Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Galway K9 wrote: »
    OK, so....they're off good quality then?

My Jane Asher Spud Masher begs to differ ... even if it flexes a little

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Have lots of cables, including network, scart, USB, audio and HDMI in use for years. Only thing I've found rubbish is the earphones, but even then for the money they've got me home.

i tried the HDMI and it was rubbish (came apart) very slow speeds.
    Scart a pin broke after a month but ya if it keeps its ok.

Dealz operates like Pound world and 2 euro shops etc, theyre cheap as theyre not good quality and only will last a short amount of time, so you keep going back in, thinking your saving but in long run spending more.

If you spend more on a quality item, you get a great length of time out of it, even years.

I know i will loose this argument as loads love the place :(

styron wrote: »
    My Jane Asher Spud Masher begs to differ ... even if it flexes a little

Ok, the 64 million dollar question, if they sold condoms in there, would you trust them!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Ok, the 64 million dollar question, if they sold condoms in there, would you trust them!:D

They do! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

i tried the HDMI and it was rubbish (came apart) very slow speeds.
    Scart a pin broke after a month but ya if it keeps its ok.

Dealz operates like Pound world and 2 euro shops etc, theyre cheap as theyre not good quality and only will last a short amount of time, so you keep going back in, thinking your saving but in long run spending more.

If you spend more on a quality item, you get a great length of time out of it, even years.

I know i will loose this argument as loads love the place :(

What were you using your HDMI cable for? :confused:

• Advertisement

They do! Lol

Are they like the CD's....reconditioned?
    What were you using your HDMI cable for?
    Laptop to TV connection...movies and games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I thought if the HDMI cable, (particularly a short ish one) worked, it worked, being digital and all. Breakage I can see, but slow speeds I find surprising. I have a couple of HDMI cables from pound shops, and had no problems with them. You are absolutely right about some of the toys etc, but they also have cheap crafty bits that are no worse than what you'd buy in Argos or a toy shop for a couple of euro more. Bought foil baking trays for a couple of quid cheaper than you'd get in Tesco too.

I think its a matter of picking and choosing what you buy in these kinds of shops, some things as you say are of very poor quality, some perhaps don't really work out cheaper than "normal" shops, but there are decent things at decent prices to be had as well.

They do! Lol

Occasionally for sale by the till in a 2 Euroshop near me ... talk about 'the past is a foreign country' :pac:

It's horses for courses - if the cables are to be left in place undisturbed (as most are) they're fine. If they're under strain or frequently reconnected a lengthier slightly better build quality for sensible money eg. Lidl adjustable angle plugs or those rocking horse crap rare Dealz Belkin 3M's makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I bought Jane Asher measuring spoon set. I'm happy with the quality and price. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Its horses for courses with the Dealz. The best value in there by far for an everyday item is the 1.2kg sugar for €1.19 however avoid the generically named washing up liquid like the plague - utterly useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

kn wrote: »
    Its horses for courses with the Dealz. The best value in there by far for an everyday item is the 1.2kg sugar for €1.19 however avoid the generically named washing up liquid like the plague - utterly useless.

Maybe I am a sucker. But anything other than fairy is a waste of time. Picked up the persil washing up liquid thinking it was a safe bet. Could hardly get a lather at all from it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Maybe I am a sucker. But anything other than fairy is a waste of time. Picked up the persil washing up liquid thinking it was a safe bet. Could hardly get a lather at all from it.
    Magnum in Aldi
    Aldi bursts Fairy’s bubble in washing-up liquid rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

I was the same but gave the original Magnum washing up liquid in Aldi a try as it had Good Housekeeping Awards, and have to say it's easily as good as Fairy in my opinion plus it's around 89c. Previously I too would only use Fairy

snubbleste wrote: »

Might give a whirl for the sake of science.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I picked up a belkin hdmi cable 1.5m in the cork shop on Saturday for €1.49. can't fault it

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭chefwes

Out a principal refused to pay apples robbery prices for a new iPhone 5 cable so popped into dealz in mullingar and bingo €1.50 for a cable and I haven't looked back since ðŸ˜႒

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

snubbleste wrote: »

now all you need to do is post this the aldi thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Yea very slow speeds? They'll only fail if you **** about with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

chefwes wrote: »
    Out a principal refused to pay apples robbery prices for a new iPhone 5 cable so popped into dealz in mullingar and bingo €1.50 for a cable and I haven't looked back since ðŸ˜႒

They don't last long particularly if
    You move them about a lot but great if you just want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

murphf wrote: »
    They don't last long particularly if
    You move them about a lot but great if you just want

To not spend €20 on a proper one that particular day!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

mac.in wrote: »
    I bought Jane Asher measuring spoon set. I'm happy with the quality and price. :)

I bought those too. Never again will I turn the air blue with frustration when I try to bake something from a recipe on an American site and struggle to work out wtf an 1/8 of a cup is in grams. Very useful as my toddler is taking an interest in baking with me and I'd like to keep his vocabulary limited to non swear words for as long as possible. Well worth €1.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yamanoto wrote: »

That does get a mention! Plus his interactions (or maybe lack of) with Paxman.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Frys chocolate cream bars are 4 for 1.49 49gram bars.

http://www.dealz.ie/4pk-frys-chocolate-cream

these are rarely on offer anywhere.

Its €1.25 for a single one in tesco, 4 pack is 3.29.

The other day it was a highlighted offer with "while stocks last" on it, so dunno if it will be about for long. The site no longer makes out like its special.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

rubadub wrote: »

The other day it was a highlighted offer with "while stocks last" on it, so dunno if it will be about for long. The site no longer makes out like its special.

The Fry's Turkish (pink wrapper) are on sale for the same price too. These fly out the door. Most people I saw were buying multiples of each.

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    The Fry's Turkish (pink wrapper) are on sale for the same price too. These fly out the door. Most people I saw were buying multiples of each.

Two of my favourites there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

rubadub wrote: »

Worth travelling for those.....i'd get up in the night for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do they taste alright though? I always get all excited when I see the price of junk food in Dealz but then as I go to fill up my basket I remember all the times Ive bought food in there and got it home only for it to taste like a completely different product to what you'd buy in an Irish shop in the same packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thargor wrote: »
    Do they taste alright though?
    well I have demolished about 6 so far and they taste lovely to me -too fecking nice.

It's honestly maybe 10 years since I had one. I really only every buy bars on offer, this is why I knew this was a rarity. I used to really like them and they taste how I remember.

I am often in doubt of the quality myself so sometimes I buy 1 pack or 1 item of whatever, go outside and taste it and head back in to get more.

I have noticed in dun laoghaire that the other €2 type shops have dropped a lot of their prices to €1 or €1.50. There is an icecube tray in dealz for 1.49 which is €1 across the road in euro giant.

I have not got one but it looks like a good idea, hard plastic and soft silicone.

IC27_2-b.jpg

When dealz first arrived it if stuff was in other shops it was usually the same price or more. Now I know to shop around. I sometimes take photos in shops as a reminder.

wayyyy off topic fact
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fry's_Chocolate_Cream
    Fry's Chocolate Cream was one of the first chocolate bars ever produced, launched in 1866

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Going to get some frys today, I love the stuff. I dont suppose they have the peppermint or orange cream as well?

Advertisement