Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People having a slash in the street

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I used to love the Bodega but now its gone to ****

One of the musicians who plays/drinks there was out on my street roaring with a kitchen knife in his hand last week, I'm sure he was smashing glass at 4am yesterday morn too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I remember I met an old pal, a few yr ago outside castle billiards he was on his way to the halfway house n I'd not seen him in years; chatting away.. n he just whipped out his mickey n started pissing on a very busy road.. his road... so he will have known; sober or not there was a laneway right beside that garden wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My parents house where I grew up is on a main street in the city centre, a little bit away from the main nightlife scene. Can't count how many times someone has pissed up against our front door. So scummy and disgusting. Few times we have caught the guys in action, never once have they been any way apologetic, just confrontational. One guy got in a row with my drunk brother who shouted at him about how ignorant he was. and kis skanky girlfriend started hurling abuse at us all inside then, I would be mortified if my boyfriend got doing that. When he gave up and came in the house, the guy threw something through the glass panes.

And it's pretty much every house along the way from the nightclubs that get this, along with people throwing their empty chip boxes on the step. I'm so thankful we live a bit down from the taxi rank though, it could be much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

I once saw 3 guys clime over the fence of Ashbourne garda station to take to piss. Who climes into the grounds of a garda station to take a piss especially when your about 10 steps for the open gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Rushing back from lunch today, just off Georges St (thankfully ran past) a chap weeing against the wall. This was 2pm, busy side street.... Yuck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jorcky

star-pants wrote: »
    Rushing back from lunch today, just off Georges St (thankfully ran past) a chap weeing against the wall. This was 2pm, busy side street.... Yuck.

That is just pathetic. Whatever excuse there might be at 4am when there's no other option, but in the city centre at 2 in the afternoon? Come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

I used to live in Dublin city centre (between Poolbeg St and the Quays) and there wasn't a single day where I didn't see people pissing in the street. The shutter doors on the side of the immigration building were the favoured spot. It was mainly blokes but also the occasional girl squatted between parked cars. What was worse was several times seeing people take dumps in the street (the % of female offenders was much higher with that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jorcky

I have to admit, going from my bus stop to the three sections of my DIT (Parnell St, Marlborogh St, Cathal Brugha St, Sackville Place) you see a LOT of messed up stuff, and although it often stinks of piss, I've never seen anyone actually pissing in the middle of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Used to rent on Clonliffe Rd in Drumcondra

Right next to Croke Park
    Fookers would come into your garden and behind your wall

You can roar at them but sure what can you do, I'm not grabbing and ejecting them

fill your garden with stinging nettles.... that'll soon sort them out

i just witnessed a woman (a street beggar) just drop her kacks in the middle of the street (duke lane) in broad daylight and take a piss... not an ounce of shame whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

i just witnessed a woman (a street beggar) just drop her kacks in the middle of the street (duke lane) in broad daylight and take a piss... not an ounce of shame whatsoever

Was she hot;)?

Was she hot;)?

no she was fat, filthy and just ugly really ugly. she has no shame :mad:

she didn't even wipe herself after.... i shuddered to think how smelly her gee must be.... i feel ill now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Hey when ya have to go, ya have to go right ?, cant be easy getting into an establishment for a piss when your a beggar. Or does that not apply to beggars, only drunks ? :D

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Hey when ya have to go, ya have to go right ?, cant be easy getting into an establishment for a piss when your a beggar. Or does that not apply to beggars, only drunks ? :D

you'd think she would have gone into an alleyway to do it rather than in the middle of a busy street

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Agreed..I've been in plenty of pubs mid-morning / afternoon and seen beggars refused entry. Needing to go and just pissing / ****ting for the sake of exhibitionism are two different things.

you'd think she would have gone into an alleyway to do it rather than in the middle of a busy street

You'd think the same of those pissing in shop doorways every night of the week. But if the act is fine then what does location matter ?

You'd think the same of those pissing in shop doorways every night of the week. But if the act is fine then what does location matter ?

most of those pissing in doorways are at night when there is no where open to go to... dublin has a serious lack of public toilets.

most of those pissing in doorways are at night when there is no where open to go to... dublin has a serious lack of public toilets.

Well first off I assume the same alleyways are available to them as to that beggar. Yet she's disgusting and the drunks have no option ?

Secondly there are any amount of toilets around, every pub has a toilet and the place is peppered with pubs, restaurants, cafes, fast food places etc etc. There are plenty of toilets for people to use, the problem is people want toilets open 24hrs to facilitate their drinking even though there exists no real problem for most people during business hours (including pub/fast food business hours 8am - 2am). If there is a lack of toilets for drunks then the pubs should be forced to provide them not he local authority.

Well first off I assume the same alleyways are available to them as to that beggar. Yet she's disgusting and the drunks have no option ?

