Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missions You Hate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

[walls=gnfnrhead;82673606]

Near the start? Use the helicopter to kill the guards with the blades. It's simple after that. Took me ages to figure it out but last time I played I had loads of time. Think you get something like six minutes? Whatever it was, I still had over half the time left. Thought I had missed one or something :pac:[/Quote]
    I'm just not very good at flying I keep crashing into the sides of the walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

the final mission in SA

Brilliant mission but extremely frustrating all the same, I got near enough towards the end when sweet is hanging off the fire truck but i couldn't catch him and i failed.

20 minutes wasted and back to the start, heartbreaking :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Two missions in LV in SA pissed me off. The one where you have to steal the freight helicopter got me as I had idea where the gunfire was coming from. Once I realised where all the soldiers were hiding, it was fine. Also, the mission for Wuzi where you take out the plastic chip mould pissed me off too.

I failed a few missions due to bugs on PC. The one where you save illegal immigrants from the triad ship in SF and burglary mission had me randomly dying for no reason. Bloody annoying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    aw that was a brilliant mission!
    I shot the girlfriend in the chin and then robbed a car to chase your man down. I lost him after about 30 seconds so i just drove around for about 5 minutes looking down alleys and shít for him, then he came out of nowhere, hit the side of my car and absolutely mangled himself. I calmly got out and executed the fúck out of him.

Makes me wanna play GTA iv again, i never got to finish the original one, only TLAD and TBOGT. they were excellent though.

Same with me. The fool bounced off my car and was an easy kill. I always use to let The girl live as she popped up in a side mission later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Anything with Lance Vance in Vice City, I was just a kid when it came out and he always died on me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

The dance mission in SA where you need to do fhytyhm dancing followedcby stealing the van. The worst thing about this was the fact that it was only open at a certain time. If you failed you had to wait a whole game day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Anything with Lance Vance in Vice City, I was just a kid when it came out and he always died on me :(

That helicopter one up to Starfish Island (the one with the film studio) used to take me forever. Last few play through's I've gotten it first or second time. The boat race was tough too because if you crash once you probably arent catching up.
    The dance mission in SA where you need to do fhytyhm dancing followedcby stealing the van. The worst thing about this was the fact that it was only open at a certain time. If you failed you had to wait a whole game day

Save the game a couple of times?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Seeing this post has put that f**King song in my head now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The side mission in GTA 3, Gripped where you had to do the time trial driving the Patriot up the side of cliff face and get all the checkpoints. Never did it. Only thing that prevented me from getting 100% in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

In Vice City the mission where you have to save Lance from the scrapyard.
    Being guarded by a small army and you have to save him before he bled out.

That feckin mission had me in tears as a gosson:D

I just ended up doing the cheat for the tank and just went in and blew every fuker up:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mick145

Flying school and Zero mission, cant remember which one but I think you have to drop bombs on vans with a RC helicopter?

I remember that being insanely hard

In Vice City the Mission where you have to blow up a building site with a helicopter, I remembed I could never pass that mission when I was younger but when I started playing again a few years ago I bet it in one try

Oh and nothing compares to that race mission for the Malibu club where you have to race that useless fat **** then he dies in the next mission....
    That was also a mission I could never beat on my first play through of the game and even on my second playthrough it took me LOADS of tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

mick145 wrote: »
    Oh and nothing compares to that race mission for the Malibu club where you have to race that useless fat **** then he dies in the next mission....
    That was also a mission I could never beat on my first play through of the game and even on my second playthrough it took me LOADS of tries.

