Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why get a tattoo ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I used to get images that ment something to me and I thought would symbolise something. But honestly with each tattoo I can recall what was happening in my life at the moment, so now I just pick a design I like that may have nothing to do with the memory except that it was done then. Some still have a little something to do with my likes and hobbies, but I don't give it as much thought

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wendypearl

Stars on my foot because it is simple

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Purdy colours :D

3 of my tattoos have a little meaning behind them, but tbh that was a bonus, I love them all for what they are :D Still haven't gotten around to getting my next one, damn ulster bank not paying me! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Cause I carry the reminders of every glove that laid me down or cut me till I cried out in my anger and my shame.

^.^

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I have four at the momment, two have meaning to me, one was my first tattoo and kinda done for the sake of it because I had always wanted one but promised the mother id at least wait till I was 18, and one was on holiday and I saw the shop got one done simple as that.

My next one which im due to begin in September doesnt have any deep meaning to it but will be film inspired and a big piece only because my love of films being mulling over the idea for over a year and will be a big piece cant wait to get started even if its going down my ribcage and wil ltake at least four sittings :o. After that ill go back and finish my half sleeve and I already have plans in my head for possibilities after that :D.

I get them done purely not for any feel to be different but because ever since a young age Ive been drawn to tattoos to this day I can spend hours looking at tattoos and appreciating them whether it be on someone I know or browsing the net looking at artists portfolios. You either love them or hate them but most people even those that cant stand them can look at a good well done proper tattoo and admire the work, skill and art of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm not too big on the deep personal significance brigade when it comes to tattoos, I get them because they are both big and clever.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

I don't care what your stance on tattoos is, but do not use this forum for your trolling efforts, or to insult people.

Continue this and you will be banned.
    You don't know what my stance on tattoos is nor did you understand my post. But you seem to have (in your ignorance) judged my post anyway, that is a pretty stupid thing to do .
    If you don't cop on and grow up you will receive an Infraction.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

DuPLeX wrote: »
    You don't know what my stance on tattoos is nor did you understand my post. But you seem to have (in your ignorance) judged my post anyway, that is a pretty stupid thing to do .
    If you don't cop on and grow up you will receive an Infraction.

Youve just threatened a mod of the forum who warned you with an infraction :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But for arguing with a mod on thread Im issuing you an infraction!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Youve just threatened a mod of the forum who warned you with an infraction :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But for arguing with a mod on thread Im issuing you an infraction!

Friend , i apologise pUbliCly.
    and i'll Keep my posts in line with mY Own limited Understanding of the discssion at hand.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

DuPLeX wrote: »
    Friend , i apologise pUbliCly.
    and i'll Keep my posts in line with mY Own limited Understanding of the discssion at hand.:D

Capitalizing certain letters to show your real reply? Not so clever.
    Three month ban for arguing with mod decisions, and personal abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I have 9 tattoos and I got them all done for different reasons! some as simple as I just loved the artwork! I got my first when I was 17! (10 yrs ago now haha) I did it just to have one done! all my uncles are tattoo'd and I guess I did it to be cool to them and my peers! I probably regret the design now but id never change it or get it removed because it represents who I was at that period in time!! same with all my tattoos really (not regretting the design but representing my mind frame at that point in my life!)! I'll prob continue to get them done as long as I have free skin to ink!! haha

Getting my Next one done tomorrow!! cant wait :D

Advertisement