Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting Deodorant Advertisement.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I once attended a help group for premature ejaculators.

But found myself sitting alone in an empty conference room

I soon realised that I had came too late early.

*gets coat*

FYJ

I'm trying to remember the name of the film that Grace Jones was in as the Director of the Company and she wanted to make a deodorant called Steel Vagina. After much debating with the marketing people who happened to be all men, she ripped of her panties and threw them at one fella shouting "That's how it should smell".

Sounds tacky but it was all done very tastefully imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Who the **** wears linx:confused:

It's a portable shower for the dregs of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭The Master of Disaster

Wait this thread isn't a joke :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

arynne wrote: »

Would women, for example, tolerate an advertisement for a perfume that made facetious reference to vaginismus?

[/FONT]

It's bad enough watching menstruation ads, you want ones for vaginismus too?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Feeona wrote: »
    It's bad enough watching menstruation ads, you want ones for vaginismus too?:eek:

I hate the ad for canesten - keep your itching to yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Probably deliberately disgusting in order to seek public attention.

United Colors of Benetton have been at this game since the early 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Same thing with the donedeal advert. Taking the piss outta dudes is totally OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

chin_grin wrote: »
    The OP doth protest too much methinks.

Sounds like it touched a nerve if you ask me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

If this is what happenes when they start rebranding Africa, i want no part of it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Thats the way it is nowadays, young white straight men are the last group that advertisers can make fun of without being un PC.

anyone else it can be deemed as racism,agism,sexism,anti religios prejudice ...etc ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The TV stations and the people in charge of Advertising Standards make me sick.
    Did you make a complaint?

The last ad I was surprised to be let through was the lindt one with the airport security wanting to strip search the tennis player. I read some victims of sexual abuse did put in complaints about it. If it was 2 sleazy men threatening to strip search anna kournikova there is no way it would have even been considered to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Clearly, for the OP, a nerve got touched ... lucky it wasn't a muscle he would have shot his wad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

...permanently destroy human relationships...

But the bestial ones are ok, right? RIGHT?

Advertisement