Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever thanked an innocuous post?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

No

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

the innocuous post made in the galway traffic forum has about 12 thanks now, it was a good idea, the only criticism i have is that it was a post from a few hours ago and the people reading the thread may not see the thanks, what we need is a quickfire, fast hit on a very recent innocuous post

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

I like lamp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

donfers wrote: »
    the innocuous post made in the galway traffic forum has about 12 thanks now, it was a good idea, the only criticism i have is that it was a post from a few hours ago and the people reading the thread may not see the thanks, what we need is a quickfire, fast hit on a very recent innocuous post

This breathtaking review exploring the complexities and depth of Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones intricate relationship in Men in Black 3 deserves recognition. Especially considering he joined just to write it.

• Advertisement

We need a name. The Innocuous Strike Force? Dealing out recognition to those who hold the very fabric of boards together. Behind every great post likes ten innocuous ones, and their importance can never be underestimated...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

We need a name. The Innocuous Strike Force? Dealing out recognition to those who hold the very fabric of boards together. Behind every great post likes ten innocuous ones, and their importance can never be underestimated...

Perhaps use the groups feature on boards?

We should campaign for our own forum. It would work like the 'Spammer Notification Thread' in feedback, where we respond rapidly and efficiently to reports of banal, innocuous posts across the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Anyways...anyone who thanks this post has a tiny penis (even the girls).

well technically I suppose it is true.

My craving for apples has increased ten fold since reading this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Say what?

• Advertisement

Perhaps use the groups feature on boards?

Good initiative. You can be the brains of the operation. You'll need these, and these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I agree with Poster A. Apples are really nice. If I had an apple now I would eat it. I don't have an apple though. I might buy some apples in Tesco later. I'll buy some other things too. I'm not going to go to Tesco just to get apples. I'll definitely get some other stuff too. I hope I remember to get the apples because apples are really nice.
    fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

And so begins the Rory Gallagher Festival Weekend ! You may not see me for a while.

Thank if you think that's a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Trap is the man for the job

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I hate receiving thanks.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

This thread is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Packed snugly away in my backpack, secure and at ease, rested an Alienware laptop and an iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Good initiative. You can be the brains of the operation. You'll need these, and these.

And this...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

This breathtaking review exploring the complexities and depth of Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones intricate relationship in Men in Black 3 deserves recognition. Especially considering he joined just to write it.

Made my day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm so great I should get all the thanks :)

P.S. There's cake, don't know where it is but I'll find it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

You know, if someone posts something that is of no real interest, is dull, lacking in insight, cliched or just some kind of nothing throwaway comment and you then proceed to thank that comment - i do it sometimes and it amuses me greatly and i think more of us should do it

for example

Poster A "I like eating fruits, especially apples"

So basically pity thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

You know, if someone posts something that is of no real interest, is dull, lacking in insight, cliched or just some kind of nothing throwaway comment and you then proceed to thank that comment - i do it sometimes and it amuses me greatly and i think more of us should do it
    Why? Its a bit.. you know, stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

My cat's breath smells like thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

how do i thank a post?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

never mind, i found out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

how do i thank a post?
    Best not take it up, it's a dirty habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I do

I feel so durty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Please thank the shit out of this post, if you don't the baby jesus will cry.

Advertisement