Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting Deodorant Advertisement.

Options
  • 29-05-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Unilever must surely now have hit rock bottom with their latest Lynx Deodorant advertisement. This TV commercial talks about "premature perspiration" and how to prevent it. This is a despicable attack on already vulnerable men.

The creators of this crass insult know full well that there is a common sexual dysfunction that affects many men. In fact "premature ejaculation" is the commonest of all sexual dysfunctions. There is nothing funny about it. It can, if not properly treated, permanently destroy human relationships, reduce a man’s confidence to zero and drive him to suicide.

Would women, for example, tolerate an advertisement for a perfume that made facetious reference to vaginismus? Of course they would not. But, because we are only men, it does not matter. No, according to Unilever, you can laugh away at men’s sexual dysfunction!

These people make me sick. Unilever make me sick. The slick copy writers who came up with this commercial make me sick. The TV stations and the people in charge of Advertising Standards make me sick. They should all be deeply ashamed of themselves. Is there no bottom to the pits of depravation into which they seem so readily to crawl in the name of vulgar commerce?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

arynne wrote: »
    commonest

???

and i laughed my arse off at that ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

R&R that way ->

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Cheap plug of a website?
    Likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Is there no bottom to the pits of depravation into which they seem so readily to crawl in the name of vulgar commerce?

How very Victorian of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

They were shown a long time ago... but yes smack of double standards all the same, but I think you'll find it's actually aimed at men, so basically it's men laughing at.....men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

pits of depravation

lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

The OP doth protest too much methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

*googles vaginismus*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I preferred the one with the angels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

im sure the doc could give you something for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

The ad is a bit of a flop alright.....it requires a stiffer moral tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

There are treatments available OP, you can get help for your problem these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

OP, you wouldn't happen to be one of these "many men" would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

You don't happen to suffer from premature ejaulation, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Two jonnys and a moth with a gee like a yawning hippo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Lynx, meh Mynx more like :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

OP is a drag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

OP, seen the ad and agree but you won't get the discussion you're looking for here as men complaining about such things (and those seen to be agreeing with 'em) are seen as weak and therefore, unmanly (worst nightmare for those among us wanting to impress our female regulars).

Incidentally, the Club Orange 'Some Bits Are Crucial' commercial was more reprehensible, only on that occasion it used impotence as a punchline.

I suggest you post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Unilever must surely now have hit rock bottom with their latest Lynx Deodorant advertisement. This TV commercial talks about "premature perspiration" and how to prevent it. This is a despicable attack on already vulnerable men.

The creators of this crass insult know full well that there is a common sexual dysfunction that affects many men. In fact "premature ejaculation" is the commonest of all sexual dysfunctions. There is nothing funny about it. It can, if not properly treated, permanently destroy human relationships, reduce a man’s confidence to zero and drive him to suicide.

Would women, for example, tolerate an advertisement for a perfume that made facetious reference to vaginismus? Of course they would not. But, because we are only men, it does not matter. No, according to Unilever, you can laugh away at men’s sexual dysfunction!

These people make me sick. Unilever make me sick. The slick copy writers who came up with this commercial make me sick. The TV stations and the people in charge of Advertising Standards make me sick. They should all be deeply ashamed of themselves. Is there no bottom to the pits of depravation into which they seem so readily to crawl in the name of vulgar commerce?

You're female, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

ok i really didnt think op was being serious.
    Its an ad ffs.
    get over it.
    people that get offended this easily must live in constant misery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Isn't there a Personal Issues forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

wait Nadia...

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Come again,

Just not so quick this time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Bentest whimpiest moaniest thread ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I didn't like the ad either, though it certainly didn't bother me enough to start a thread about it. I don't suffer from the dysfunction alluded to - it's just that the ad isn't as funny as it seems to think it is.

There are far more irritating ads out there at the moment though.
    This c***ing thing
    for example, which pops up quite loudly before all the youtube videos I'm trying to watch these days, has ensured that I will never purchase a KIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Decent rant OP but you finished too quick, you could have went on for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I once attended a help group for premature ejaculators.

But found myself sitting alone in an empty conference room

I soon realised that I had came too late.

*gets coat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I am going sweat this one out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

No need to blow your load OP

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Who the **** wears linx:confused:

Advertisement