Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 13 - Newport Bar, Paul St, Cork - 16 / 6 / 2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Ggs to everyone today. Shokashi-san played well. Thanks to Misty for organising it.

I'm going back to ze lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Thanks to Shokashi for helping me out, would being lost without him! Also thanks to everyone who showed up.

Top 3 as follows:

1. Silver Steez
    2. Shokashi
    3. Gouke

details and videos to be uploaded later

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Delv3r

Also thanks to everyone who showed up

LULZ UR WELCOME!!1

Seems like a really nice place to have all this going on. Good food, easy to find. GG's had by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Here is the final.

Apologies for the poor quality but I had to set my camera to lowest in order to record the match as my memory card was nearly full.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Speedhaak wrote: »
    Ggs to everyone today. Shokashi-san played well. Thanks to Misty for organising it.

I'm going back to ze lab.

Thanks speedhack. We did get in some good games this time.
    Also GG to everyone who turned up

• Advertisement

Thanks to Shokashi for helping me out, would being lost without him! Also thanks to everyone who showed up.

details and videos to be uploaded later

You most welcome. But to he honest I have to thank sairus. All thwt was going through my head was, what would sairus do? So organisation + working seeding and grouped brackets = working tournament. Sorted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Shokashi wrote: »
    All thwt was going through my head was, what would sairus do?
    Gotta get that on a t-shirt.

Sairus wrote: »
    Gotta get that on a t-shirt.

May just do that. Official tempest tag-line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Good tempest. Ggs to everyone, and apologies for the salt. I tried my best to suppress it but some may have gotten through the cracks :D.

Ggs to limeirick abel silty too, nice to have some practice vs an abel and to talk with a fellow gouken, though we didn't get very many games.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Oooooh, who is this Abel new challenger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

That's delver from limerick, or silty orangutang on xbl.

Oooooh, who is this Abel new challenger?

Kind of, not really. I like keeping a low profile but I was going to the Limerick events when they were on with Robb knoll, Generic name, Future guy, Dark onion etc.
    And 1 Inferno.

I liked the Cork venue. It was my first time going. I don't see how it could have been any better other than more people and a bouncy castle. Well done to MistyChaos.

My tag is SiltyOrangutan, feel free to add me especially if you were at the Cork event.

Also sorry for not staying longer but I needed to get something for Fathers day and catch the next bus... which I ended up missing and waiting another hour so should have stayed really :pac:

You guys should totally get a Limerick vs Cork thing going.

How many people did ye have at this event?

And was there any problems with sorting out those cables and speakers I left? I can't remember if I had all the converters and stuff plugged into the right wires or not.

You guys should totally get a Limerick vs Cork thing going.

No one left in Limerick as far as I can tell, but I'm st00pid I dunno.
    Sairus wrote: »
    How many people did ye have at this event?

8 If I remember correctly, a couple were only there for casuals. might be forgetting someone.

Delv3r wrote: »
    No one left in Limerick as far as I can tell, but I'm st00pid I dunno.

Futureguy is also from Limerick and he travelled to the Timpiste before the one you were at.

Other than that I dunno, I'm from the far side of the country!

I thought FutureGuy wasn't in Limerick anymore. I just added him on XBL. I might do an event to see if anyone in the area is interested. Limerick vs. Cork would be a fun if it was a thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I thought FutureGuy wasn't in Limerick anymore. I just added him on XBL. I might do an event to see if anyone in the area is interested. Limerick vs. Cork would be a fun if it was a thing.

I was talking to Sabre about having an event some week night as it suits everyone much better. Interested?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I was talking to Sabre about having an event some week night as it suits everyone much better. Interested?

you know me futureguy, anything to go after the limerick fighters :p
    and i am sure the others down here wont mind either,

if this does go ahead, please give at least a 2 week notice for saving for fares to get up there and back.

if this does go ahead, please give at least a 2 week notice for saving for fares to get up there and back.
    If it's at night you fair won't be getting a bus to/from anywhere :pac:

• Advertisement

Of course!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

you know me futureguy, anything to go after the limerick fighters :p
    and i am sure the others down here wont mind either,

It's alost definately going to be causals for a while and probably wont start till 7.30-8.00. I know it rules out players from outside Limerick but we have to do what is right for our play group. Weekends have been a complete disaster as it doesn't suit many people that live here. Sorry :(
    Of course!
    Good stuff, good to see you back on boards!

It's alost definately going to be causals for a while and probably wont start till 7.30-8.00. I know it rules out players from outside Limerick but we have to do what is right for our play group. Weekends have been a complete disaster as it doesn't suit many people that live here. Sorry :(

well if we get a carpool or you guys pull an all nighter i could happen, i know there are some guys here who would be up for this,

Advertisement