Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Club membership in Cork City

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

normanbond wrote: »
    Any good deals in Cork or munster counties for annual membership?

Anyone know if there is still entrance or hello money in Killarney at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Domo1982 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is still entrance or hello money in Killarney at the moment?

Yes there is, it works out at about €800, but I'm can't confirm as I'm not privy to what the current members pay per year.
    http://www.killarneygolfclub.ie/membership-2/

Ring of Kerry G.C. near Kenmare is only €250 per year, not that's serious value, information here

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭paulos53

I don't see anything about it on their website but I got an email recently from Cobh about an offer for new members. Here is some of the relevant sections of the email
    Cobh Golf Club is now offering membership to new members at €420 until the end of the 2016 season. (Sept 30th 2016). This offer is open to all new members and past members who have left their membership lapse for more than 2 years. This offer is available on the basis that payment is made in advance at the time of joining.
    The club has also entered into a “Reciprocal Golf” programme with four partnering golf clubs across Ireland. It is now possible for all members of Cobh Golf Club to play golf in the following clubs mid-week at no cost. The Clubs participating in the programme are Athlone Golf Club, Ballyneety Golf Club, Rush Golf Club & Waterford Golf Club. Please Contact our Pro Dave for full details.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

paulos53 wrote: »
    I don't see anything about it on their website but I got an email recently from Cobh about an offer for new members. Here is some of the relevant sections of the email

Gosh that's a fab deal! Never heard of a reciprocal arrangement like that....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

Gosh that's a fab deal! Never heard of a reciprocal arrangement like that....

It's not really. That's the same rate as a regular member but they are giving you 7 months for the price of 6. Cobh is €70 a month if paying via direct or €65 if you pay your membership in full in one lump sum so to speak.

As you have to pay in full to avail of this offer, the cost is as stated 420 euro. Without the offer the cost until 30th September would be 460 euro. Hardly the greatest of offers with all due respect.

• Advertisement

bailey99 wrote: »
    It's not really. That's the same rate as a regular member but they are giving you 7 months for the price of 6. Cobh is €70 a month if paying via direct or €65 if you pay your membership in full in one lump sum so to speak.

As you have to pay in full to avail of this offer, the cost is as stated 420 euro. Without the offer the cost until 30th September would be 460 euro. Hardly the greatest of offers with all due respect.

Great offer with the reciprocal arrangement!
    Agree with u that it's not a great savings on sub fee...

Any other clubs got a reciprocal golf arrangement?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Was recently quoted 424e for membership of Fermoy till end of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭valoren

Youghal is €399 introductory membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

Any other clubs got a reciprocal golf arrangement?

Powerscourt have the following which is quite decent especially the guest part

Reciprocal Agreements with other clubs
    A Member can play for €25 and his/her guest can play at reciprocal club’s member guest rate

Carton House
    The Heritage
    Mount Juliet
    Mount Wolseley
    Waterford Castle
    Lough Erne – a Member can play for STG £35

Castle have it two with a number of other Colt designed courses (mostly abroad) http://www.castlegc.ie/members-section/reciprocal-clubs-.10101.ht

A lot of the "Royal" clubs have some reciprocal agreement too, again mostly international. I remember a friend from Royal Dublin getting out and playing Royal Melbourne.

• Advertisement
Advertisement