That mission gave me trouble as well. I passed it on my sixth try but only because he crashed and got stuck. His car was a Sabre Turbo and you are given a Sentinel XS. That was bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

I've a feeling they made that mission a lot easier for the iOS port.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

i hate the mission in SA for the rc geek what ever his name was and you had to use the minigun to shoot the rc planes i still havent gotten any further than that in SA

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Speaking of races, that race against Wu Zi Mu in the country where you win the SF garage was a complete pain. I kept attempting to do it in a car that was modded for speed (nitro etc) and kept spinning out. Think I eventually either di it in a massive truck or the Voodoo car parked opposite Cesar's house in LS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

went back to play gta4, controls are so clunky.. the movement of your character compared to newer games is rubbish... the movement does'nt feel fluid, feels off... got to the last mission, and the game freezes.. took it out of my ps3 and put it back in its box, Ill never play it again..the game takes it self too serious.. got very boring.. hated the internet cafe, going on dates, bowling.... who wants to play bowling in a computer game...

i hate the mission in SA for the rc geek what ever his name was and you had to use the minigun to shoot the rc planes i still havent gotten any further than that in SA

It only gets worse after that. The next mission you have to fly an RC plane and use it to blow up a few vans. All before running out of fuel!

Then one more mission and you're done. All you get is 2000 a day from Zeros shop.

Short version: Not worth the hassle.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

A lot of the missions in SA were terrible tbh. Flying School, those missions where you've to fly for secret agent guy...

IMO, the game would have been much better if they'd cut most of the SF and LV missions out altogether and kept it focused on LS.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    A lot of the missions in SA were terrible tbh. Flying School, those missions where you've to fly for secret agent guy...

IMO, the game would have been much better if they'd cut most of the SF and LV missions out altogether and kept it focused on LS.

Just remembered that one where you have to fly from one corner to the other but stay below the radar. If you didnt get back down quick enough, you were done for. If you go down too quick, you crash. Annoying as fcuk, especially because it's literally fly from A to B, go through the checkpoint, play from B to A.

It only gets worse after that. The next mission you have to fly an RC plane and use it to blow up a few vans. All before running out of fuel!

Then one more mission and you're done. All you get is 2000 a day from Zeros shop.

Short version: Not worth the hassle.

can you skip zeros missions

• Advertisement

can you skip zeros missions

Well they have nothing to do with the story, so yes.
    All it means is the Z will stay on your map. Thank god. :D

but do you have to do them to get 2000 a day from his shop

but do you have to do them to get 2000 a day from his shop

Yes but I wouldnt worry about it too much, plenty of other opportunities for cash.

If you complete the driving school you can go on to buy Wang Cars (snigger :D) which will provide between 8 to 10 grand a day.
    The missions are a lot easier in my opinion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I loved the flying missions on pc, but they were a bit harder on console. The one that really bugged me was driving school gold. Getting that super gt across town and back, when you go quick in it, it just decides it's on ice and goes all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Most of these have probably been mentioned before, so apologies if they have been, but:

Even though it was an early mission, Demolition Man in Vice City drove me crazy for quite a while. The Driver was very hard too and I couldn't stand Dildo Dodo.

Supply Lines in San Andreas.

As you can see, the flying missions mostly for me.

so im havin my 3rd go at clearing SA and guess what im stuck on the wrong side of the god dam tracks, i now despise big smoke :mad:

so im havin my 3rd go at clearing SA and guess what im stuck on the wrong side of the god dam tracks, i now despise big smoke :mad:

Get ahead of the train and go to the left. There is a small bridge or something that makes a ramp up to the top of a building. When the train comes, simply drive on. It's tricky, but once you get on top, it'll be a case of hoping you have enough ammo because Big Smoke is still awful. Knowing that, made it so much easier for me.

Ah memories :D:( :mad:
    666952536.jpg?1349400336

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

The mission in SA where you had to do a dance off in order to steal the Speaker van.

Iirc on the original PS2 version you had to score 4000 points. It was a bit of a drive back and forth from burger shot to the beach and it could only be done between certain hours.

The score was halved when the Xbox edition came out.

• Advertisement

Most missions in SA with any bit of challenge in them were made exponentially less likable because of the size of the map. The replay mission text message in IV was a brilliant add-on if, like me, u suck @ vidja gayums. :o

Advertisement