Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What life path did you choose? I'm street kid and started with a car but can't remember how i got it, definitely didn't buy it. If you press the car shortcut button to summon a car you own, is there anything listed there? If not, maybe you just need to finish the prologue.

Nomad, also started with a car but the AI cab company you use during the heist wrecked it when I went to pick it up from the garage after the heist at the start of Act 2.

I spent the cash so the only car I can summon is the one I bought. Odd thing to happen as you can't just steal any car you see. Though it does set up a questline for the AI cabs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you do the quests for the AI cab you get your car back after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can you not steal just any car? I was robbing left right and centre when I was playing it. Completed the AI car missions and then had the OG back. Then stopped playing...

Ah that's it, they replace/repair your car for you. After the heist, you'll get call from a certain lady which will lead to a free vehicle also, one i used for more than half the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah you can rob pretty much any car. Having your own car means you can call it and it will show up in front of you. Handy when you are in the middle of nowhere

I'm missing something so, I was only able to rob cars parked up at the point I'm at.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Nothing tops the Caliburn, especially the black model you pick up for free in a cave after one of Panams quests

I went looking for that just yesterday, finished queen of the highway and why up and down that tunnel whole watching a YouTube video about the location and nothing. Looks like i might have to wait 24 hours or something after driving through it, will try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They changed that, the big update has you needing to be street cred 40 for it to spawn.

• Advertisement

Ah cool thanks, saves me wasting time :) I'm level 30 something so happy to keep plugging away in my Quaddro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Is there a way to quick change grenade types? At the moment I'm going into the inventory and doing it there but thats a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Cordell

Immediately after you are made car-less you can start the Jackie memorial service mission which will result in you getting his bike so you won't be pedestrian for too long.

It turns out theres a bug with that mission you get to go to the cab company for compo. I had it pop up as completed last night and again just there and now have my car back. I think what triggered it was getting close to one of the rogue cab locations, the next time I called my car the original was back on the list.

Just finished The Hunt with River, what a brilliant mission!

The main problem I have with it and I'm really surprised it hasn't been fixed by now is the audio balance when in the car. The engine is too loud and the radio is too quiet.

Over all though I'm enjoying the characters and dialogue and the voice acting is very good. I'm happy to listen to then as opposed to some other games where I'd wish them get on with it.

For some reason unknown to me I've not bothered to spend any of the attribute or perk points I've earned I've 14 and 15 of them just sat there lol

I was similar with the attribute and perk points. Couldn't decide on attributes and only upgraded them if a mission required a certain level. Then with Perks, i could never decide which ones to go with. Some very useful ones but a ton of crap. Have to remind myself every once in a while to spend my points.

When it comes to leg augs, would ye recommend the double jump or the charged jump?

Pretty much just spent the attributes to get a certain perk or group of perks rather than spending them for the bonuses they gave. For second playthrough the lack of tech ability and intelligence hit me a few times for skill checks for things.

@Zero-Cool

double jump, it's more useful as while it's not as high you can use it on the run and if you fall from a moderate height (doesn't work if too high). Would make a save and test each and then see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Started this (again) last night. Only did half an hour or so, completed the 4 training modules and stopped before the next mission kicks off. Didn't make it past maybe 3 hours previously (back when it was first released) so interested to see if this holds my interest this time. I heard they revamped a lot of the perks/abilities systems so hopefully that helps, as even just looking at those screens previously annoyed me.

Going to try the more hacker/tech side of things rather than gunplay as the shooting still feels kinda awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Cordell

>>I heard they revamped a lot of the perks/abilities systems

It looks just as convoluted as ever, getting and spending upgrade and perk points feels like a chore to me, not a reward. Like, every time I get points I'm like ffs I have to go in there again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Hacking makes the game trivial after you get powerful enough but it is a tonne of fun. Don't just spend all the points on quickhacks though, make sure to spend them on the ICE hacks too. Nothing better than approaching an enemy base and turning all their turrets against them whilst also reducing their health and resistances all in one go.

I wasn't full hacking on first playthrough but a lot, and standing back and taking control before heading to finish off any remaining with an assortment of different handguns.

