Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 13 - Newport Bar, Paul St, Cork - 16 / 6 / 2012

Options
  • 26-05-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Following a highly successful last Tempest where we gave Sairus a good sending off as leader of the tournament, I am now stepping into his boots and will be running Tempest for the next few months.

Now normally this would be on every 4th Saturday of the month but due to the fact that June 22nd clashes with Q-Con in Belfast, I decided to go with the earlier date of June 16. That means no one has any excuse now to not come down!

After speaking with Sairus, I've decided to do away with the side tournament. The reason being is that generally speaking, there wasn't enough people entering. That and the voting system wasn't working as often people voted for a game then they didn't show up on the day. HOWEVER, there will be a station set aside ( numbers permitting ) after group stages for casual games / money matches and you'll be more than welcome to play as you please on it.

Anyway, with that out of the way, onto the tournament details;

SSFIV details:

Entry is €10 to the Street Fighter 4 tournament.*

Casuals and registration start from 12.00. The tournament itself will start at 13.00.*

The tournament will be run exclusively on Xbox 360s.

There'll be a couple of extra pads on hand for those without, but please bring your own controller of choice if possible.

Anyone who can bring equipment (Games, consoles, monitors, etc) please do so!

If anyone needs to contact me and wants my mobile number, PM me.

This is the seeding list as it stands

N1oY2.jpg

Here's a quick map of the venue in relation to the bus and train stations.

xZERu.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Rules are as follows:

SSFIV:

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

The tournament format is a group stage followed by a double elimination brackets stage.

Each match will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match will only be played in the event of a tie after the second game. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Time is set to 99 seconds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each set. However once a set has started they may only change characters after losing a game. The winner of the first game must stick to the character they started the game with and may only change if he loses the second game, in which case the winner of the second game must then stick to the character he used in the second game.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No food can be eaten in the venue that was not bought on the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

as all ways ill bring my monitor and a console if needed,

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I'm looking forward to it! But what are the options for the side tournament? Whups, I should read more closely!

Nevflinn wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it! But what are the options for the side tournament?

It's being done away with as not enough would enter usually. Like I said though, there will be a casual station set aside ( numbers permitting ) after SF4 groups so you can play any game you want on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

It's being done away with as not enough would enter usually. Like I said though, there will be a casual station set aside ( numbers permitting ) after SF4 groups so you can play any game you want on it.

I know you guys have had difficulties with this before, but that's a shame to hear. For anyone who wants to play Marvel 3 on the day, I'll be down there to do just that. I hope to see someone come down for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'll get that seed list and all the other stuff on to you as soon as I get back to Cork. Had to move all my stuff to Galway dontchaknow.

And I should be able to make it down to this tournament, 360 in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'll be there

I've made up a poster for this that I will be hanging around the place over the next week or so. If you have any suggestions that could improve this ( or you spot spelling / grammar mistakes. I'm the type of person who does that ) please let me know.

cFkFR.jpg

Aside from that, if anyone is interested in printing out some to hang in their locality outside of Cork, let me know and I'll send you a PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Nice job with the poster!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Won't show up for this, will be heading to Spain a few days after this so must save dem dollars.

• Advertisement

WasterEx wrote: »
    Won't show up for this, will be heading to Spain a few days after this so must save dem dollars.
    Win the tournament and you'll have plenty of funds! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

looks like im in cork on 16th :D
    Hoah Hoah Hoaaaah

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ladnopoka wrote: »
    looks like im in cork on 16th :D
    Hoah Hoah Hoaaaah

Tag, Ladno's it :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

OP updated as per posters request :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Delv3r

I'll try and make It, I haz monee. I vote for a Guilty Gear Accent Core plus R side tournament.

It turns out I actually can't make this Tempest! I have a meeting in Dublin about the Japanese thing that I need to attend on the 16th. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

I'll be there.

Speedhaak wrote: »
    I'll be there.

give a fellow fighter enough pressure outside Tesco's and they will turn up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

plans changed, most likely wont come to this :((((

ladnopoka wrote: »
    plans changed, most likely wont come to this :((((
    bwok bwok bwok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

And mmy axe

so, will there be any one doing any casuals before tempest this week?

Just a reminder that this is on this Saturday. I would also appreciate if anyone who can bring consoles / monitors to please do so. If anyone needs my phone number, just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Ill be there , also misty sairus gave me a bag of extension cables today 4 or more so ill bring them for you so no need to bring any yourself id say so i guess ill have to be there for when your setting up, what time should i come ?

Ill be there , also misty sairus gave me a bag of extension cables today 4 or more so ill bring them for you so no need to bring any yourself id say so i guess ill have to be there for when your setting up, what time should i come ?

Come in at about 12 if you can, that is when I'll be arriving. Also, if you only want to drop in the leads and come back later, that is fine by me.

well you know me, i have the monitor and xbox if needed, but i dont know if the speakers that sairus brings for the monitor i use is his or part of the equipment for tempest, if not then we will have a soundless game on one gaming station this week

Shokashi wrote: »
    well you know me, i have the monitor and xbox if needed, but i dont know if the speakers that sairus brings for the monitor i use is his or part of the equipment for tempest, if not then we will have a soundless game on one gaming station this week

They're in the bag I gave Misty along with all the needed connectors.

Sairus wrote: »
    They're in the bag I gave Misty along with all the needed connectors.

sorted. cheers for that sai, just to ask sai do you notice any lag with my monitor at all?

No idea. I very rarely notice lag of any sort because of the TV I'm used to using :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Just as well you're not coming along sai, I would have put you on point with jabs.

Advertisement