Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening of Waterford Nature Park this Friday

Options
  • 30-05-2012 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

If you are you free on Friday afternoon - why not come along to the opening of Waterford Nature Park?
    The President of Ireland Michael D. Higgins will officially open the park at 4pm, but come earlier as there's lots to do - the gates will open at 2pm, family activities start at 3pm.

Entrance is FREE and ALL ARE WELCOME!

Entrance to Waterford Nature Park is at Kingfisher Club on the Tramore Road.

Hope to see you all there :)

www.facebook.com/waterfordnaturepark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 marianneh79

Might be a silly question.. But are dogs welcome?.. On a leash of course..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Excellent. a great addition to the city. Well done all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

Is there parking available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Yeah I would also like to know can I bring the doggies for a walkies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

SheFiend wrote: »
    Is there parking available?

They must be using the Kingfisher car park.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Hope they'll get the weather for it... (someone had to say it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Waterford Blaa

Not a silly question at all!

Yes, dogs on a leash are welcome.

Woof

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Not a silly question at all!

Yes, dogs on a leash are welcome.

Woof

I hope they clean up if their dog makes a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Anyone head out for a look today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

yeah I thought it was a lovely place... lovely tarmac patht the whole way round with workout stations dotted around it..will definitely be going back soon

lovely bit of peace and quiet out there

well done everyone involved

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Am I right that you can access the park via the Tramore road at the Kingfisher Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

Yes you can drive in through the Kingfisher entrance, and theres a private carpark specifically for the park beyond the cafe/creche area... but you can only access this during the kingfishers opening hours - there are pedestrian entrances on the Tramore road open 24/7.

Went out there today - thought its lovely, nice and quiet. It will be a few years before it reaches its full potential and the trees are fully grown, but hats off to the city council - a brilliant amenity.

I dont think its open 24/7

the lads were putting up a opening hours sign when I was there, think it was something like mon-sat 6am- 9pm (or 10) , sun 10-6 (same for bank hols)

should really pay closer attention

sorry guys

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

Typhoon. wrote: »
    I dont think its open 24/7

the lads were putting up a opening hours sign when I was there, think it was something like mon-sat 6am- 9pm (or 10) , sun 10-6 (same for bank hols)

should really pay closer attention

sorry guys

:(

Thats the time for the car park - they are leaving the pedestrian entrances on the Tramore Road open 24/7 afaik

the only thing i'd be worried about is in parts its awful secluded .. I heard 2 women comment today they wouldn't walk there alone....

2 or 3 times today when we were walking around it felt like we were the only ones in the place , though it was only for 10-20 sec,and that was with lots of people in the park, after that you turned a bend and seen more people.... but I could see why a woman would be nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭waterfordkick

just wondering will there be 24 hour security for the park and is there lights on paths for the night time. hope there is security for nightfall or there will be groups of youngsters having a great place to hang out and mess up
    Well done to everyone involved with the project. fantastic job !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

You'd think they'd have a few photos on their facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Went to the park on Saturday before it started raining. Looks like a fine job! It's got that real bare look on it right now, but wait until everything starts growing and it becomes a bit more wild. It will really be something.

It should be starting to mature right around the time I'm due to kick the bucket! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭decies

First time visitor today small walls nice on top of park, needs bedded flowers to add colour and maybe a fountain or two . Still nice addition to city .

decies wrote: »
    First time visitor today small walls nice on top of park, needs bedded flowers to add colour and maybe a fountain or two . Still nice addition to city .

You'd think you'd take a few photos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

HERE

2012_06_04_144037.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭decies

Lol I did but mobile boards is not uploading photographs friendly , plus it was serious overcast casting an eerie depression over the photographs .

HERE

2012_06_04_144037.jpg

Stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Look's like an old dump to me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Kingfisher are doing there nut over everyone using their car park. It was full Monday and only a handful inside. there is a car park for the park further in a few signs would fix it.

The park itself looks a bit barren now but give it time. And those steps up to the park itself look a bit daunting for anyone not very fit or old folk.

But good luck to the council - they are making a silk purse out of a pigs ear! Pity Europe is not still lashing money our way - we'd have a nature reserve there.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I was coming outta the park at about 6:30 earlier and the car park gates were closed with about 10 cars still locked inside.
    Now I know there are a few signs there saying the park closes at 6 but to do that to so many people is bang out of order. The main gates to the kingfisher were locked aswell so I doubt anyone was getting out.
    What a way to get people to go their from around the south east if there going to lock people's cars inside.

My mam just came back there and said the same thing as yourself, nearly word for word!

They were talking to the people who got locked in. Rang the guards but they said they would have to contact someone from the corporation first and get back to them.

Theres even one woman with her car currently locked in the Kingfisher car park, between the two gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I was cracking over it and me car wasn't even in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

In all fairness if the the times are posted up about the closing times then they have every right to close them at that time regardless of any cars there...i mean what do you expect the staff there to do? do they go ask everybody using the park do they have a car parked in the car park........if people are stupid enough to think the gates wont close at the stated time then fool for them.

• Advertisement

S28382 wrote: »
    In all fairness if the the times are posted up about the closing times then they have every right to close them at that time regardless of any cars there...i mean what do you expect the staff there to do? do they go ask everybody using the park do they have a car parked in the car park........if people are stupid enough to think the gates wont close at the stated time then fool for them.
    Normally I'd agree with you, but from what I'm told you would have to go looking for these signs to see them. You think they would at least do one walk around before closing the gates to say "Sorry folks, gates are closing in 30 minutes, please move your cars"

Advertisement