Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missions You Hate

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Kxiii wrote: »
    The mission in SA where you had to do a dance off in order to steal the Speaker van.

Iirc on the original PS2 version you had to score 4000 points. It was a bit of a drive back and forth from burger shot to the beach and it could only be done between certain hours.

The score was halved when the Xbox edition came out.

I'm pretty sure the drive is only around a minute, it's the burgershot nearest the beach you have to go to and from if I'm not mistaken.

But that mission stopped me from being able to finish the game when I was a little kid :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the drive is only around a minute, it's the burgershot nearest the beach you have to go to and from if I'm not mistaken.

But that mission stopped me from being able to finish the game when I was a little kid :p

You could only do it at night. If you failed you'd have to go and save a couple of times before you could try again. It was still fairly early in the game so unless you did the Taxi and whatnot, you probably only had the Grove Street safehouse which wasnt close at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

so im havin my 3rd go at clearing SA and guess what im stuck on the wrong side of the god dam tracks, i now despise big smoke :mad:

Really don't know how people have such difficulty with this one...just drive he bike level with the carriage and on the edge of the track so Smoke can shoot and hit them not the train.

Gotta be snail trail for me, been playing this week and every time the lad jumps in the taxi the spook-o-meter shoots up...

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Really don't know how people have such difficulty with this one...just drive he bike level with the carriage and on the edge of the track so Smoke can shoot and hit them not the train.

Gotta be snail trail for me, been playing this week and every time the lad jumps in the taxi the spook-o-meter shoots up...

They are easily three times stronger/more bulletproof than normal opponents. Add in Smoke's abysmal aim and it's easy to see why people have trouble with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They are easily three times stronger/more bulletproof than normal opponents. Add in Smoke's abysmal aim and it's easy to see why people have trouble with it.

Maybe I just got lucky, it doesn't compare with Zero's torture though...*shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 hurleyman15

Started playing through SA for the first time recently. I now know why people hate Big smoke's train mission, I mean, feck that mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Started playing through SA for the first time recently. I now know why people hate Big smoke's train mission, I mean, feck that mission.

Replaying SA before V comes out. Came to that mission last night at about 1am and I was like ''f*ck NO'' *turns off system*. Gonna give it a go in a while. I passed it on my first attempt last time I played through SA!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Started replaying SA recently and it took me two attempts to get past that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

iMuse wrote: »
    Started replaying SA recently and it took me two attempts to get past that one

I passed it on the first attempt, never understood what was so hard about this mission

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ULMarc

deadshark wrote: »
    I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown the first time I attempted the Zero RC plane mission. Then I found out it's A LOT easier if you get your pilot's license before attempting it.

Silly me wanting to do the missions as I got them.

Stall.... the ball.

How? That mission was pretty much a case of if you didn't zero in immediately on each plane you failed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

That RC mission in SA was the reason I stopped playing it oh so many years ago...If I had a PS" now I'd give it another whirl

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

RC plane mission too, absolute pain in the balls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

ULMarc wrote: »
    Stall.... the ball.

How? That mission was pretty much a case of if you didn't zero in immediately on each plane you failed.

I think he means that you have a lot more experience flying wise. Still a dog of a plane to control.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

how do you ge more experience in water for amphibious assault, like do you need more lung capacity or more time in the water

how do you ge more experience in water for amphibious assault, like do you need more lung capacity or more time in the water

Lung Capacity. Just keep diving under water. There is a great cut scene if it's not high enough that I only got a few years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Lung Capacity. Just keep diving under water. There is a great cut scene if it's not high enough that I only got a few years later.

where he gets bet in in a video game and woozie is blind

Advertisement