Secondly there are any amount of toilets around, every pub has a toilet and the place is peppered with pubs, restaurants, cafes, fast food places etc etc. There are plenty of toilets for people to use, the problem is people want toilets open 24hrs to facilitate their drinking even though there exists no real problem for most people during business hours (including pub/fast food business hours 8am - 2am). If there is a lack of toilets for drunks then the pubs should be forced to provide them not he local authority.

if the local authorities had more public toilets then the homeless beggars would have somewhere to go... not just the drunks

also stephen's green sc is not far from here she could have used a public toilet there.... no need for anyone to piss on the street during business hours homeless or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

why don't they just copy the Dutch and install those cheap coil public toilets that you see in Amsterdam

like this

http://www.nileguide.com/destination/blog/amsterdam/files/2010/11/toiletten.jpeg

• Advertisement

if the local authorities had more public toilets then the homeless beggars would have somewhere to go... not just the drunks

So we should pump money into building public toilets on main streets for drunks and beggars who are too lazy to go down an alleyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

So we should pump money into building public toilets on main streets for drunks and beggars who are too lazy to go down an alleyway ?

Yes of course we should, we have so much money in this country there is no point in pissing it away now is there?

also stephen's green sc is not far from here she could have used a public toilet there.... no need for anyone to piss on the street during business hours homeless or not

Thats my point, those who will do that wont travel to find a toilet. Those who piss in a doorway on the main street rather than down an alley wont go too far to find a toilet. Public toilets themselves at 2 am probably wouldnt entice too many to seek them out anyway. And if they did it would likely be a hotbed for violence and crime.

if they installed those coil public toilets as pictured in the post above yours it would suffice.

also the security guard here in work told me that she regularily pees on the street outside... so its not a one off.

You sound like great fun, constantly giving out about people out enjoying themselves.

You would swear they were spreading a mixture of uranium and anthrax around the place, its only a pi** for f**ks sake.

You sound like great fun, constantly giving out about people out enjoying themselves.

You would swear they were spreading a mixture of uranium and anthrax around the place, its only a pi** for f**ks sake.

I'm giving out about people pissing in public, if thats your idea of fun then stay at home and have a blast against your own walls. Invite the family around and make an evening of it.

Ya see I have fun, I just dont act like an ignorant twat while doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

You sound like great fun, constantly giving out about people out enjoying themselves..

I certainly don't enjoy the stench while passing laneways in Dublin on a Monday morning

I'm giving out about people pissing in public, if thats your idea of fun then stay at home and have a blast against your own walls. Invite the family around and make an evening of it.

Ya see I have fun, I just dont act like an ignorant twat while doing it.

We would always take a p*ss in the back garden of my house or peoples house at house parties when there is a big demand for the toilet etc and its never an issue.

I don't see it as fun I see it as necessary. Its not like people go out with the aim of doing it it just happens that sometimes you need to go and there isn't a toilet around. I don't agree with doing it against someones door etc , however its not ideal but I don't see why its such a big issue if someone has to take a quick piss at the side of the street.

Would you be against pulling in at the side of the road for a pi** or is that ok as people are sober.

Would you be against pulling in at the side of the road for a pi** or is that ok as people are sober.

Big difference in pissing in a ditch and pissing in a doorway where people live or work or have to walk through and someone will have to clean it if they dont like the stink of stale piss.

Why not just grow the fcuk up, cop the fcuk on and take responsibility for your actions ? Oh yeah I forgot, anything is justifiable when your drunk because its all in the name of fun. The big deal is its, illegal, it stinks the place up and its unnecessary despite what you'd like to think.

The place is full of toilets you dont have to wait until everywhere is closed to walk home, you chose to do that to get another few pints in so its not a necessity and there is no need for more public toilets only a need for people to cop on. Anyone found doing this should be arrested and heavily fined. So it might sink into to their ignorant heads that you cant do whatever the hell you want in society you have to have respect for others.

Walk home 30 minutes earlier and you'll pass a string of open pubs with toilets. But thats not good enough you want to drink until your thrown out and then whinge about the council not building a toilet every 10 minutes to cater for that. Grow up man ffs.

• Advertisement

Walk home 30 minutes earlier and you'll pass a string of open pubs with toilets. But thats not good enough you want to drink until your thrown out and then whinge about the council not building a toilet every 10 minutes to cater for that. Grow up man ffs.

Why the hell should I have to walk home 30 mins earlier. If proper public toilets were provided they would be used.

I'm not saying I go around p*ssing all over the place or against doors, but on a very rare occasion I might need to go and would duck down an alley or something. Hardly crime of the century.

A perfect example is the urinals they put between Quinns pub and croke park. We were going from Quinns to Croke park one day and bursting for a p*ss, we were just about to go looking for a sneeky spot to go and then we spotted the toilets, everyone was using them and there was no one going on the street. If they are provided people will use them.

Advertisement