Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling alone to Thailand

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    It is usually the wettest month. Just keep in mind that if you do decide to change your dates November and December is high season over there and things like hotels, day trips, transport, etc will be more expensive than they are during the summer.

My plan was to go for 8 weeks starting on the 7th of October but it's sounding like I might have to change it if Oct is the wettest month. Also, I want to be back in Ireland by Christmas so now I'll probably have to go for 4 or 5 weeks instead of 8 :( My own fault for getting so excited about the trip that I forgot to actually research thoroughly how the weather varies each month. I knew I'd be going over in rainy season, just didn't know it rained so much in October that it would ruin the experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

R019912 wrote: »
    My plan was to go for 8 weeks starting on the 7th of October but it's sounding like I might have to change it if Oct is the wettest month. Also, I want to be back in Ireland by Christmas so now I'll probably have to go for 4 or 5 weeks instead of 8 :( My own fault for getting so excited about the trip that I forgot to actually research thoroughly how the weather varies each month. I knew I'd be going over in rainy season, just didn't know it rained so much in October that it would ruin the experience

I was there for 2 weeks in October last year and it was grand. Some days the weather was amazing, some days the weather was cloudy and the odd time it rained. And by rain i mean it downpoured for a solid hour and was fine was the rest of the day.

October is a hit or miss month, its by no means a no-go month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

lc180 wrote: »
    I was there for 2 weeks in October last year and it was grand. Some days the weather was amazing, some days the weather was cloudy and the odd time it rained. And by rain i mean it downpoured for a solid hour and was fine was the rest of the day.

October is a hit or miss month, its by no means a no-go month

Yeah I've read that it's impossible to predict how the weather will actually be. To change to a different month is costing me 300 quid so it's a tough choice whether to still go or not. Another thing putting me off October is the fact that i'm a solo traveler and I'm gonna assume that the unpredictability of the weather means there will be a lot less people there for me to meet on my travels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 TourRadar

Hey,

Thailand is class, and there are so many people backpacking alone, you end up just making friends on the buses and in hostels!

There are backpacker tours that you can do as well though where you can meet a load of other people also travelling alone or in small groups and travel together!

Whatever way you decide your going to have an amazing time and your friends will all regret not having come with you in the end :)

Advertisement