Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sieghardt wrote: »
    I've played them all, if there's anything you want to know, ask away.

looking forward to Ar nosurge as the battle system is quite interesting, you can use heavy attacks to "break" enemies that are about to attack, giving you another turn. It's slightly similar to Grandia's critical system

Should I just start with this one or go back play the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Should I just start with this one or go back play the rest?

You would get more out of it if you went back and played the rest, there are references and returning characters that will mean a lot more if you've played the others.

That said, they arent so deeply linked that you cant just play and enjoy this one if you want to. So, it's better to play the rest but not necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

NIS have really ****ed up with their EU store, charging €75 for the likes of Danganronpa 2 when it was just €42 on its US store, they are charging even more for Fairy Fencer, also if you pre order from the store they will take the money straight out of your account.

Sony are doing a Big in Japan sale starting today with some great deals, its going on for two weeks with a lot of games 80% off http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/02/big-japan-sale-returns-ps-store-week/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not bad, just stay away from the PAL PS1 games.

As for Ar Tonelico I heard the first two are great if you can get over the copious amounts of fan service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not bad, just stay away from the PAL PS1 games.

Does that go for Front Mission 3? Was definitely grabbing that at €2.69, would be perfect for the Vita but not if it suffers from slowdown or any other deal breakers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

penev10 wrote: »
    Does that go for Front Mission 3? Was definitely grabbing that at €2.69, would be perfect for the Vita but not if it suffers from slowdown or any other deal breakers.

It is great for Vita but the already slow framerate is exasperated in the PAL release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Some nice stuff on sale,have a lot of them though.

• Advertisement

Same here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Looking at the sale on PSN at the moment, what games would be good and somewhat similar to the Persona games?

Trails in the Sky is a must.

The Atelier games have a very Persona feel to how they are broken up into days. Not sure how cheap they are.

The Tales of games are all work a punt.

Kinda a strange one, but Elminage Gothic is coming later this summer on Steam, the Elminage series has been on multiple different formats over the years but rarely has been localised, for people who have played any of the Wizardry games you will know what you are in for.

Elminage Original was localised on PSP, was suppsoed to be rather good as well.

I'm all for Elminage Gothic, heard it's one of the best in the series and I'm in love with the genre since Etrian Odyssey.

All 75% off on Steam till tomorrow and well worth it.

Ys 1+2
    Ys Oath in Felghana (Ys 3)
    Ys Origin

I know what I will be playing in September :D
    Irvine, Calif. -- July 30, 2014 -- ATLUS' renowned RPG for the Nintendo 3DS™, Shin Megami Tensei IV, is making its way to Europe later this year as a digital download title for just €19.99/£17.99. And by later this year, we mean sometime in September; all the DLC will be available as well, except for the North America retailer-exclusive pre-order bonus armor.

Only Elminage Original for PSP was localised that I know of.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky just released on pc, utterly fantastic game I'd recommend anyone to play

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky just released on pc, utterly fantastic game I'd recommend anyone to play

Never got a chance to play any of the other games in the series, does it follow a story from the previous games or is it a stand alone.

• Advertisement

I have the sword art online game for vita coming to me from play Asia.I was tempted to order a lot more than that :pac:

Xenji wrote: »
    Never got a chance to play any of the other games in the series, does it follow a story from the previous games or is it a stand alone.

its the first chapter of its own story, the second chapter will be coming sometime next year

its the first chapter of its own story, the second chapter will be coming sometime next year

Nice one, will keep me entertained till Akiba's Trip.

I have the sword art online game for vita coming to me from play Asia.I was tempted to order a lot more than that :pac:

Heard its a dull as the anime it's asked on which is why I didn't get it. Let us know if its good. I'll probably ignore it because the anime was really bad.

Heard its a dull as the anime it's asked on which is why I didn't get it. Let us know if its good. I'll probably ignore it because the anime was really bad.

Will do

I thought the anime started off well and detoriated fast.

Will do

I thought the anime started off well and detoriated fast.

Me too, after two episodes. The lead is such a boring power fantasy character. Would have been much better with Kleiner as a lead.

I heard Log Horizon is similar but not ****.

Me too, after two episodes. The lead is such a boring power fantasy character. Would have been much better with Kleiner as a lead.

I heard Log Horizon is similar but not ****.

Log Horizon is very good, looking forward to its second season and its actually funded by the government, SA:O is terrible but still has a large fanbase.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Log Horizon is much better than SWO, whole thing is more believeable. The hype train is much to blame about SWO's popularity :/

Log horizon is on my too watch list.

• Advertisement

Playing rainbow moon atm.

Advertisement