Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it wrong to wear professional team gear..?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

At our club race last week there was someone in the Maglia Rosa. I think that I saw him at the finish line taking photos when we came rolling through at the end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Lumen wrote: »
    Farnese Vini kit would be great for commuting.

farnese_vini_2012_vigilia_giro01.jpg

........Somewhere in Galway someone in the Road Safety Authority is rubbing themselves while looking at this......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Tried them on yesterday; you have to pull them forward and squat in order for anything to happen... can't come off when you're in any sort of cycling position :)

Link?

......... can't come off when you're in any sort of cycling position :)

Talk about tempting fate!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Tried them on yesterday; you have to pull them forward and squat in order for anything to happen... can't come off when you're in any sort of cycling position :)

That's a pity! Do you think they'll give you a refund? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭jameverywhere

Link?

you mean a link to where you can purchase droptail bibs?

try here: http://shop.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&product_id=1509677&outlet=1

I got them for sale off the REI website, but only small and medium were available.

If you want a link showing you how to use it, I'm not sure I can help? It's pretty self-explanatory once you actually put the things on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭jameverywhere

el tel wrote: »
    That's a pity! Do you think they'll give you a refund? :p

lol figuring out a way to pee while ON the bike is not top on my list of priorities (would probably require some kind of tubing for that)

you mean a link to where you can purchase droptail bibs?

try here: http://shop.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&product_id=1509677&outlet=1

I got them for sale off the REI website, but only small and medium were available.

If you want a link showing you how to use it, I'm not sure I can help? It's pretty self-explanatory once you actually put the things on though.

Sorry, my "link? could have got me into trouble there.
    lol figuring out a way to pee while ON the bike is not top on my list of priorities (would probably require some kind of tubing for that)

Nope, just a domestique.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭riparooo

Ah ha, I was begining to think that my wearing a red polka dot jersey (Bianchi) was being frowned upon. It was my girlfriend who noticed one day as we passed lots of serious looking cyclists that she had never seen anyone ever wear a yellow jersey.:)

So I almost never wear it anymore - even though it my fav and goes fantastic with my red and white Basso bike.

The thing is I think the vast majority of jerseys are horrific looking, the are too 'busy' with too many stipes, swishes, ads, colors and whatever your having yourself.

All the pro Jerseys with the exception of Sky and maybe Garmin look like a a guy wearing a tight t-shirt fell into the logo cupboard of an ad agency and then vomited all over himself.

As for local club jerseys................need I say more!

img_1145.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Would you class the planet x water damaged yellow on one jerseys the same as a tdf replica?? Are all yellow jerseys off limits?

Picked one up as a cheap training top last year (no ss blue left) and will wear it regardless, just means when I see other cyclists I will have up my game (more than I usually do)!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Whats the view on wearing national jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Whats the view on wearing national jerseys.

If it's your country then in theory it should be slightly more acceptable than pro team gear. National champion jerseys less acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

happytramp wrote: »
    If it's your country then in theory it should be slightly more acceptable than pro team gear. National champion jerseys less acceptable.

We wore Irish jerseys while cycling in France which was pretty cool, they got commented on and we were recognised etc. I do wear it here occasionally too, the non matching bibs, beer gut and mtb shoes usually give it away that I bought it rather than earned it..

For the day that's in it.....

3888921721_520b0de81c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

My An Post Rás anniversary jersey arrived today, but it's yellow. Should I just burn it now? Does it make me less of a Fred because I won* it?

*in a facebook competition

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

buffalo wrote: »
    My An Post Rás anniversary jersey arrived today, but it's yellow. Should I just burn it now? Does it make me less of a Fred because I won* it?
    *in a facebook competition

A reflection of my advancing years, but I would be more embarrassed about winning a facebook competition:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i wore lampre gear the other day. I just like the pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭De Bhál

who doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

my clubmates are much fitter and faster then me - does this mean i cant wear club kit ?

my clubmates are much fitter and faster then me - does this mean i cant wear club kit ?

Confer with your fellow club mates, they may rather you didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Go up and down Glengesh until you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Go2Guy

3102derek wrote: »
    I just ordered a Greenedge jersey & I cycle a Felt.

If someone doesn't like it, tough titty. I think it looks nice and that's all that matters
    But did you get the latest greenedge jersey ie the one with Orica on it? I can't find anywhere...
    G
    EDIT:
    It's on pro bike kit woops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I have been known to wear Saeco gear... until recently I saw a picture of myself in it. It is not a flattering colour and is unlikely to be worn again! :o

Advertisement