Second playthrough I was still using handguns a bit for the odd stealth kill if it's too far but 80% is sword and knives trying to go full Gunslinger Ninja, was a bit weak at the start and died a bit if everything didn't go just right or I got caught out in the open but after a short while I could sprint through a base snapping necks, throwing knives, and critically hitting with sword on slides. I'd slow-mo when seen, and when I'd slide or dodge, and when I chose to. Also had the cloak for in-between. Bonus damage and armour when sprinting too with different guarantees to get crits at times.

The amount of time I'd be messing with hacks on first run before doing anything compared to just tearing through enemies without them usually ever getting the alarm raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Is Contagion still as powerful as it was? Just got a series X and I'm playing through again (first time was base PS4 at 102 hours 🤣).

Haven't even done the setup for the heist yet so doing side missions and ncpd hustles but don't wanna waste the points on quickhack if it's no longer viable.

Have gotten to pretty much the same place as where I previously gave up, where you get the military thing from Royce. I'm still not feeling it. Tried to hack my way out of the place but when things went wrong it's impossible. Far too cumbersome and just not fun. The shooting doesn't feel great either. The driving is awful and the story and characters just feel meh.

I appreciate that I'm not far into the game and a lot of these things probably improve, but I'm also not sure I want to spend the time required to get there.

I might check out some videos of mid-game gameplay to see what it's like, see how things pick up in terms of abilities and what you can do.

I'm near the end I think, I stuck pretty much to the main story doing very little of the side stuff which is unusual for me. Story is decent, I didn't mind the missions and the voice talent is decent.

The world is a massive let down, no life to it at all for the most part. The driving feels unrealistic especially on the bikes and traffic too sparse. I mentioned the engine drowning out the radio so can't even tell you what the sound track was like and I did a bit of driving largely ignoring fast travel as I know there is an achievement/trophy for finding all the fast travel points so had that in mind but not sure ill bother with them.

I still have no idea what I want to do with the excess skill points I have and have got by fine on the few I've used largely to do a skill/speech check

It's a shame, the game could have been great but it still lacks the polish and finesse many others in it's field have with less time and effort spent on them. At no point did I want to stop and explore the city which is a massive failure in an open world game for me. I don't want to be totally negative it has been worth playing for the story and I will do the side stuff as the characters were interesting enough to me.

Oh I did encounter a nice nod to GTA:SA at a train tunnel, that was funny.

Yeah I think I'm going to bow out. Game just isn't for me. Not enjoying the story, or the pacing and presentation of it (generally dislike stories in first-person view anyway because half of cutscenes are people walking around out of your view meaning you've to keep tracking them). Half of my 90-minutes last night were cutscenes where it didn't really matter what I said or did, there was an action scene where I'm sure if I did nothing other than just heal without bothering to shoot it would have played out the exact same, and at least 5 hours into the game at this stage I feel like no upgrades or weapons or anything have made the slightest difference to anything (and are all needlessly cumbersome and convoluted). The open world is shockingly bad and just nothing is appealing to me from a gameplay perspective.

Disappointing. A few graphical bugs noted here and there, but even with no performance issues, this game is a bit of a dud for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's easily one of the worst levelling / upgrade systems I've ever encountered in a game. Going into the menus was always a chore, with few worthwhile rewards.

I wholly agree on the open world as well. It may be a graphical marvel on PC particularly, but it counts for very little when it's all surface level. Earlier open world games such as GTAIV offer more convincing and 'alive' cities IMO - not to mention The Witcher 3, which is on an entirely different level to this.

• Advertisement

Even just the layout of the open world, with the amount of overpasses & underpasses. At one point after finishing a mission I had to return to Jackie, so followed the route it gave me. I was about 120m from him. Then 350m from him. Then 140m from him. Then 220m from him. Then eventually got to him. But none of it looks in any way distinct or noticeable. Similar when on foot.

I can barely even think of anything happening on the street. Outside my apartment there were cops banging on another apartment door. For a few days in game. Now that I've progressed the next part of the story, they're now standing there with a guy handcuffed on the ground. But they're not doing anything. They're just there. Even in the nightclub thing I had to go to for one mission, everyone is just... there. It's not awful, but it just feels bland.

Advertisement