Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of Waterford Nature Park this Friday

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Normally I'd agree with you, but from what I'm told you would have to go looking for these signs to see them. You think they would at least do one walk around before closing the gates to say "Sorry folks, gates are closing in 30 minutes, please move your cars"

Well in that instance yes it should be clearly posted but i bet some folks would still end up parking later than the actually are permitted to do, i havent been there yet so i dont know how well its sign posted but at the same time some folks do take the piss and will try and get away with parking anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Anyone know if the park gates close at 17:30 each day like it says on the sign? just curious as it seems a bit early with the bright evenings now

Anyone know if the park gates close at 17:30 each day like it says on the sign? just curious as it seems a bit early with the bright evenings now

No it doesn't close at half 5 normally about half 9.

For the first year or two they would change the sign in the summer to say it closes at 10 and in the winter they would change the sign to say it closes at 17:30. They seem to be not to bothered to change the times any more though and they just leave the winter opening times up all year round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

No it doesn't close at half 5 normally about half 9.

For the first year or two they would change the sign in the summer to say it closes at 10 and in the winter they would change the sign to say it closes at 17:30. They seem to be not to bothered to change the times any more though and they just leave the winter opening times up all year round.

Thanks,i was down there Sunday evening around 6pm and there was 2 cars locked in and one car locked in the Kingfisher car park,just wanted to be sure myself that i wont be locked in some evening.

Thanks,i was down there Sunday evening around 6pm and there was 2 cars locked in and one car locked in the Kingfisher car park,just wanted to be sure myself that i wont be locked in some evening.

Oh crap I mean its open until 10 on weekdays, on weekends it closes at half 5 all year round. Basically I think it opens Kingfisher hours on the summer and in the winter it closes earlier because it gets dark earlier.

So to the best of my knowledge:
    Weekdays open until half 9-10
    Weekends closes either half 5 or 6.

• Advertisement
Advertisement