers.

So, fellow teetotalers. Have you felt the isolation and how have you copped?

These might be connected OP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

cocoshovel wrote: »

Seek the Oracle of Google, for it shall enlighten thee with the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I'm not a big drinker, happy to go out once every few months and even then chances are high that I won't drink.

I suppose I am a teetotaler ... never thought of it like that.

Sometimes I will have the odd drink, but 9 times out of 10 I'll head out and remain sober for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I used to drink out of the bottle, now the bottle drinks out of me:mad:
    Is there any way to get off the booze?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I know it's the wrong thing to say but I don't really trust them at all.

Especially on a night out. Those feckers remember everything that goes on, including the details which are better best forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Pedant wrote: »
    Seek the Oracle of Google, for it shall enlighten thee with the answer.

One refuses to lift thy finger for such obtuse phrases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I don't drink at all, but dont really call meself a teetotaller. the word has an air of annoyance about it, like pioneer. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Not a big fan of the expression teetotaler either, sounds like a golf term. Fair enough about us remembering everything, but if we're driving, at least we're handy for a lift home at the end of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Would making the poll public not have made it easier to discern the teetotalers from the non-teetotalers?

Also - I do not think that you're leaving the poll open long enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Skid wrote: »
    I know it's the wrong thing to say but I don't really trust them at all.

Especially on a night out. Those feckers remember everything that goes on, including the details which are better best forgotten.

They really don't care either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm at something approaching the like. It's a health and fitness thing more than anything.
    I'm over all much healthier and it's better for my pocket.
    I go out less but tend to have at least as much fun. It's great remembering everything and not having any kind of fear. It's fairly shocking seeing the state of people though. Repeating themselves, bleary, boring, but that's the ones that get too drunk. Plenty do but mostly it's all good.
    It's great having the car. Wonderful excuse to keep away from the stuff. I can imagine it being a lot tougher to do without a strong reason to fob people with.
    That's not to say I never have a drink but only fairly infrequently these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I was born a Catholaholic but I kicked the habit and now I'm less mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Never even heard the word teatotalers untill a few nights ago. I always thought the name was simply- dry sh1tes. Anyways, I've been a dry sh1te for about three years now. It's not much craic :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I used to drink out of the bottle, now the bottle drinks out of me:mad:
    Is there any way to get off the booze?

You sound like you are on the way off it. When you get completely sick of it you'll knock it on the head. Go off it for a month and even if you go on a binge then go back off it for another month. Go to 3 months etc once you get a year its a bigger deal to go back on it and you'll just stay off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

I got sick and tired of getting sick and tired from the drink so I've stopped poisioning myself on a regular basis.

I've removed the option of ever drinking again, and it's nice to be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I go out on the booze maybe every second week.
    Now and again I decide to not drink for a few weeks, anything from 3-6 weeks usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Teetotalers are gaining some ground in the poll. *Fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Wouldn't be for me at all. Good wines and beers are delicious. Love cocktails too!

And that happy feeling you get after a few!

I really don't know many people who have chosen not to drink, but the couple I do know do tend to rub in it your face a little. They're bad people in all aspects of life though so I shouldn't use them as an example.

My boyfriend doesn't drink, but not by choice so he really doesn't have any problem with me drinking. I don't think anybody should anyway, as long as I'm not harming them. Nothing makes them superior, just different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

emzolita wrote: »
    I don't drink at all, but dont really call meself a teetotaller. the word has an air of annoyance about it, like pioneer. :p

<
    Straight Edge is so much better

Advertisement